Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3: Let down or satified?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by comeatmebrow, Jun 1, 2012. | Replies: 92 | Views: 8784

?

How do you feel about Diablo 3?

1. I am completely satisfied with how Diablo 3 turned out.

62 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. I find Diablo 3 to be an OK game, just not great.

76 vote(s)
    39.0%
  3. Blizzard really let me down with Diablo 3.

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. comeatmebrow

comeatmebrow IncGamers Member

Diablo 3: Let down or satisfied?

There were numerous arguments going on well before D3 launched regarding itemization, the skill system, art, and the leveling system. Some liked what Blizzard was doing while others didn't. My question is now that you have had a chance to actually play the game, where do you stand now? Are you disappointed? Are you satisfied? Do you find yourself agreeing with the people you were once arguing with prior to D3's release?

2. Crono

Crono IncGamers Member

I got my refund today, only reason was too much lag (400ms was not acceptable, 200ms would be), if Blizzard ever gives me south american servers so I can play with 50ms ping, I'll buy the game again.

3. joeb

joeb Banned

Re: Diablo 3: Let down or satisfied?

Its not just a letdown. Its the biggest letdown in over a decade. They had so much time, effort, an money into this. And ya know what. I hate to say this. I really do. But 60% of the game was probably coded and designed in a sweat mill in korea. Looks like batches and compilations of the game an engine were worked on over seas first. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the build was cut over there and sent to the us back an forth dozens of times. The maps are tiny. The game makes you feel claustrophobic. When you find diablo...its sooo anticlimactic. Once again the wp is plopped right outside her door and walla. Nothing to do break or kill to release her.While I am on the her topic. Boy...they messed up making diablos female incarnation as well. Just saying. Coulda sexed it up a bit more.The game just feels sooo...blah. and players are having to play for over 100 hours to get a good drop. Wonderful.The item sockets. What are they for? Seriously. Gems...that's it? Something seriously lacking.another promise delivered incorrectly are the alleged random events. There is like 2 or 3 of them. By mid act 2...they are gone. Act 3? 4? What random event. Lotta serious let downs. Surprising that so many still have their jobs.

4. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I'm satisfied with the game, but I'm not satisfied with the servers and errors/bugs. When the game is playable smoothly however, it's my favourite ever game apart from D2. And Hogs of War...

5. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

Better than most games, but a lot of lost potential and odd design decisions.

6. Septar

Septar IncGamers Member

It has issues that should have been fixed waaaay before release. But obviously 6 years isn't enough time to develop a game.

7. Kiroptus

Kiroptus IncGamers Member

A big let down, what is really scary about it is that all the problems are sane decisions from blizzard. And no, patches wont do it and expansions are too distant to even be a factor at this point.

Quite possibly the biggest letdown in gamming I have ever had, right next to Silent hill 4.

8. Sephyron

Sephyron IncGamers Member

While im not completly satisfied i feel that i could be in a patch or two.

9. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

The things I didnt like before release I'm still not particularly fond about - such as freespeccing, nephalem valor not being potent enough and lasting through sessions. Also a real shame Blizzard failed s hard in regard to Inferno - not being able to limit exploitable builds access to late inferno, not expecting the various chest farm methods people found etc, doing permanent damage to the early inferno progression.
    Well, and the fact they botched Act 1 Inferno gear progression.

As someone who has been fundamentally against RMAH from day 1, I have only been confirmed in this belief, even before RMAH is out, and has come to the conclusion that any form of AH (even gold) in a game like Diablo might really not be a good thing. Not sure there are any better solutions though. Maybe an item for item trading "AH" could work better.

Really disappointed about the unannounced removal of being able to add sockets to items, making gems nearly pointless.

The server issues are mindbogglingly bad. Which surprises me a bit.

Still, when the game works, it is fun to play, so I am mostly satisfied. But oh boy it is in need of patches and expansions.

10. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

It could have been much better - and likely will be much better - but I'm still having an absolute blast with it.

11. DECOYBOY

DECOYBOY IncGamers Member

d3 is okay, bordering on letdown because personally, the polish is wearing off already and that worries me a bit. but like others, i imagine it will be a better game down the line as it evolves.

12. Srikandi

Srikandi IncGamers Member

Should be more options in the poll... I voted "perfectly satisfied", but that does overstate the case ;) There are plenty of issues, both in the category of "should have been designed differently from the start" and in the category of "implementation fail of a good idea".

However, I can't in all honesty call it "just OK", because I have still gotten more highly enjoyable play out of it since release than any other game from the past five years besides Skyrim (not sure about that), the Sims 3, and Spider Solitaire ;) And I play a lot of games, from a lot of genres.

Don't know if it will keep me happy for as long as D2 did, and thank God it doesn't come with the social obligations to put in scheduled hours that go with raid guild membership in an MMO... don't expect to ever walk down that path again. And I've made a point of staying out of Inferno for now, because there is so much tuning going on, and I am still having plenty of fun leveling different classes and dipping my toe into Hardcore. But yeah. Better than "OK". But certainly not perfect.

13. Hector

Hector IncGamers Member

I think it is a big letdown compared to other Diablo games. I played thousands of hours of Diablo and Diablo II (still play Diablo II).

Diablo III I played around 100 hours and I no longer feel like playing the game. The end game is boring, my character feels maxed out and the only way to improve is via items (no amount of skill or level ups to make up for it). I have no reason to remake a character of same class and I don't even feel like playing most classes enduring this story about 4x each...

I remember making things work in Diablo II with moderate skill and creative gimmicks. Sure one could grind and be a powerhouse, but it was perfectly possible to simply play the game and be effective with most wacky builds, to have fun.

In Diablo III, it's a grind to barely survive Inferno and that's with cookie cutter builds. Anything else you try results "You have Died, your items have lost 10% Durability". All the items feel bad and generic, I have trouble finding full public games, man I'm sick of it.

14. Loathed

Loathed IncGamers Member

I feel that although it is not what we all hoped for, it still is an enjoyable game. Aside from the server issues, I do enjoy playing it with friends. Could've been better though.

15. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Well, I Guess it's time to spill the beans... I am hugely dissapointed with the game. And there Are what's and if's about it.

The main problems I have with the game are the following:

1. First and forefmost, the itemization is absolutely awful. From the dull affixes on items and only two stats being important, to the underwhelming legendaries, to the pathetic set boni... Everything that was great In the DII item game, is gone here.

2. I've hated the idea of freespecs from day one, and now I know I was right about them. Two almost level 60 chars, and I now sadly realize am never making another SC wizard or demon hunter again. What's the point?

3. Just as much as I hated the idea of freespecs, I hated the idea of the horrible always online DRM. Errorr In joining the servers. Errors In joining parties with friends, lagging, dropping out of games... The list goes on and on.

4. As another topic close to the itemization, the AH has totally destroyed the game for me. The jumps In difficulty Are so extreme that you feel obliged to try it out for a gear upgrade. Sadly, once you Get into it, you realize that the whole focus of the game shifts from loot hunting to loot shopping. Any other way of playing is obsolete.

To sum it all up, everything I loved about DII has been stripped from the game.
    Magic find runs In order to collect a known list of powerful items, which will later inspire me to build new builds around those powerful items. All gone. All that is left, is a game that looks like a diablo game, but surely doesn't feel like one.

Sad panda here.

16. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

items are lame, at least in normal difficulty you were getting rares from end bosses, in nightmare its all crappy blues, I'd like to be able to count on something worthwhile as I level, otherwise it becomes mindless and unsatisfying

I'm told that at lvl60 the item rewards improve, but if I wanted a game that sucked until max level I would keep playing WoW, having the game stop being rewarding from ~30-60 is stupid and just makes it seem like I'll be utterly bored of playing by the time I reach 60, give me something to do along the way, and some reward for doing it, it just all feels like time wasted, even killing mephisto for the 75th time in a row and getting isenharts for the 50th time felt less pointless than this

17. Solomon Wreath

Solomon Wreath Banned

I was only like 13-14 when I got introduced to Diablo, and yeah back then I loved it, loved the darkness of it, and the story. But now 13-14 years later after playing awesome games like Mass Effect 2/3 with the wicked, rich storyline and Amalur, I feel underwhelmed in Diablo 3. Just feels like a game for kiddies. I expected it to wow me back when it was first announced, but my excitement waned significantly over time and I found I couldn't pump myself up enough for the first playtime.
    The birds-eye view is seriously outdated. Over the shoulder third person would be perfect. Imagine seeing those lumbering brutes towering over you, that would definitely be smashing. Whereas they look more like blips on a radar. Granted, I'm only like 3-4 quests into Act1 Normal, haven't even gotten to Leoric yet, but at this stage it just feels like I'll get more of the same later on. That is, if I don't get hacked first.

18. Karamo

Karamo IncGamers Member

I've lost 2 level 60's in HC so far and when I died/knew I was going to die I was just like "meh.." and grabbed some Coca Cola and played some League of Legends...

This game is not rewarding enough to keep me thrilled... I keep on doing idiotic things in HC simply because I'm bored and there's nothing to do after level you hit 60 with the current itemization and skill design...

19. TarnishedHope

TarnishedHope IncGamers Member

Itemization is terrible. Blizzard is actively encouraging you to use auction house.

I've never been able to farm anything in Act 1 Inferno that will allow me to play in a reasonable manner in Act 2. I've never been able to farm anything in Act 2 Inferno that will allow me to play in a reasonable manner in Act 3. So on.

What I, and everyone else, end up doing is to just sell off whatever sad loot I've managed to find and pawn them off for whatever meesly sum I can get, and buy gear on AH. :jig:

You are literally farming for gear to sell to people one Act prior to yours, and hoping to accumulate enough gold to actually complete whatever Act you happen to be on.

This is a deliberate design choice. Deliberately designed to give you strong incentive to use RMAH.

So... no. I am not happy with Blizzard right now. :coffee:

20. Solomon Wreath

Solomon Wreath Banned

and THERE is the reason for online-only (that and anti-piracy). every decision they've made is fuelled by money. they don't give a **** about the game itself or Diablo's legacy in the gaming world.