Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 on MAC- Macbook- will my system run smooth??? ifr

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by AmbrosiusAurer, Apr 5, 2012. | Replies: 1 | Views: 3878

1. AmbrosiusAurer

AmbrosiusAurer IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 on MAC- Macbook- will my system run smooth???

Hi all, have D3 ordered- just want to find out if anyone knows how well it will run on a Macbook laptop- late 2009 model.

Here's the specs:

[h=3]Processor and memory[/h]
    • 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
    • 1066MHz frontside bus
    • 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
    [h=3]Graphics and video support[/h]NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory[SUP]3[/SUP]
    Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
    Built-in iSight camera
    Mini DisplayPort

250GB harddrive

Any input appreciated.

2. Raesene

Raesene IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 on MAC- Macbook- will my system run smooth???

It should run OK-ish, but there are currently performance issues with the mac version. I don't know if they will be sorted out by release. I currently have the game installed twice on my iMac, in OSX and on a windows partition. For the most part, it runs pretty smooth on both sides, but in OSX there will be instances where it will halt up and jitter for a bit, like it decided suddenly that performing disk I/O is way more important than whatever it is I'm trying to do in game. It can be very annoying when it suddenly decides to do this in the middle of a battle and I just have to cross my fingers and hope I'm alive by the time my computer gives me control. I don't have these issues on the windows side.

Long story short: consider installing a Windows partition to run Diablo 3, in case the OSX issues aren't resolved by release.

EDIT: Also upgrade to 4GB because it's ridiculously cheap to do so and very worth it.