Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Xbox 360 first look and gameplay demo with Josh Mosquiera

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hound, Jun 21, 2013. | Replies: 25 | Views: 2762

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

We've seen and read a lot about the PS3 version of Diablo 3 these past few days but little on the Xbox 360 version. A new <a href="http://www.oxm.co.uk/56789/previews/diablo-3-xbox-360-first-look-blizzards-colossus-finally-comes-to-console/" target="_blank">preview</a> of the 360 version is now up on OXM and it sounds like they struggled a bit with skill control when compared to the PC version.

There's also some footage courtesy of Gamesradar of the game on the 360 which includes commentary from Josh Mosquiera who is giving the demo. Josh talks about how the game feels and also covers the Nephalim globes that drop from enemies among other things.

<object width="640" height="360" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNU3S5sC4aM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><embed width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNU3S5sC4aM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" /></object>
  2. Coombs

Coombs IncGamers Member

Two handed weapons are definitely a staple of the barbarian. This is our new game director...
  3. jazzmanivan

jazzmanivan IncGamers Member

God.. a year later I\'m still so god-damned ticked off. I\'ve never gotten so emotional over a game before.. but that\'s only because I truly LOVED the Diablo franchise and Blizzard as a whole.

Diablo 3 was like getting back together with my high school sweetheart, but only after she slept with 10 guys in the back of my car.

I\'m going to go outside and smoke a cigarette.. this company is killing me, literally.
  4. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

Barb moves really, really slow in the video

4:21 - a 2 handed weapon is dual wielding ?
  5. FacelessOne

FacelessOne Guest

I\'m really waiting for some good H&S RPG... maybe something will come out on kickstarter, this is the only hope...
  6. FlyBoyG

FlyBoyG IncGamers Member

Wow, it really looks like they didn’t half-ass this. Ok, let me rephrase that. It looks good. It looks like they had some great ideas, and the console version seems better off for it.
  7. Windblade

Windblade IncGamers Member

why the hell(pun intended) they do not give us pc gamers those gui updates?
    -_-
  8. Faramis

Faramis Guest

This is simply abomination.
  9. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Because the primary reason for the UI changes were the split-screen coop. It actually reduces the visibility of some important things you want to see during combat (your health, resource(s) and skill cooldowns), because they are moved more to your periferal vision. I hope if they implement the console UI on the PC (not likely), then it will be an option only.
  10. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

The item pickup queue is a really nice feature for consoles and especially for split-screen play, where opening multiple inventories would be problematic (is it even possible?).

The only console feature I\'d like to see implemented on the PC is the dodge roll, especially if they would remove the Dodge stat from Dexterity (it should be with another defensive stat of course). This features makes the combat more player skill based, which I really like. My only concern is that it would devalue the DH\'s Vault somewhat, but since you can cover much more distance with it than with the dodge, it would still remain valuable, especially against fast enemies.

I\'m still not quite sure though how targeted AoE skills work exactly. It seems like you can target specific enemies with them with one of the analog sticks, but how does that targeting work exactly? If I have a huge mob on my screen and pull the stick towards them which enemy will become my target? One in the middle of the pack or one on the edge? This system is problematic with skills like Blizzard, in which case its highly beneficial to lead moving targets with the skill to maximize the slow effect.

Also, how can I target my Leap when there aren\'t enemies around? Does it always cover the maximum distance possible and I just give it a direction?
  11. Mrak

Mrak IncGamers Member

Well, they are improving the game as I see. Now you only need to look the nice little green arrows and your item check is over. Nephalem Glory, Evade moves, ... Oh yeah!

I truly hope that they will keep this \"improvements\" only for the console version and that they finally start to improve/patch seriously the PC version.

I was quite satisfied with the last couple of Dev Blogs, a little bit less with the annuncement of the new Game Director. Now I am starting to have a bad feeling about the whole situation (not as bad as during the beta, but it is not that far).

I admit that the Evade moves \"could\" have a sense in the PC version, but in Diablo already have evade skills which exist for that purpose.
  12. Gravox

Gravox IncGamers Member

Gosh... way to complain.

They can make a mint in console sales.. and if they do make a lot of bucks there then they will put a tonne of cash back into D3 including the expansion.

This is great.

The end.
  13. irrelevant

irrelevant Guest

I could not comprehend fans complaining about D3 being too bright and colorful. D2 desert anyone?

But this? The actionbar/Furymeter/Healthmeter look like they are designed to please a 10yo. The loading screen and the ingame UI do not fit together in the slightest. Oh dear...

Maybe it\'s just me. But I fear it is Bli$$tard.
  14. Llama8

Llama8 IncGamers Member

\"The actionbar/Furymeter/Healthmeter look like they are designed to please a 10yo\"?? The Furymeter\'s the same as we have & the action bar\'s just not got a background behind it, quite how that is \"designed\" for a 10 year old I don\'t know. Health bar\'s also aren\'t particularly unreasonable either, especially if you want to fit 4 of them on-screen & not take up loads of space.
  15. Goury

Goury IncGamers Member

Dropped on evademove
    **** that loser
  16. Yawyk

Yawyk Guest

Grim Dawn...
  17. Gargos

Gargos Guest

Ok, now I understand WHY the game updates are SO SO SO SLOW on PC, they don\'t care at the time...

Everyday more hate, less hope.
  18. nobbie

nobbie IncGamers Member

Sorry, I don\'t quite understand what\'s wrong with that statement. The barbarian is so superior in terms of ressource regen and defense, that going 2H seems almost natural.
  19. Coombs

Coombs IncGamers Member

He\'s delusional to think that a two handed build currently works. Two handed builds should be important, but they aren\'t currently functional in comparison.
  20. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

Yeah, but have they fixed skill balance at all? Is there any purpose or workable mechanic to Impale yet? Do WDs have more feasible choices to zombie charger than bears? Etc...

Or are we just gonna see more spin to win barbs and permafreeze wizards? Adding Gruesome Feast to every class isn\'t an improvement if the skills haven\'t changed.