Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Diablo 3 on Playstation 3 / Playstation 4 Confirmed

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Capt Goodman, Feb 21, 2013. | Replies: 78 | Views: 8579

1. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman IncGamers Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Re: D3 on PS3/PS4 Confirmed

Called it years ago. Feel vindicated.
  3. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman IncGamers Member

I figured it was inevitable, just wasn't sure which console. The way the game is designed was wayyy too obviously console-friendly.
  4. Token

Token IncGamers Member

All those people that said D3 sucks because of consoles..... probably feel pretty good right now.
  5. SteveG

SteveG IncGamers Member

Well, I, like many other people, called it. Didn't take much other than one look at the skill UI and the fact that multiplayer games are limited to four people. Do I feel good? Not at all. This just tells me that D3 will never get the depth it needs. The Diablo franchise is officially dead.
  6. MathewPoland

MathewPoland IncGamers Member

For a second I was hoping for a Titan or SC:Ghost announcement, but suddenly Diablo 3. Meh.

On the other hand I feel that it's great news for Diablo franchise. Why? Well - there are two options:

a) If they just port the PC version, the console Diablo 3 will be a major flop when it comes to sales. Maybe then Blizzard will finally recognize that they need to step their game up and fix the damn game mostly in terms of customization, replayablity and itemization.

b) If they're planning on doing a major overhaul of Diablo 3 for the consoles, maybe we'll finally get some of the most burning D3 issues fixed.

To be honest, I think that they will just port the PC version and maybe change it a bit. The game will be a major flop. End of story.
  7. Bad Ash

Bad Ash IncGamers Site Pal

SAAAAAME. Ugh. Why do I let them ALWAYS get my hopes up. I probably woulda been happy with any other game than D3 being announced lol (even though we knew it was going to consoles), even an expansion talk woulda been amazing.

I hope more comes out of it with an exclusive partnership
  8. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Wait, called it? Blizzard all but flat out said the game will be coming to consoles long before game release.

Now, this will be interesting from three perspectives:
    1. How much will the UI change? (Possible vindication for "D3 UI sucks because consoles" crowd.)
    2. Will Blizzard pick up the pace on patching the game?
    3. Will the two gaming populations (PS3 and PC) be connected?
  9. Muadib

Muadib IncGamers Member

You are absolutely insane if you think D3 will flop on consoles, rofl... And yea, Diablo franchise if officialy dead for anyone looking for any depth in a game he plays. Pretty sad day, to be honest.
  10. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

I thought this was common knowledge that they had a console version in the works.
  11. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Yeah, Not much to call :D
    Your 2. point will be interesting to see. Blizzard has more of a financial reason now to improve Diablo 3.

Of course, they also had this financial reason yesterday or 5 months ago - that didnt change just because it suddently got "officially official". And so far it hasn't resulted in any earth-shattering improvements, so we probably shouldn't hold our breath :/

There is some "chance" that they would hold back larger patches to coincide with the console release though. Which is awful in terms of caring about their customers of course...
  12. SuggestiveName

Listening to the Gametrailers interview with Metzen and John Heinecke (I think):

- Implemented an "evade" key.
    - 4 player on same screen multiplayer with dynamic camera zoom out. (Local or online.)
    - Content will be 1.0.7 or higher.
    - Totally re-designed UI.
    - Hinted that other consoles would be announced later on.
    - Playable at PAX East in a month.
    - Didn't say for sure but it certainly sounded like PSN only, no interaction with bnet.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  13. Elly

Elly Administrator

It was when they revealed the changed skill interface. I said it on the podcast at the time, that that interface was a console interface.

I have a PS3 but I'd never play it on that.
  14. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

... And the entire LOLCONSOLEUI crowd crashes and burns. Sorry, you don't get to blame consoles for this, let's stick to blaming Blizzard's own incompetence.

1.0.7 or higher worries me, though. Really, really think that Blizzard should implement at least one major end game systemic fix or feature like items or fleshed out PvP before they, to quote a brilliant front page comment, "get to disappoint even more people."

Also, Evade key? lolwut? Can I has on PC? The mighty dodgeroll is the most powerful weapon in literally every single console port I ever played of any game with anything related to combat. Wait, does this mean Diablo 3 on consoles will have MOAR buttons to press than D3 on PC? Raise your hand if you saw that coming, because I didn't.

EDIT

SCREENIES

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8717945/
  15. SuggestiveName

Yes and no, while the look has been redesigned, you could still argue things like 6 active skills, potion button, 3 passive skills, etc were done with the console in mind. I still don't know how they are going to make picking up items not a total pain in the rear.

Yeah, seriously. It even feels like certain boss mechanics were designed with the dodgeroll in mind.
  16. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Well, see, based on the state of Diablo 3 release, I think that's attributing far more competence and foresight to the Diablo 3 team than they deserve at this point. I don't think they had anything in mind except the initial level 1-30 normal playthrough when they were making the game.
  17. JohnnyC

JohnnyC IncGamers Member

Probably the same way it was handled in Torchlight for Xbox360 = as you come close to items you press X, O, etc... that corresponds to items on ground. You can kind of see it in this video here.

In practice it works relatively well.
  18. BryanM

BryanM IncGamers Member

All the weaknesses of the pc and consoles combined in one. The Ouya of games.
  19. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Bleh. Knew it was coming, but it still makes me sick to see it confirmed. Diablo is not a console game.
  20. SuggestiveName

You say that, but...

[​IMG]