Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 Forever

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hideo, Jul 7, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 671

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Some of you might think that I got converted and bought the game, based on the title of this thread. Actually, it's a reference to Duke Nukem Forever. Very similar games in many respects. Both were restarted almost from scratch (Duke got engine change). Both were in development for incredible amount of time. Both had HUGE expectations. The only difference is that DNF has been released quietly, without any hype, while D3 got over four years for hyping by Blizzard's marketing and PR departments. Both games are utterly disappointing, however D3 sold a boatload of copies because of the hype.

I recently looked online for gold inflation data. Apparently it's rampant and all the good stuff is on RMAH. It seems that most of the players which Biashok spoke about regarding concurrency levels are mostly... bots from large computer farms, who flood the market with items and gold. Enjoy your time farming gold or gear for Inferno's later acts, trying to compete with a guy who has 1000 bots running on 100 computers 24/7. -_-
  2. Sky Tan

Sky Tan IncGamers Member

And the point is?

You are making your point based on? From the paragraph i assume u dun have the game
  3. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Site Pal

I consider Inferno a fake difficulty-- like Hell but with more Japanese arcade. As an old school D2 single player, end game for me is finishing Hell. I'm currently noodling around in A1 Inferno to find Tomes of Secrets, but I have no interest in progressing further. After I get five chars to 60, it's pretty well over for me. At least until the expansion pack comes out, which will add another 10 levels and another act.

Edit: Bah. My point was, I'm not competing with anybody. I don't buy from the AH and I'm happy to farm for weeks to get a few upgrades.
  4. Hideo

Hideo Banned

I don't have to play through Normal to know the game. XD I followed it for years. I know it inside-out. I also have read hundreds of post from players who bought it and complained, both here, as well as on official forums. You will not coerce me to spend 60 bucks to experience directly this turd. I have better things to do with my time. I'm making a Flash game at the moment, for ex.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.