Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Don't make my mistake in D3 $1,000 wasted

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by fkfkfk, Jan 15, 2013. | Replies: 32 | Views: 3735

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fkfkfk

fkfkfk IncGamers Member

So I'm one of the top players in D3, best gear in all slots max paragon etc. Then I look around and say now what?

Four zones? Are you kidding me? Farming forever and never getting any new items worth keeping let along wearing?

The answer for me was simple - Everquest! How many zones/items/quests? (more than I can count) and I'm a math major.

As to the $1,000+ in items i bought/acquired, well they r rotting on my character.

See ya!

If they ever add six+ new zones, tons of new 'real' levels and items I'll be back.

2. StarMage

StarMage IncGamers Member

That's a lot of money but I wouldn't think it wasted unless you feel you didn't get your money's worth (which seems like the case here). A few patches from now or whenever new items come out, your $1000 worth of items will become outdated and probably end up being worth $100. That will be your chance to spend another $1000 to re-experience the thrill / fun / feeling of awesomeness you get from being on top :)

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I wouldn't worry about it too much since that entire post didn't happen. Unless it is to be believed that the set of all zones in Everquest actually has a cardinality of aleph-one.

4. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I'd sell your gear now and re-gear later if you want to come back. Other than legacy Nat's and truly BiS items (hello 2 socket Manti with 190 dex and 1360 dps), keeping items is always a losing proposition in this game.

Pvp is coming soon (well... so they say), if you've lived in a bottle and didn't know. I thought I'd try that and then give the game up for good, if it still doesn't hold my interest. I never pvp'd in D2, mostly due to bad gear and not standing the attitude of the snot-nosed kids who made up most of the pvp 'community'.

5. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Well, considering they have expansions planned, I don't think this is outside the realm of possibility.

How much MF do you have?

6. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

This post made me laugh.

Its like taking the warp pipes in Super Mario Bros and complaining the games to short.

As much as agree D3 is lacking alot of 'things'. Spending real money on the best gear and then complaining theres nothing is pretty sutpid. IMO.

Why in the world would anyone spend any money on actual gear in this game is beyond me. Especially a $1000....lol

I also think its funny that anyone considers themselves the 'top' player after he dropped a $1000 bucks.....

7. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

*groan*

I agree, well put. Spending money on items in a game is a sure way to ruin it for yourself. I've done it in games in the past and it's not worth it.

8. Apendecto

Apendecto IncGamers Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Wait, you spent $60 to buy the game and paid others $1000 to get their items and now you seriously expect the game makers to do something to make use of it because somebody else received $1000? :scratchchin:

I guess I wouldn't even spend $1 on gear. It would be OK for me to gather money on the RM part by trading and buy stuff from that, however.

10. Tombat

Tombat IncGamers Member

Lets wait for the PvP and will see how many ppl spends real money to beat other players...

I havent spent a single euro on gear but I can understand some players enjoy that. But 1k$ omg...

11. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

What he said. How much skill does it take to spend $1K on gear... lol.

12. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice.

Do not worry, I wont be spending 1k on this game. ever.

13. CptSlappy

CptSlappy IncGamers Member

obvious troll is obvious

14. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

That's from Kung Fu Hustle. It's a great movie, and if you haven't seen it, you should.

Back when I played Conquer, I had a warrior named AlephNull. Awesome name for a character.

15. soucouyant

soucouyant IncGamers Member

$1000 HA HA HA HA HA HA

$1000 on pixels, what a muppet. A "Top D3 Player" !!!!

Being a "math major", you could work out how much each pixel cost you.

16. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

I think the real question is will D3s current PTR patch with dueling and everything stop this game from winning their fan base over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWbXdDpyarA

Tick Tock...Oo

17. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

LOL That was painful to watch. It definitely has the slow pace that everyone complains about. They even stole the thorns aura directly from D2...

18. Enkeria

Enkeria IncGamers Member

Everquest, isn't that like.. Something else? I mean, Diablo 3 is similar to Diablo 2?

I like Diablo, never liked MMO and had a hard time like other action RPGs. For me it's simple.. Play D3 until I can't. Besides, I have earned the money I spent on Diablo 3 C.E. :) I am happy. Nothing is waisted then time, but I had no better use of it anyway :D

19. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

Its not an arcade game like D3. Its supposed to be slower paced. Like D2... Truth is the game borrows ALOT of ideas from D2 but they do it in a very different way. Hence why its called true successor to D2 in terms of a ARPG.

Also, this game has actual builds. Unlike D3. :p

...And the ringer is. Its FREEEEEE.

So, keep on haten'. Try it out next week. I bet after the 1st play through you will see the light. If not, your loss.

20. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

Maybe they should have a featured a bunch of in game content that would never be in the actual game. Then charge everyone $60 bucks for it.

Its a ARPG. What do you want? Maybe a video of 4 player only game, with non random maps, with players dodging lazer beams non stop while fipping CRIT items on an auction house would have been a better D3 trailer...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.