Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does Decrepify give amplified damage?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Holy Dude, Nov 4, 2013. | Replies: 16 | Views: 6365

1. Holy Dude

Holy Dude IncGamers Member

That's the description on the D2 skill planner, but I'm not sure.
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

The curse Amplified damage, makes enemies take an additional 100% damage...

Or more exact, it reduces enemies Physical resistance by a 100 points. So a 100% physical resistant monster, would not be immune after amp dmg has been cast upon it. (But will have a reduced effect, 1/5, therefor leaving the monster with 80% ph.res.)

Decrepify works similarly, but slows aswell (-50% move and attack speed iirc). The amp dmg effect only reduces ph.res with 50 though.
  3. Holy Dude

So as an Explosion Necro, would Amplified Damage or Decrepify make a better general hot key for PvM, say Chaos Runs
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Decrepify really isn't the best general use curse. It's great for a single nasty monster (like bosses or super uniques sometimes) but Amplify is just so much more damage. Amplify also gets a larger radius with more points, where Decrepify has a fixed radius that is very small.
  5. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

this .

I always hotkey decrep for hairy situational use only, like a crazy archer pack or to slow a boss down (usually I replace the curse with LR or Amp as needed if a clay golem slows them down further :) )
  6. Holy Dude

So if you were to choose 3 curses to hot key for a Summon CE Necro, what would they be?
  7. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Amplify Damage, Decrepify, and Life Tap. The only curses (other than Lower Resist, which isn't really necessary for summoners) that have my respect.

By the way, Decrepify is a fine general use curse for bone necromancers. It cripples monsters, which is moderately useful, while no other curse does much to synergize with bone spells.

Always use Amplify Damage alongside Corpse Explosion. It's really strong. For summoners Amplify Damage is the obvious curse for general gameplay. Cheaper than Decrepify, lasts longer, covers a wider area, and has more offensive power.

Life Tap is almost always unnecessary, but is an easy way to keep a mercenary alive in a pinch.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  8. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

You should also note here some crowd control curses. While widely ignored on ladder, those are very useful in untwinked play.
  9. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Someone else can note them. I don't use them, don't like them, and wish I could trade all of them for something useful.
  10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

He answered the way I would. I haven't played a summoner past normal (yawn), but I would use those curses.
    I do play a poison necro and so I swap b/w lower res and amp for nova and CE, respectively.

Crowd control is of note, but I too haven't used them much at all. Specifically the blinding one (wow I can't remember the name) and attract are used most.
  11. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Yeah, Dim Vision and Attract definitely can be effective. I think it's pretty easy to have enough offensive and defensive capability that Amplify Damage or Decrepify is faster and more convenient. My issue is that the monsters that are often the most problematic are often the ones that AI curses don't affect. I want my curses to be strong where the game is hardest, not a way to make the easy parts easier.

I'd probably put points into Dim Vision and Attract if I wanted to try a naked necro.
  12. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

DV and Attract are necessary if you play HC like me. DV is a game breaker and allows the Fishy to safely run any lvl85 area in the game although he may not be the most efficient. My Fishy easily moves through WSK 1 and 2 and has found some nice items there while being very safe. Attract can also be great 4 herding monsters around a single target b4 CEing them back to hell.
  13. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Attract is great for shutting down archers or unpleasant monsters who will now attack one of their own instead of you. Dim Vision is great for spamming at the ends of the screen when you're getting blasted from off-screen. I put 1 point in every curse on every Necromancer I have made so far, although a Bone Necro probably doesn't need LR (but I don't have a Bone Necro :)).
  14. Drehnz

Drehnz IncGamers Member

I used to have a summon CE Necro, and I admit he was pretty awesome. I would've kept him if I wasn't gonna change to PvP. I personally only ever needed amp damage, but of course you can use decrep for slowing bosses, or iron maiden to let summons go out for a price. Point is, CE only requires amp damage in my opinion.
  15. Holy Dude

Thanks everyone. And welcome to the forum Drenhz. Hope you enjoy!
  16. Drehnz

Drehnz IncGamers Member

Thanks bro, :) btw how did you know I was new
  17. Holy Dude

It says when you joined under your name.