Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do many people still play?

Discussion in 'MP Forum' started by JayKTA, Feb 20, 2013. | Replies: 10 | Views: 11148

1. JayKTA

JayKTA IncGamers Member

Yesterday I had one of those cravings to play a game so I went up into the loft in search for D2, found it after about three hours of looking and I was disappointed to see that there's barely any people in the chat and not many games, has everyone moved to D3? Do many people still play D2? :(
  2. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

As for Battle.net, I have no idea. This forum is still pretty active, and we do have a small MP scene aswell - we are around 5-7 more or less regular HC MPers that gets together couple of times a week or so.
  3. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

4. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Then get on hamachi you slacker.
  5. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Man, I haven't been able to play in days! I feel so deprived.
  6. ZeroAffex

ZeroAffex IncGamers Member

I played Diablo 3 everyday from November to June. Diablo 3 is pitiful IMO. Also IMO the story is terrible, its not in depth, dark or memorable like Diablo 2. The game as a whole is dumbed down IMO. Its basically Diablo 2 for Idiots (refering to the book series, not actually for dumb people). IMO they made Diablo 3 not for Diablo fans but for WoW fans instead. The game is just how WoW games have been built over the years. Pay to Play, Simple, and high emphasis on multiplayer. You can solo, but they give such huge bonus's to playing MP now that you'd be foolish not to. The crafting is incredibly easy and that goes for the gameplay as well. None of the NPC's are memorable, they all look the same and their voices are all the same as well. Maps are tiny, monsters are super ez to kill and grant lots of experience. Diablo 3 forces players to be dependant on AH, the loot drops are so terrible that after 1000 hours of play time I never found 1 item worth more than 1-2 million gold on AH. Botters and Blizzard control the good items on AH and charge insane prices. NPC's don't pay more than 1-2K for godly gear and they sell the worst gear. Its only feasible to buy gear from in-game merchants in Normal Act1-2 after that its pointless IMHO.

The list can go on and on and on. Oh and on a final note there is no build diversity like Diablo 2. Its pretty simple like Wizards are either CMWW or Archon. Barbs are 99% all WW barbs. WD's have 1 effective build which is ZeroDog IMO. Its just sad for me personally. I love how many different builds there are in D2, I mean just on this website alone theres 1000's!! Its quite amazing IMO.

So yea. I am back to Diablo 2 and am so happy I came back. Between diabloincgamers and diablo 2 I have been in heaven these last few weeks! I played D2 casually back in 2004-5. Was a lot of fun. I had no idea what I was doing back then, never played MP games or sought out how to make builds. I also never understood the point of playing "Nightmare" mode after I beat the game. I just decided when I beat the game the first time to re-roll another character lol. Good times though! Its alot of fun to be back, getting great loot and awe-ing at the great features! Amazing that a 14 year old game is 10x more in depth than the new Diablo 3 IMHO.
    -ZeroAffex

EDIT: One of the coolest features I am infatuated with right now in Diablo2 in comparison to Diablo3 is Time-Traveling!! I just love the fact I can go back to earlier patches with diablo2 and experiement, maybe try out a known exploit or get a piece of gear that drops only in that patch, then if i want, can move my loot to a different character and patch them up to the latest patch with my goodies! I would love to do some Time-Traveling in D3, I never got to play the old Inferno mode before Monster Power was created. I talked to alot of pro's and they say it was harder to play than MP10 Inferno as of present, but the drops were much better then I heard also. Not to mention back in the day you could find legendaries/set items by breaking objects and MF also worked when you opened chest. They nerfed all that good stuff pretty early on and the way they set up D3 it will be impossible to go back and play on those patches. Anyways! Just wanted to throw this in here, its one of the coolest things I love about this old school game, being able to play in the past!
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  7. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Yes, some play. There's only a handful left in the world.
    There's also a mp group starting soon. You could head over to the trade forums and do a trade profile detailing what patches/FAM/etc you use and such if you'd like to join.
    You should update your thread. I want to play soonish. Only thing, occasionally there are 2 people streaming in the house and I get bad ping (500+ with 2 streamers, ~150 with 1 streamer) ((talking about netflix/youtubing)).
  8. Andyhasit

Andyhasit IncGamers Member

Im occasionally playing classic softcore patch 1.06b, I would like to find some company to play with through tcp/ip.
  9. coju

coju IncGamers Member

10. Andyhasit

Andyhasit IncGamers Member

I think hc would be too tough for this kind of gaming and no fun in having to start a new char always.
    Anybody here playing 1.06b softcore?
  11. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

Its been a while since you posted, but i wouldn't mind 1.06 SC Something different would be fun.