Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Diablo 3 - Dueling Video

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by grimgrim, Jan 16, 2013. | Replies: 12 | Views: 2008

1. grimgrim

grimgrim IncGamers Member

Decided to test out dueling on the PTR client 1.0.7. As you can see it didn't work out too well. May the person with the best gear win and the others fall to their demise. Not what I expected after eight months of development...
  2. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

Re: Diablo 3 - Dueling

The problem is the total lack of balance from PVM has be transfered over to PVP. And the D3 devs have done nothing to fix anything about it.

PVP worked well in D2 because the game was more balanced. As in the more block/defensive/hit recovery stats a player had the more damage they could null/avoid.

In D3 damage is not balanced. Damage shoots the the roof for no reason at all. In D2 skills/weapons had a certain breaking point. Example being a 200 damage one handed weapon is considered good in D2 while 1000 damage weapon is considered good in D3.

Crit is also a major problem in D3. It has no place in pvp since no player has a million health. Players with 200 000+ dps will one shot everything unless the can't due to stun/stall effects. Defense barely matters at the moment if someones crit is high enough.

I really wish D3 devs put a little more effort into this, they had a looong time to but did nothing.. But at least its just a test. Sadly, D3 devs didn't put much effort into the PVM part of the game either so im really left wondering what the hell will happen to pvp.

Just like PVM, PVP has alot of potential to be awesome. But the question will be if any effort will be made to make it work. Maybe they should hire someone more capable of balancing the pvp aspect of the game.

Theres a reason why the PVP videos from 2011 looked awesome, and thats because it was balanced damage wise. People where not criting for 600 000-1 000 000 per hit. Even the best geared pvp player in D2 would still have to land a few hits to kill and average player. Average gear vs best gear in D3 has no chance currently.

Blizzard should just make crit null in pvp. People will complain, mainly the credit card kids and AH flippers.. But the majority of people will love the out come.

Sadly, the best way to get the most out of this is to find people willing to drop their crit gear and duel. And when that happens you wll notice monks/barbs have an unfair 30% damage reduction for no reason also. :confused11:
  3. Quingu

Quingu Banned

I constantly hear this phrase: "D3 has a lot of potential". You are deluded. The BRAND NAME has a lot of potential, based on glory of D2:LoD. D3 team has NO potential, as they proved their incompetence plenty of times. PvP has NO potential in this game. Abandon All Hope! XD
  4. Vooodu

Vooodu Banned

Meh, i think the game has a TON of potential because it simply does.

Just no steps are being taken to reach it. They keep adding more instead of fixing what needs to be fixed.

I know if could buy D3 from blizzard and hire out my own team the game would be awesome in a few months. This is why i know D3 has potential.

Although incompetence seems to be the the only potential the devs have been living up to...lol.

But the game still has some great game mechanics that could work really well in pvp. It just needs the right guy to make it happen. Blizzard must have a ton of resumes... I don't get it.
  5. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Yay haters!

Cool video, but I definitely see this is going to follow D2's PvP. You'll need gear that can keep you alive. By no means is that strictly Best in Slot, but even D2 had a lower end budget. Great video Grim, but it seems you were just out matched. The others could tank, and you barely took a single hungering arrow. If it's any consolation, I'll be the exact way until I rank up some paragon levels XD
  6. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Shouldn't half of this thread have been merged into 'd3 complaints' instead of moved to this subforum?

I'm kinda curious about pvp, interesting to see videos of it. Not sure I want to touch the PTR though as I have only 3 more plvls to go before my barb hits plvl 100. Though admittedly those levels would be a lot faster once the new experience bonus rate is implemented...
  7. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Complaints about PvP belong to the PvP forum now that it's been created. It would be cool to see more vids here from various classes' perspective.
  8. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

I mean the general "D3 sux!" type complaints. Legitimate gripes about specific PvP issues I'm perfectly fine with. XD
  9. Enkeria

Enkeria IncGamers Member

Do not think the Duel was in 8 month of development. I think it was close to a month as a back-up if PvP couldn't deliver.
    Glad to know that PvP are coming, and the Duel is (only) a friendly gearcheck at the moment.
  10. Medivon

Medivon IncGamers Member

Seems to me they've done nothing more than clear out an area and let u duel. That's it. Nothing as far as balance was attempted. Is this "beta" pvp?
  11. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

This is placeholder PvP. Beta would be a basics of what they intend, which would be the TvT from the beta. This is a "use this until we're satisfied with the direction we wanted to go".
  12. nevans

nevans IncGamers Member

Dueling in Diablo was always about who had the best gear. What made it fun was grouping up to take out the best geared players. Just another thing they got wrong with D3.
  13. Medivon

Medivon IncGamers Member

Ahh okay. Thank you for clearing that up for me.