Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo III, I am disappoint (again)...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Jason Maher, Mar 19, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 831

1. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Finally got around to installing D3 on the new machine, as I've decided to give it another go. All butterflies and roses until I try and enter a non-essential dungeon (the goatman one) in act 1 normal, and et voila, game crash. Now I'm getting a crash every time I try and start playing. The character selection gets to the 5th red diamond, then CRASH. Anyone experienced anything similar?

Bizarrely, I had the same issue yesterday with a completely unrelated game installation (Football Manager 2010). Crashed during the new game setup process. I wonder if the two are somehow related?

And yes, yes, I know "Google is my friend". Shut up. I wish to whine. :badteeth:
  2. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

What does the game do? Does it just hang (freeze), but you can Ctl-Alt-Del out and close the process? It's a pretty common problem if that's it. There is a fix I found today in a thread on the official forums, it hasn't happened to me again (yet).

If you go into your documents/diablo3 click on D3Prefs, and look for DisableTrilinearFiltering, change the '0' to a '1'.

If you're not getting into the game at all, then I have no idea.
  3. Jason Maher

No, the program crashes completely. Just happened again as I was entering Act 2.
  4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I've had a couple of random freezes where I've have to restart the computer, but they have all been in Act 1 in town while trying to talk to someone.
  5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

New machine, new drivers?

I had a horrid time with a game, changed a shed load of hardware but it cleared up when I rolled back to old graphics drivers. Nvidia control panel also has stuff like trilinear filtering. Check it's application controlled not NVidia controlled if you have one of those cards.
  6. Jason Maher

Yes, it is a new machine. Updated all my drivers via websites from the ones that came on discs. Appears to have fixed the problem (fingers crossed).