Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do Frenzy barbs work?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Mrbeez, Apr 26, 2004. | Replies: 17 | Views: 1955

1. Mrbeez

Mrbeez IncGamers Member

Do Frenzy barbs work?

Interested in knowing before i go ahead and making one. I was planning on using a Doom and an eterity :p. 33%slow and holy freeze should be quite interesting on a frenzy barb. Lemme know if they work anymore or if im just wasting my time thx
  2. SwordOfJusticeX

SwordOfJusticeX IncGamers Member

firstly, slow and holy freeze from doom is considered rather bm in duels so be prepare for obscenities to be coming ur way if u use them together o_O

also, as the saying goes, shieldless barb = dead barb. a frenzy barb has almost no chance against any good melee char, although i suppose u could do well against casters *if* u charge up first :scratch:

overall, i would say u should probably make another build but heh a frenzy barb could be fun for a change :uhhuh:

-sword
  3. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

My double throw barb used frenzy a lot it shredded casters and did decent against some melees but with doom I think you could do ok but like a charger or wwer would just massacure you

PS My cat just scared off a dog 6 times his size funniest thing I have ever seen!
  4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't see how frenzy could work well in pvp

even against casters, the frenzy barb previously had the strength that it could run super quick but what good is that now when any character can teleport away faster?

I haven't done any pvp with frenzy since .09 and back then I had some success against lazy sorcs when I caught them by surprise but that was it.
  5. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

well all you have to do is hold a click they have to tele around and after 1 hit you'll run to fast for them to be able to attack you but I was a thrower hybrid so maybe you should try that? DT can reach 6 frames at 25% ias 5.5 at 40 and 5 frames at 80 if you get a IAS helm or armor you can probably get to 100 or 170
  6. Mrbeez

Mrbeez IncGamers Member

Thx dont know if im going to make it now... if you guys had 2 recemend another kind of char for Pub dueling (nething goes) so i can trash talk to newbs who think there something. Dont care how cheap i am :p. I was thinking about using clegs gloves/noscoil and the bow that give 5 to guided arrow LOL! just 2 slow em b4 i move in for the kill.
  7. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

Widow maker is ladder only and there is a cap on slow now so..
  8. Mrbeez

Mrbeez IncGamers Member

i am ladder first of all and it does not matter slow still effects allot
  9. LLD-Vampire

LLD-Vampire Banned

so get widow maker and make a bowasorc enchantress it's 1/3 damage but still kicks ***
  10. thee_captor

thee_captor IncGamers Member

Slow in LLD is very very *** and more and more people are using it but as for high lvls im not sure how it go's. Cept back in 09 a slow KB zon was *** cause their is no use in dueling unless u have tely, but they got nerfed so im not sure. As for the "saying" go's i think it is no shield=no win. I didnt know holy freeze was considered BM even tho its ***.

One more thing Mrbeez u say your doing this to beat noobs so u can trash talk to them but if u do u are just as bad as they are.

I think every1 should Melee duel! haha that would be something eh? no running away and spamming projectiles. Just 1 on 1 dueling. But then again thats just MHO and i am also on 56k haha.
  11. bloembak

bloembak IncGamers Member

1) I don't want to hear or read "newb-calling" on the forums anymore. Because it leads to replies that push a subject further and further. Clear?

thee_captor, I know exactly what those *** mean, and I don't want to see them, clear?.. You officially made the first post after the spring cleaning that I dislike, watch your mouth and your fingers.

Carry on.
  12. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

newbie is not an offensive word. a lot of people take it as a horrible insult i dunno why. and sometimes people actually use the word newb to refer to people who are new to the game but it seems like a cussword on this forum. how should we refer to inexperienced players then? rookies?
  13. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

I usually refer to them as "newer players".
  14. bloembak

bloembak IncGamers Member

Calling someone who is new a newbie in a normal, non-offensive manner, or calling yourself a newbie is fine with me. But I don't want to read:

"so i can trash talk to newbs who think there something" or any replies to such comments. IF you "think" you're superior I don't care, but don't act arrogant and post in such ways.

Make sense? If you want you can PM me to discuss that, but it's not gonna happen here in this thread ;)

carry on on-topic ;)
  15. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

frenzy barbs are great but i think frenzy/ww hybrid works better. frenzy is good for bm duels and ffa. cuz you need to charge it up first if you wanna catch people. if you have good gear (i suggest using botd/beast zerkers) you can chop up even ww barbs pretty fast. and when you are running fast you can easily chop tele chars in the face by just name locking them. super fast run speed + ww is a good way of catching people too. i haven't seen a really well equiped frenzy barb though.
  16. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

I had a very nice barb that used frenzy in early 1.10... frenzy was not his main skill, but rather a way to gain speed... the speed can be FASTER than tele for most characters... you can go faster than 9-10 fps tele... my build was a hybrid frenzy/zerk/throw... here it is:

stats
    str: none to 20 (depending on small equip differences)
    dex: enough for max block w/ stormshield (222 @ lvl 99)
    vit: everything else
    energy: none

skills:
    20 Berserk
    20 Axe Mastery (sword mastery would work if you don't want to use Doom)
    20 Throwing Mastery
    20 Battle Orders
    1 Double Throw
    1 Frenzy
    1 Increased Speed
    1 Natural Res
    the rest to Shout (berserk synergy) -- 18 @ lvl 99

items:
    Helm: Arreat's Face (40/10 min jewel)
    Amulet: +2 Barb, 10% r/w, 4% LL, 20 Dex, Reses Craft
    WeaponA1*: Ethereal BoTD Berserker Axe
    WeaponA2*: Doom Berserker Axe (good mannered alternative: Beast Berserker Axe -> possibly Famine... I prefer the Beast though)
    WeaponB1*: Cruel Winged Harpoon of Quickness
    WeaponB2*: Ethereal Lacerator (good mannered alternative: Demon Arch)
    Armor: Enigma Dusk Shroud (breast plate works fine... life > def)
    Gloves: 20ias/6 LL/10% Crushing Blow/15 Dex/30 Light Res Craft
    Ring1: Ravenfrost
    Ring2: Ravenfrost (good mannered alternative: str/dex/reses rare ring)
    Belt: Verdungo's
    Boots: Rare boots with 30 r/w, 18 str, 12 dex, 40 fire res, 29 light res
    Shield (vs. some characters): 40% ED/-Reqs Stormshield
    Charms: 1 Annihilus Charm, 20x 3max/5rw sc's, 19x 3max/20 life sc's (just get as close to these as u can if it's on ladder... just make sure u have enough r/w)

*A weapons = weapon switch 1
    *B weapons = weapon switch 2
  17. Joe_smith

Joe_smith Banned

hmm interesting how did berzerk work with frenzy? easy to hit people with?
  18. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

if u mean the axes, zerkers are range 3, so thats good...

if u mean the skill zerk, i would use frenzy to raise r/w and attack speed and then zerk with the botd and then use zerk... hits well because i had over 22k AR with it... this build works especially well vs casters... throwing works good vs sorcs, bone armor doesnt screw up the zerk damage vs necros, cyclone armor doesnt affect zerk/frenzy damage vs druids...