Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Diablo 3 Windows Theme Pack

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by sblister, Jan 8, 2009. | Replies: 11 | Views: 35991

1. sblister

sblister IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 Windows Theme Pack

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey all,

I just completed making a diablo 3 theme pack. There's some pictures above. Unfortunately, it's not quite ready and the bugs that I've found (about 3 of them) - I can't fix. So I'm hoping some creative people out there who are good at this kind of thing can take a look at it and fix them or tell me how to fix those bugs and then we can all enjoy this theme pack together.

Also, any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Know bugs:
    1. Missing all program background as seen in second pic.
    2. Some issue with the lower half of the shutdown menu if you have unupdated windows updates in need of updating. the lower part just melts kinda.
    3. if you use notepad, this irritating orange thing keeps blocking the stuff you wanna highlight and i really don't know how to fix this one.

special thanks to holyknight3000, I used some of your runes to make this theme pack. hope you don't mind.
    ps - the dock in the first picture isn't included in the pack. you can download that at http://www.rocketdock.com. Just look for a dock by typing diablo 3 in the search field.

FILE LINK: http://www.freedrive.com/file/634251
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  2. sirBeReN

sirBeReN IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 Windows Theme Pack

Looks very nice, but how does this work? How do I set this theme?
  3. sblister

Oops. Forgot the installation instructions. My bad.
    Well, first off you need to install a program call windowblinds by stardock. Once you got windowblinds installed, you open it up. there should an option staring at you called add visual styles. what you do next is click that option, then click "i want to add visual style from my computer" and finally select the the winrar file you just downloaded. that would add that style to your windowsblind and then all you do is click "apply this visual style" and you should have this skin installed. mind you, there are a few glitches here and there, so it might be a little irritating. hopefully, it will be sorted out soon...
  4. Grug

Grug IncGamers Member

Looks amazing! I'll get it as soon as it's fixed.
  5. sirBeReN

oh, I thought this was standalone. Pity, because I have uninstalled windowblinds and don't want to install it again. Anyway, maybe in the near future.
    Is there a way to have only the dock appear Diablish??
  6. sblister

I'm using rocketdock and that's where I found this diablo 3 dock. you go to their website www.rocketdock.com. they'll ask what you wanna search for. just type diablo 3 and there'll be a dock background which is the one i'm using. just download it and it's ready for use. not sure if it works with other dock programs besides rocketdock.
  7. sirBeReN

Oh thank you. I had gone there but hadn't fount the "search" button. It is a bit hard to find it.
  8. VioletJoker

VioletJoker IncGamers Member

I installed too this cute application and made quick an Diablo III related skin and clock for RocketDock:

[​IMG]

Download:Skin and Clock.

It's pretty similar with the one posted before but have some modifications i made to fit better with my desktop.

VioletJoker
  9. Morakh

Morakh IncGamers Member

Hi!

Very cool theme, but unfortunately I can't install it with Windowblinds. The program says: "There appears to be no .uis file in this skin. Are you sure it is a WindowBlinds skin?" I don't know what can I do with this, can anyone help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm not from England/America and I never learned this language.

Morakh
  10. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

That is absolutely awesome. I hope you are able to fix the stuff, please give us a heads-up when you do.
    I have slowly been skinning everything I possibly could with D3 paraphernalia. :D
    Hopefully this will make it to the front page.
  11. tametopea

tametopea IncGamers Member

dont work.. i select wba file but "missing skin data there appears to be no .uis files in this skin are you sure a windows blind skin" windows is before me.. .
  12. seanith

seanith IncGamers Member

Hey neat theme you've got going there.
    But why not just use the Windows 7, "Save Theme" Feature?
    I for one will not download an app to just load a theme, its another thing in the registry and who knows if there is adware with them?

Here is a link that may clarify setting up themes in Windows 7.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/196851/create_your_own_windows_7_desktop_theme.html

If you've seen this link or know this already my apologies.