Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does WB work while running? (I'm getting conflicting answers!) der

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by delsheol, Nov 21, 2004. | Replies: 4 | Views: 346

1. delsheol

delsheol IncGamers Member

Does WB work while running? (I'm getting conflicting answers!)

I'd like to know if weapon block for a c/c assassin works while running. The faq tagged at the top of this forum says no, the assassin faq it links to says yes. So please help :p
  2. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

I don't know if I've just been totally unlucky or if it's actually true, but back in 1.09 I never blocked a single guided arrow when I tested this thing, and I've never seen myself block anything while running through packs of monsters in 1.1 either.

It's really easy to be sure by testing yourself anyway, even level 1 WB gives enough to make you block every 4th hit, so get a friend to use some weak attack on you while you run(ideally guided arrow with a weak bow)..if you don't block a single one of say 20 arrows you should have your answer.
  3. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Sometimes server-client lag will have you momentarily still server side, and thus able to block, while appearing to run on your end. Thus, it seems as if there is SOME blocking while running. This is especially true is you are running through attacks or areas or whatever that can cause lag, even minor lag.
  4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

^^ Just adding to what Speederlander said, when you do turning in a crowd you are momentarily stopping, which allows you to block occasionally that way. In short, if the game thinks you are moving in a straight line, then Weapon Block will not work.
  5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Sorry for the confusion. In the event answers conflict between the "official" FAQ and the stickied FAQ topic, always stick to the answer given in the stickied FAQ topic. This is system is in place because it takes some time for updates to be processed into the "official" FAQ.