Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 FAQ - All Newcomers Welcome

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Magikarp, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2094

1. Magikarp

Magikarp IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 FAQ - All Newcomers Welcome

Are basic melee attacks completely removed from the game?

• Basic melee attacks are not removed from the game, however every class (excluding the Witch Doctor) has a default ability that is better than the basic attack so it is not advised to put the basic attack on your UI. The Barbarian, for example, has fury generating skills like "Bash" and "Frenzy" which replace the basic melee attacks. The Witch Doctor is the only class that can use basic melee attacks when he / she is out of mana.

What's the maximum amount of characters per account?

• The maximum amount of characters per account is 10.

Do weapons now affect the skill damage for casters like the Wizard and the Witch Doctor?

• Skill damage is now based on % of weapon damage, which basically means if a skill tooltip says that it does 150% weapon damage then you take your weapon damage cut the damage and half and add it to the original damage of the weapon.. for example a dagger does 50 damage so 150% weapon damage would mean the skill does 75 damage.

Do characters expire for being inactive for X amount of days?

• Characters no longer expire for being inactive like they did in Diablo 2.

Do Monsters get stronger in comparison to more players joining your game?

• Monsters do scale with the amount of players that join. For every new player that joins the health of the monsters increase by 75% so assuming my math is right blizzard is hoping with good teamwork, co-op will be more effective in killing over solo play.

How do i put the skills exactly where i want them on the hotbar?

• Options -> Gameplay and check the box that says "Elective Mode". Now you can put any skill anywhere you like.

Do achievements or characters roll over from the beta? ‚Äč

• It has been stated several times that NOTHING will roll over into the real client and that the beta is a separate client.

WIP WILL FINISH WHEN I GET HOME FROM SCHOOL FEEL FREE TO POST THE QUESTIONS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ANSWERED.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Siege Valgore

Siege Valgore IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 3 FAQ - All Newcomers Welcome

Holy Bolded 32 Font batman...
  3. Magikarp

Magikarp IncGamers Member

its 3 and 4 font but yes bolded.. for the blind people bro stop thinking about just urself

4. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

I like this FAQ, but I think it needs more.

For example, how does magic find work? Is it like Diablo 2 where the person who gets the kill on a monster will influence the value of the items dropped?

Edit/Update: It seems like this FAQ is no longer updated. I have created an FAQ of my own that I intend to update and change on a regular basis. You can find the thread at http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?828483-Diablo-3-FAQ-for-Newcomers

Magikarp, I used some of your questions and answers and hope you do not mind, as we're both trying to work towards the same goal of helping newcomers.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012