Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo noob needs help

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by xxoutshinedxx, Sep 16, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1559

1. xxoutshinedxx

xxoutshinedxx IncGamers Member

I never played the previous games and just started playing Didablo 3 on PS3 a few days ago. I'm playing on normal and medium difficulty as a barbarian. I breezed through Act I but I'm getting killed basically every time come in contact with a group of enemies now. By watching a couple of videos I'm thinking maybe my resistance is the problem. I see resistance numbers in the hundreds. My resistance number to cold, fire everything else is TWO. ..not two hundred.....2. Is this normal. I'm really just guessing this is the reason I'm dying so often I don't really know, but if it is how do you build your resistance up?
  2. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

What level are you?

Typically resistance come from armour and shields. There are also some passives that can help.
  3. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

If you are in Act 2 normal, resistances should not be a problem. I have not played the console so maybe resistances become more important for you earlier in the game.

On the PC I am in ACT 3 nightmare (Hardcore and just leveling a monk) and my resistance are single digits. I don't worry about this until much later in the game. Of course the console might be different.

Other stats to check is armor, and damage and compare them other folks at a similar place in the game. It might be time for a good old fashioned "GEAR CHECK" and see how you stack up.
  4. Malaterre

Malaterre IncGamers Member

Perhaps you should get rid of the medium difficulty setting. It perhaps requires better overall loot to succeed in this mode.
  5. Pitboss_2000

Pitboss_2000 IncGamers Member

'Medium' should not be a problem for your first character (at least, it wasn't for me), as long as you have some OK equipment (by this time you should be using just magic ietms (blue) and rare(yellow), no more plain white stuff) and you use your skills regularly. Which type of enemies are giving you a hard time? Are they perhaps the giant-wasps-that-shoot-more-wasps?
  6. Lestat

Lestat IncGamers Member

Since we don't know anything about your character I would maybe try using a shield.

My best guess is maybe you haven't been upgrading your equipment correctly. I would definitely start working on getting some resistance though.