Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo III: Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by blackbisket, Apr 16, 2012. | Replies: 45 | Views: 2819

1. blackbisket

blackbisket IncGamers Member

Diablo III: Collector's Edition

Well ive been very busy this last year and just got a new PC and read the CE dye dont have a faint glow as I heard they would from interviews from the con last year, since I really only though that would be cool and dont care about the other items in the CE. Is their ever a reason to pay to get the CE?
  2. skysbob

skysbob IncGamers Member

If you are interested in the rest of the items, like I am, yes there are plenty of reasons!

Why did you create this thread, though? Are you looking for someone trying to convince you?

If you are not into the additional items than you are not interested. Simply as that.

For me it is a no-brainer to get the CE. If you think it's not worth it, that is perfectly fine!
  3. blackbisket

Re: Diablo III: Collector's Edition

Yea the dye was really all I cared for and I made the post to see if maybe I was missing something a blue post said since the last con were the items where shown (meaning if anything really changed).
  4. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

I don't think they would ever have said that the CE dyes had a faint glow - maybe you're just thinking of the flavour text.

Or perhaps you're confusing it with the glowing angel wings?
  5. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

If you don't care about any of the items in the CE, then there is no reason to pay to get the CE. Unless you hate money. But even in that case, you can make better use of it, such as donating to help blind, orphaned puppies or something.

6. blackbisket

No a saw an interview from last year saying the cloud one put a faint light on the ground the the smoke had a dark smoldering effect. Maybe it was planned at the time and is didnt work out or something. Iy was a diablofans interview with one of the art guyx I think.
  7. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

kinda shocked the only reason you got ce was for extra dye, seems like paying 40 bucks just to be colored different is a lot but to each their own. being said i would suggest going with the regular version of the game as you have no use for the CE. i would also suggest buying both the ce and regular versions at this point since you already have the CE on pre-order. selling it will cover the cost of your copy
  8. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Maybe it was just some guys speculating or something....I'm pretty sure more people would have heard if the dyes actually WERE originally intended to add a glow effect.

9. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Obviously Blizzard had some misleading bull**** marketing when it comes to the CE dyes.
    The majority of people who even gave a **** about the dyes, thought they were indeed glowing or had some sort of particle effect.

Personally, I think the dyes are just a bit less worthless than the SC2 avatars and the WoW pet.
    I'm in it for the skull. That alone is worth 40$ for me.
  10. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

I'm a little funny in the sense that I don't think I'll really be using the dyes or the angel wings....but I'd like to know that I *could* :p.

I want to know that I have ALL the in-game options open to me, even if I don't actually use all of them. >_>

And who knows - although I won't be using my angel wings on my first playthrough, I may pop them on now and again at a later date :p.
  11. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

I don't know where people got this impression. I always thought the dies were exactly what they were. I never even heard the notion that people thought different until all the hullabaloo after a blue said there was no particle effects.

12. ADest

ADest IncGamers Member

The confusion probably comes from the pic of the back of the CE box. It shows characters with THE WINGS glowing. I think some people see the wings glowing and think the dyes will glow as well, or think the wings themself are a dye. I'm not 100% sure how exactly the wings work, either. I vaguely seem to recall Bash or someone explaining them, but it wasn't a very good explanation.
  13. Naviaras

Naviaras IncGamers Member

The Wings are a non-equitable item, sorta like a charm, that is carried in the characters inventory. You also don't lose them if you die in HC.
  14. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Personally, I assumed the flavor text for them meant there was something special besides exclusivity.

"...infusing the area with a soft glow."
    "...creeping shadows spill forth."

To me, they suggest action/movement in my eyes. Even when the blue post put in the contrasting flavor text for some blue dye, it seemed less... active. Some excerpts for other dyes include:

"Dark gray is the preferred shade of those who do not wish to be seen, especially at night."
    "...in order to blend in and avoid detection by pirates."
    "...as though it were drinking in the very light that touches it."

Unlike the CE counterparts, these don't depict action. Infusing and creeping are verbs, so they seem to describe something in action. In comparison, camouflage is a noun and "as though it were" is really just a form of eloquent adjective meaning "it's not doing this."

Obviously, I was misled, either by Bliz or by myself. And while it admittedly makes me regret pre-ordering the CE a little, I'm not about to rage cancel. This is the one game I've been most excited about these last 3.x years, the most excited I've been about a game since D2. I love Diablo. And as a massive fan, this is the first CE I've ever gone for... and will probably be the last. I've invested way too much time in this franchise, so I may as well invest too much money as well.

15. Kraktos

Kraktos IncGamers Member

I really doubt you will be able to get a CE now, I`ve been trying, it's sold out everywhere. I had to settle for the normal version
  16. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

this pretty much sums up my thinking. the skull is the only reason i got the CE, everything else is just a bonus. the only good thing i see about the dye is they are unlimited use but now that you can trade the dyed item they will be all over the place. because of the fact that i only wanted the skull i am letting my wife install the ce to her account since she still plays wow and wants the pet. she gets the pet and wings for d3 while i get the best part of the CE

17. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Just to be clear: Trade, yes. Auction, no. Once any item gets sold in the AH, it reverts back to it's original color(s). Any dyes previously applied are erased.

18. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

I feel for you, bro.
    I never buy CEs, but with D3 I just had to (especially because of the skull, as I already mentioned). On top of that, it seems like this time it's really limited - unlike other CEs.
    So glad I ordered back in December.

19. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

There's many cooler items in the CE than some glowy/maybe not glowy dyes. The skull thumbdrive is baller. The story/art books, dvd w/e, in-game pets, and buncha other stuff is too awesome to miss. I don;t normally purchase CEs for games, but, for Diablo, I had to.
  20. SirAdis

SirAdis IncGamers Member

QFT, the skull itself is worth the money, and all the other stuff is just a bonus.