Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Did I come back for this? What has pvp become

Discussion in 'PvP' started by theredpredator, Mar 3, 2012. | Replies: 7 | Views: 3391

1. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

Did I come back for this? What has pvp become

I know its pubbies and pubbies host room for all the juvenile german kids hitting their keyboard with EZ, EZPK, CRY, LEAVE etc. These kids are however the least of my worries.

There are 4 kind of duellers so far:

1. The ones having a blast, not being a jackass untill you are being a jackass to them.

2. The ones that gang up every duel game and nk the living **** out of you.

3. The hacking kind. farcast, bp hack (?) blizzhack etc.

4. Then a new kind arose. I have once seen a summoning druid duel by just standing in town with some auras. I just met a bigger douche bag today. It was a javazon, and he had 3 mules of his in game all partied up and giving him bonusses:

Druid: Oak, merc with might and concentration.
    Assassin with bramble armor on and a1 merc with fanatism aura
    Barb with maxed bo bossting him

It just frustrates me.. I cant get the satisfaction ut of duelling anymore that i did before.

Anyone else duelling here? This site of the forum seems pretty dead. Maybe im just late to recognize
  2. skullvomit

skullvomit IncGamers Member

Re: Did I come back for this? What has pvp become

I've found out that only viable build is paladin. FCers are just a plague on EuNL. They cannot harm me but auto tp saves them every time... Come GW2 come.

Edit: pm me if you want to hone the tactics etc. If you're on NL that is.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  3. Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou IncGamers Member

Sorry fella, its the nature of pvp nowadays. There are a lot of no lifes who log onto a game just to make people cry, then say it's just a game. They're the worst type of people because they just out there to intentionally piss people off,but there are good duelers out there. I've found that by not complaining so much, you'll actually find modders to kill the modders who ruin a good mannered game. That said, I only duel when I play d2 nowdays and find plenty of legit players, albiet most of them are ww barbs and smiters. xD
  4. Sonolegolas

Sonolegolas IncGamers Member

That's just how it is like Fluffyknowsyou said.

Here is how to counter them.

1. No counter needed
    2+3. Ignore them or bring your own gang. Or if you feel like fighting them, a defensive blizzard sorceress sometimes kills them. Its harder to nullify frost damage for everyone but the paladin. A 200fcr fire sorc might kill them once but not twice. A desyncing hammerdin can kill them too.
    4. Vs Farcast: absorb. Vs TMC (bp hack): be extra defensive(might not always work). Summon druid: ignore. Go to Blood Moor through Cold Plains wp. Ignore or play defensive against the javazon with friends.
  5. Solar Ice

Solar Ice IncGamers Member

Unfortunatley, most (all?) PvP Public games that I have been to are runied by the type of people that Fluffy described (ones that intentionally try to ruin everyone's fun). It seems that it is only a matter of time before these vile individuals join -they are the worst kind, by far- and when that happens, you might as well leave the game.

Having said that, there are loads of very skilled and GM'd duellers out there, but of course it seems that one is unable to play for too long vs these people, before the aforementioned problems arise.

Private games are one solution, but the (only) advatantage of public games is that you can test your skills against a variety of builds and players, (for as long you can anyway)

Im on EuSCL.
  6. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

You should realise, that diablo is a low skill, luck (and time) based game. Most duels rely on items, or one class simply killing another most of the time and on the items (you need to invest time/money to get "good" items).
    Then, when both chars are from a "balanced' class vs class combo, the results are random and quite unpredictable.
    I have a Bear Amazon. She has 61% chance to dodge, 75% chance to block, medium level (93), decent defense - (and I often get a barb to shout her) - and the resutls are... pure luck. Once a WW barb was WWing her for 3 minutes. And always missed/she dodged/blocked.
    Once she died to some super lucky IK barb.
    You should understand that in general this game is not about skill at all, it is about the BM, about the CRY, NAP, etc.

If you want to play a game that depends on skill, try StarCraft Brood War.

you have met my 1st duel char? I was using my NLD druid some time ago for the laughs :)

Ive seen this 4 years ago.

7. Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou IncGamers Member

That's completely untrue, it takes practice to play many builds in diablo for pvp. If you want someone who isn't about chance, then play a character with no dodge. This being said, that's a gross over simplification.
  8. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I don't see how someone who actually PVPs seriously can possibly say PVP is mostly about gear and luck. Are you talking about melee duels? If so, making blanket statements based upon your experience with a niche dueling scene is inadvisable.

For example, a very good BVC player I know managed to get halfway up an all-classes ladder with a 5.8k life BvC while dueling characters worth a hundred times as much as his. My cheap vita nec routinely kills people who brag about how good their gear is but don't know how to duel.