Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Do crafted items still have set mods?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Blackstream, Mar 29, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 517

1. Blackstream

Blackstream IncGamers Member

Do crafted items still have set mods?

Reading a little bit back and seeing older youtubes, gear seemed to have guaranteed mods like +5-7% MF, then some set mods.

Now when I'm browsing newer vids or checking out the main site game guide, it seems all the recipies just have +x random magic mods. Did they remove the feature of being able to somewhat specify what you wanted? I'm hoping maybe there's recipies that could drop like magic items that might have the mods, or something.
  2. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Re: Do crafted items still have set mods?

At the moment, no recipes available in the beta has fixed mods, other than the ones that come with an item type, like the 10% IAS on quivers.
  3. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

I don't think that's right... there are a small amount of crafts that have a static stat. In the end-game though, there appears to be almost none.

4. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Nope, just checked. A maxed out Blacksmith only has off-hand recipes with fixed stats, but that's because those items have fixed stats anyway.
  5. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Could've sworn I've seen MF gloves(?) and run speed boots.... maybe they were removed.

6. Blackstream

The MF apprentice leather gloves where something I specifically saw in an older video that I'm not seeing now. Apparently this isn't widely lone, so it almost seems like an odd stealth change blizzard made.

As a sidenote, I'm hoping that this is to make way for mob droppable crafted recipies with one (or maybe even two) set affixs (with ranges), and that many less random magic affixes. Although it's potentially dangerous too cause if someone gets the magical +ias +damage grand exalted recipie, they basically get to make all the money.

7. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

They used to have one set mod... I preferred that myself :/ Distinguishes crafted gear from drops, and less wasted mats rerolling (and rerolling and rerolling).
  8. Blackstream

I found a datamining site which, while it seemed a bit out of date, suggests a huge number of blacksmith plans that can be found which, while they require way more mats, do allow for mods like before. Also crazy stuff like crafting set pieces. Assuming you can't just upgrade your smith to have these (and it seems like a fairly safe assumption), I expect I'll be devoting quite a bit of time to collecting these, especially since I found out that the smith is account wide.

EDIT:
    You know, assuming that the site isn't completely outdated and none of that stuff exists anymore, which would make me kind of sad.