Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do you know of someone having their dead HC chars revived(lag/disconnect/hack etc)?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by Haken, Feb 16, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1836

1. Haken

Haken IncGamers Member

Hi guys. I just lost my lvl 60 HC char due to a disconnect - a trashmob killed me and there was nothing I could do about it. So I wanted to ask - do you know of someone being successful with request to revive their dead HC char? I know it's unlikely, but I wanted to ask anyway. If there's some server log I believe it wouldn't be any problem to tell if a death was caused by a lag or by something else, but I know blizz always says that they're not reviving under no circumstances. But still I wanted to ask - do you have a different experience?
  2. kcsd

kcsd IncGamers Member

Re: Do you know of someone having their dead HC chars revived(lag/disconnect/hack etc

They won't, and claim they cannot even if they wanted to after the new patch. There are so many ways out there to "create" lag if you wanted to. Someone could be in a hairy situation knowing they will die and lag themselves out to make the argument that it wasnt them. They way I have come to see it is, you might have died 2 minutes after that to a crappy champ or rare anyway, you never know. It has been said a thousand times, but "It's all part of the HC experience." Pisses me off but its true :p
  3. Cele

Cele IncGamers Member

Re: Do you know of someone having their dead HC chars revived(lag/disconnect/hack etc

Blizz should just bring back the D2 rule: disconnect=out of game immediately.

Sure this might be abused by some people. On the other hand, who cares about people cheating HC? I want to play HC because I like it. If others found a way to cheat death (Kungen?) it does not affect my experience at all. However the fact that discs or even time-outs on Blizz side ( WW out of sync?) does hurt my personal experience a lot. Since they don't care for HC all that much (it's about bragging? brawling kills you?!) I seriously don't get why they feel the need to put in a insta-deatj penalty for disconnects, often caused by their serves and not my ISP.

Let the fools that want to abuse disconnects do so, and let my experience my HC game as it is supposed to be!
  4. Haken

Haken IncGamers Member

I was doing more than fine, I doubt I would be killed just like that. I know people would abuse any help, but the way I see it, it's better when thousand players abuse it, but it doesn't ruin experience for the one hones player. I really don't care that much about others, I just wanted to have fun playing HC. If I got killed and it was my fault, I would have just created a new char and be more careful next time. However being killed by disconnect, it just makes me not want to play HC ever again. It's just a lottery that tells random people 'you just lost your char'. Seems I'm one of the winners and it really doesn't feel fun.