Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Do you consider this is insult?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Jun 1, 2005. | Replies: 24 | Views: 1186

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Do you consider this is insult?

I'm talking about the famouse rare item, which Anya gives you.

I now take it as an insult, since all you do with it, is to sell it back to her straight away. I mean, after saving her life, she gives you this crap (and it is specially made for you)? And most of time, you wont' even get 35k gold from the sale. Even random hell monsters tread your char better, at least they like to drop useless rare that can be sold 35k gold.
  2. Day

Day IncGamers Member

I have never got on anything decent - I did read once someone who got an ok(ish) Paladin shield.

I also always get a junk ring for the Caine and Flayer Jungle quest. Never had a keeper.

its not as bad as unwanted Xmas presents though - you don't have to look pleased or wear them and you can convert them stright to cash!
  3. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

Well, Anya does the best that her can do with her habilities, and the item really is made for the char (a shrunken head for the necro, a pally shield to the paladin, etc).

Now, selling the item back to her, THIS is a insult, I think ^-^!
  4. Muay Thai Warrior

Muay Thai Warrior IncGamers Member

The true "reward" is the portal to pindle.
  5. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Don't forget the fact that she gives javalins to a bowazon, and a bow to a spearazon.
  6. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

You don't expect her to make anything good after being frozen all those years do you?... :p
  7. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

I got a +1 necro skills voodoo head off her in Normal yesterday. Other stats weren't very usefull, but on an untwinked HC Necro it wasn't too bad.

Oh, Nacaa, get some REAL beer in your 'tar will you? Heineken, bleagh... :)
  8. DeathMaster

But she doesn't make them, she makes special order for you. And she thinks it is made for you, this is what I hate most - does she think the hero who saved her from freezing death is nothing but crap?

IMO, the rare ring you get from Ormus is less insult, at least, Ormus does say "this magic ring does me no good ...", well, guess what, it does me no good either. But, you have been warned at least.
  9. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I think, you're mistaken. Blizzard obviously forgot to record and add this line for anya. You can return me this weapon anytime you want and I'll give you all the gold in my piggybank.
  10. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

Working on that ;) I can't find any good Carlsberg pictures though. :drink:

She is so cold...
  11. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

It´s like any other rare. Unlikely to be good, but at least there is a chance for it.

My first 1.09 matriarch finished the game with her Hell Anya reward: Hailstone Song, a Heavenly Stone. I´ll post the stats later.
  12. tigercan

tigercan IncGamers Member

I must be one of the few who actually got something useful.

Can't remember the exact stats, but it was a pally shield with +1 skills, resist all varying from 20-40%, faster hit recovery and faster/increased blocking.

Would have used it all the way thru the game if I hadn't died to the FE bug in act 5 NM :(
  13. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It really is a shame...the Anya quest could have been one of the most exciting quests. Instead it's just money in the bank....I actually got a (somewhat) decent ring from Ormus...it had 5% life leech and some other semi-useful mods
  14. DeathMaster

Congrat for the ring! It is one of its kind. since I've never heard any good ring from Ormus.

The Anya quest is good for the 10% resist all, and the red portal if you are MFer. Only Anya's "thankyou" is the problem.

IMO, Anya's reward should have fixed mod like craft. eg. ED mod for weapon.
  15. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I don't know about that ... I tend to get walked all over by monsters :D

--T
  16. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

this became a standing joke for pebbles, my lightening javazon. she got 3 bows from anya:p
    i did get a 3 mana leech 3 life leech ring from ormus though. my barb is still using it.
    --
    i have sometimes thought it might be nice to have a choice of reward. they could offer you say a rune or unique item or rare item or socketed item etc and you simply choose the one youd like. would have to be a use it loose it kinda thing though, no going back again and again hoping to be offered something better!
  17. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Ah dang it Anya why did you give me another +2 assassin skills +3 lightning sentry rare claw again. [/sarcasm]

I have gotten a few decent items off of Nightmare Anya, some are worth wielding even in Hell. Though I think the ilvl set for the quest rewards is a bit low considering it was set for Bnet and having 5-8 people playing together.

Blizzard didn't expect to have people waiting until clvl 75 just to enter Hell, why do you think the ancients reward was so large prior to v1.10. having a lower ilvl less rare affixes are possible and the ones you really want rarely show up.

PS I have never gotten a decent item off of Hell anya then again I haven't gotten many items off Hell Anya yet :)
  18. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

lol why dont you blame the person making the stuff for?

hint: its not anya who make those rares;)

the poor girl is so misunderstood. just like lazarus ideas of how to win the fight against the monsters is not used
  19. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

right. last time I heard Anya, she had Larzuk make it for the hero. still, I bet she didn't pay him much for it. :D

would have been nice if she just gave you gold outright since you'll sell the item back to her anyway.

another Anya reward that falls way below expectations is the item customization reward. you spend a hell of a time dodging CE blasts from a crazed elder and you get this for a reward? :rolleyes:
  20. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Anya: Thank you for saving me, hero. Take this item - I had it specially made for you by Larzuk.

*5 minutes earlier*

Anya: Hey, Larzuk, I need something to give that hero quickly.

Larzuk: Sure, what did you have in mind?

Anya: I dunno, just throw something together that looks roughly in character. Y'know, like a stack of javelins.

Larzuk: (I'm pretty sure she only uses bows, but I have to live in the same town as Anya...)

---

Anyway, I don't personally recall getting anything decent out of the Anya quest, but the odds are rather against it. They can be quite useful if you're untwinked though - if only as a stopgap measure. :)