Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not true!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by WolfBear, Sep 23, 2011. | Replies: 42 | Views: 5757

1. WolfBear

WolfBear IncGamers Member

Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not true!!

I read somewhere that Diablo 3 requires players to log on to Battlenet (and stay logged on) even if they want to play single player. If this is true, then this game is an EPIC FAIL!!

Many people, such as myself, have internet connections with high latency which are NOT good for online gaming (other than flash-type games). Blizzard would be essentially alienating this entire audience if they require Diablo 3 single player to be played on Battlenet servers without any option for offline play.

So is this true about Diablo 3 single player mode requiring continuous Battlenet connection?

2. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Re: Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not tr

Blizzard thinks about Pros > Cons

And to answer your question, yes it's true.

3. BellaStrega

BellaStrega IncGamers Member

4. raveharu

Re: Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not tr

All his complaints stem mainly from unstable disconnections, so that doesn't count as it's beta as it's suppose to happen.

That was what Blizzard main reason of testing was for.

A minority and common problem for all online games, as compared to the cons if the game doesn't require BNET connection.

5. TheShaft

TheShaft IncGamers Member

6. borsuk

borsuk IncGamers Member

Incorrect. Please respond to this quote. Emphasis mine.
    He has very valid complaints.

7. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

Always online yes, so, Epic Fail.

8. Dahmer

Dahmer IncGamers Member

Not having a pause is a valid complaint? That just sounds like someone that wants it to be exactly like D2 and when it looks a tiny bit like WoW they call D3 an mmo and complain...

I've played single player games before that didn't have a way to pause it, if you have to go afk and you're not in a safe spot you could end up dead. You either learn to deal with that or find another game that's not so hard for your easily distracted fragile ***.

9. raveharu

And that's exactly why I simply do not want to reply this thread anymore.

As if seeing reasons like "I can't play D3 at work anymore" isn't bad enough... I'll be more than happy if the whiners don't play the game.

10. borsuk

borsuk IncGamers Member

No one is going to stop you from leaving, if all you can do is insulting people. Worse than useless. Go away.

11. badbat

badbat IncGamers Member

someone is REALLY behind the curve...

12. JoppE

JoppE IncGamers Member

I Will have a hard time to play D3 at work whit the onlineDRM system. I have a lots of downtimes and sometimes i can be sitting for hours just waiting for something to happend and then it's perfekt to have some games to play. Often its game like the HOMM series where it's easy to pause if/when something happenes. So D3 woulden't be the ideal game for me at work.
    But i dont want them to gimp the game so everyone can get there hands on the sercret code they have hide in the server that keep's us safe from hackers just because i want to play the game casual some times. Cus overall the pros is way bigger then the cons when u start to think about it. Is aint it?

13. BellaStrega

BellaStrega IncGamers Member

His complaints include the inability to pause the game, being logged out after being idle too long, losing connection, and not being able to play the game anywhere you don't have a connection. Of all of these, losing connection is the most likely to be beta only - the rest have nothing to do with being a beta.

With Diablo II recently, I was losing connection to battle.net regularly and dumped out of my games on a daily basis. That was most certainly not beta.

That said, I don't personally mind it requiring being online all the time. I simply thought that the OP might like to read it.

14. djxput

djxput IncGamers Member

first time you have heard of diablo eh?

15. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

here's a vid of a guy playing from South Africa
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax6cokwLDK8
    the combat is very smooth

I don't think latency will be as big of a problem as people think

16. Namik

Namik IncGamers Member

Yeah... game reacts execly like it did in Diablo 2 when you played on b.net (beside you have to wait to get log out). And D2 wasn't MMO either.

17. AlexanderBarin

AlexanderBarin Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Agreed. All the entitlement they claim... If it's not X, it's Y. Best avoided altogether.

18. borsuk

borsuk IncGamers Member

Which is fine if you want to play multiplayer. But many people want just single player. Don't care or don't have friends, etc. No reason to force these restrictions upon people playing SP.

As for lag... SC2 already has its Screen Freeze Art thread.
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=126943

19. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle IncGamers Member

Just as a point of information, you don't get kicked for being idle for too long. He simply didn't notice that he was kicked because of a server-side issue/disconnect.

So his complaints are now: 1) Can't pause, 2) Can't play without a connection.

20. Near

Near IncGamers Member

You couldn't pause Demon's Souls either but I didn't hear much complaining about it.