Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Druid - ultimate PvE build?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by MuRRe, Jun 21, 2007. | Replies: 33 | Views: 20316

1. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Druid - ultimate PvE build?

Hi!
    I have NEVER played a Druid.
    Neither have I played D2 in a long time.

My question.
    Is there a Druid build that is considered the best when it comes to dealing dmg?

Im gonna party with a barbarian the whole way lvling.
  2. Gluttony

Gluttony IncGamers Member

In the lore druids and barbarians are very similar to one another. In fact if I'm correct the original of the two were brothers. In that case I think you'd get the most satisfaction as being a powerful melee fighting by his side. If this is the case I suggest going pure fury. A pury fury werewolf is just as powerful as a barb in pve. In this regard the two of you will be battling the armies of diablo together.

You're going to want to max Lycanthropy, Werewolf, Fury, Oak Sage, and put atleast a point in Feral to life leach. You have plenty of other options to place extra points after that. You'll end up dealing with end game gear 7000 damage with 9000 life or something like that. I wish you both luck on your journey. :smiley:

3. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

I want to thnk you for the fast answer.
    My question is, whit Oak sage, Lycanthropy and barbs BO will i get +347% life? Are the additive or multiple?
    Is it 140+115+92 OR is 2.14*2.15*1.92?

Also, could I skip Lycanthropy to somehow get more dmg?

4. Gluttony

I don't think there's any other way to get more damage unless you do something such as boost Feral Rage. Feral Rage when charged up will increase the ammount of damage you push out as well as stealing life. It's an amazing skill that when you're getting low from taking a beating it allows you to bounce right back up. As for BO I don't know the full math but if he maxes it you're looking at some really big life numbers. I know because when my brother bo's my bear my life becomes insane and I don't get the life boost Fury wolves get but work on feral last if you decide to go for it.

Even at one point it'll boost your power pretty high. Your oak sage will be also useful in boosting your friend's life as well since it'll stack nicely with his bo. You'll make an excelent team. You won't be dissapointed by your damage because although max damage will be 7000 you're going to have some decent crushing blow with endgame gear so it'll technicly have potential to be much much higher than what it lists. :smiley:

You should really max lycanthropy. Your damage will be absolutely fine and on par with the barbarians. Especially considering the speed that fury hits at. You're going to be attacking often and fast. With max werewolf you're going to be landing blows very well. Everything will drop before the two of you. :grin: and no problem. I love helping out.

5. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

So this is the ULTI build when it comes to dmg???
    Couldn't a Fireclaw build do more dmg?

6. Gluttony

Confusing jumping back and forth between posts. Read the post I made in the pvp thread then make your reply back here so it's all in one spot. Also this way we don't hijack the other guy's thread because that's not fair to him. :tongue:

7. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Ok!
    I feel so confused, i have NO idea what choose.
    That guy who posted, he didn't say anything about eqp!!

Can u say anything about that?

8. Gluttony

Eqp means equipment right? Well, for equipment for a fury based wolf I'd use (endgame this is):

Jalas or Cerberus
    Enigma, Fort, CoH
    Ravenfrost
    Angelic Halo
    Angelic Wing
    Verdungos/Blood belt (crafted)
    Ribcracker
    Gore Riders
    Bloodfist gloves

This is, I believe, the ideal setup for a fury wolf and I believe in Jayson's guide it gives gear suggestions. :smiley: WRcheza might pitch in about other gear ideas. He's more knowledgeable than me about fury wolves. I can tell from his other posts. He knows a lot.

*Edit* As for your question on WRcheza that looked about right. They both seemed to have equal gear. Wolves have better accuracy than bears and hit more often. They do slightly less damage but since their damage is physical it's not as easily negatable as the bear. They also have more health. Fire Claws does more damage, has less health, is more easily negateably and lower accuracy but has shockwave which stuns. They're both equal

9. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

fc werebear:
    less life[mine had 8.8k]
    more damage[mine had 18k]
    consistent 4fpa attack
    single target attack skill
    shockwave =]
    less ar[mine had 13k]
    can be negated with a very high stacked fire resist/absorb

fury werewolf
    more life[mine has 10.3k]
    less damage[mine has 15k]
    interruptible attack at 4fpa with an initial 6fpa attack at best
    multitarget attack skill
    no shockwave
    more ar[mine has 18-23k]
    cannot be negated or absorbed

So you always go for wolf with Fury and Bear with Fireclaw right?
    This is hard...

EDIT: Cant find Jayson's Guide
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  10. Gluttony

Yup for pve. There's rabies/fury and then there's Flaming rabies (fireclaw/rabies) but they're not real good pve builds (flaming rabies can be, actually but fireclaw bear is better for pvp) so yes. Those two builds are the pve ones I'd pick. Personally for pve I'd go fury. Fireclaw does nicely but I just have more fun with fury in pve but I enjoy Fire Claw more in PvP.

11. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Where is the skill build for Wolf/Fur?
    Thnx for your help, do u have MSN?

12. Gluttony

Yeah, I have msn. I don't know where there's any guides to pure fury builds but! I did make one myself in the past and I can tell you where I allocated my skill points into. My fury wolf was very effective and could clear hell solo by himself (iron maiden was damaging but switching to a weapon that deals heavy elemental damage made abyss knights cake). Pm me for my msn :smiley:

13. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Well, wouldn't it look something like:
    Werewolf - 20
    Lycantrophy - 20
    Fury - 20
    Feral Rage - this is where im a little confused, how much do u need - 10-20???
    HoT/Oak Sage - 20

14. Gluttony

Yeah, that looks about right but if you plan to max Feral Rage make sure you do it last. The rest of the skills are far more important.

15. kidsmokin

kidsmokin IncGamers Member

I think you're better off not maxing Werewolf to be honest, put in in Feral Rage instead, especially if you want to take the dude into Uber Tristram.

meaning, max Feral Rage before, and dump what you can into Werewolf. Why? Because you get decreasing returns in IAS past the 5th point or so into Werewolf, and AR (the linearly increasing factor) is easy to make up with Metalgrid or Angelics and such. Life and Increased Speed don't change with the slvl of Werewolf. You're probably going to get more damage out of Feral Rage, and the Life Leech is awesome.

Priorities:
    1. Lycanthropy
    2. Fury
    3. Feral Rage
    4. Oak Sage / Heart of Wolverine
    5. Werewolf

You can reverse 4 and 5 if you are going to go into Uber Trist because minions last like 2 seconds in there.

Obviously there's a lot of down-time in between Lycanthropy and Fury, I would dump those points into Feral Rage, and just finish it after you max Fury (ideally lvl50 Fury should be done)
  16. MuRRe

MuRRe IncGamers Member

Although I never played Druid I'm one of those that goes and reads like EVERYTHING there is.
    So I actually know about the IAS, but thnx anyways, I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS ABOUT WEREWOLF/FURY, SO DONT STOP POSTING PLZ.

EDIT:Also, if I choose HoW, how much MORE dmg would I do with for example IK Maul comparing if I have Oak Sage instead?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  17. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

Titan Wolf, Anyone? They regularly hit 25k
  18. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

You really wouldn't get that much damage with a HoW, its additive, not multiplicative. I would go with Oak>HoW

Fury sucks PvM, its way too slow... if this is for the ladder reset, then you want to go Rabies/Fury. Honestly the best combo out there. Rabies will rape PI, and in PvP it will make them hurt so bad, while you keep em locked up with fury.

Skills:
    Max Rabies, Lycan, Psn Creeper, Oak, Rest in Fury

Plenty of Guides out there on this, check em out, personally having made several wolves, R/F>R/FC>F
  19. Gluttony

I don't know what you mean by fury being too slow. My fury wolf cut down any enemy that stood in his path and slaughtered them all. Rabies takes a long time in pve to kill something and physical immunes are NOT a problem. All you need is a high damage elemental weapon and even physical immunes drop like flies. A weapon like this is very nice for abyss knights due to it doing too low physical damage to cause you to kill yourself.

If you mean that you attack slow this isn't true as well because Ribcracker is a decently fast weapon. My fury druid was in no way the best and had about 7,000 physical damage and 9000 health which allowed him to last very long in pve and made him effective in pvp. Feral rage allowed him to easily solo bosses and his health never dropped low no matter how many enemies lie before him. I do agree with Oak Sage over HoW.

20. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

King of damage for a druid?

Titan Fury.

Suck your fireclaws 4fpa junk.

Go go all strength titan with fortitude, steelrends, HoW and a monster weapon to boot. Not sure on the damage range of such a build but I'd say it'd be nearing the 30k mark with the right weapon.