Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements - April 2

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by jamesL, Apr 3, 2013. | Replies: 9 | Views: 772

1. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9382478/developer-journal-multiplayer-improvements-4-2-2013

-----

Multiplayer Bonuses - nice

at the moment we're looking at

10% more XP per extra player in the game for a maximum bonus of 30% more XP in a 4-player game.

This bonus will be multiplicative with MP bonuses.

For example: suppose you are playing on MP10 with an XP bonus in Inferno of 510%.

This means a monster is worth 610% of its normal XP (510% more).

If you are playing in a 4-player game the monster will be worth 793% as much XP as normal.

On top of this, you will also earn a flat 10% Gold Find and 10% Magic Find for each additional player in the game, and this bonus can exceed the 300% Gold Find and Magic Find caps.

----

Matchmaking Tags - don't realy see this as being useful

----

Monster Health - This is being reduced from 70% to 50% per player in game :(

the game is already too easy

----

Combat Alerts - I actually like this a lot

----

Private Chat - meh

----
  2. Sir Mister

Sir Mister IncGamers Member

All of the listed changes seem legitimately good and useful. I will take this time to say congratulations Blizzard on making a meaningful improvement in the patch, and will leave it at that.

I will not, no matter how tempted, delve into the biggest issue with MP being the inevitability of your friends being at a different level / gear level than you, unless you've specifically created them to play together, or the other issues I'd like to raise. Nope, not here. This is just, "gratz blizzard".
  3. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Nobody talking about Archon in multiplayer games? Biggest change for us wizards since release!
  4. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

I never played Archon, but on the front page Migens said
    I always played lightning wizard because it just seemed more fun, but I might have to try this out now
  5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

It's still slower than running a barb.
  6. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

All of the efficient means of getting XP and loot quickly are some variant of blast through the enemies super fast and leave them to die in your wake. That approach still doesn't work in multiplayer.

It's funny because no matter how I try and think they might do something positive they then have to turn around and do something like nerf scorpions... composing one of the... two high XP areas...

If it's that scorpions give a lot of XP for being easy to defeat then make them hit harder. And comparing to Mallet Lords? 1: No one does act 4. 2: Mallet Lords do the highest per hit damage of any enemy. 3: Mallet Lords have one of the highest if not the highest HP values of normal enemies.

I don't think the base XP of every enemy needs to be buffed but how you can go down the thought process of "one of the hardest enemies is only slightly more rewarding than one of the easiest" and not arrive at the conclusion that the big guy should give proportionate rewards (even if it comes with a scorpion nerf) is beyond me. Then again...
  7. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Meh. Incentives in form of more XP/MF or Easy Mode shouldn't be needed for Multiplayer.
    People play multiplayer if they enjoy it, they shouldn't feel required to play it because its much more effective.

If they think act 3 farming runs are too effective to solo, then fix act 3 farming runs. Not the other way. Hell, they should fix act 3 farming runs no mater if it were solo-friendly or not. Simply because it's boring.

Matchmaking tags sounds good for PUG players though.

Allowing Kill procs to work in groups also sounds very nice. As long as they extend it to everything and not just Archon of course.
  8. Golbez2

Golbez2 IncGamers Member

Meh, could careless about this patch, I.D all is cool and needed, I don't play multiplayer though. I don't enjoy joining games that consists of 3 WoTB barbs out running me on WD then crying I can't keep up. The past dozen or so public games I was in, it was 3 barbs and me(WD) lol, it was just a boring experience.

I look forward to the real patch, itemization, I think that is the patch everyone has circled on the calendar. To me, itemization patch is the 1st real patch of the game, hopefully they really nail itemization home, that alone should have been the biggest issue addressed.
  9. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

You should just play MP with some people on your friends list that you know will be a little less ridiculous about playing together. Public games is always a mixed bag (from experience; haven't done a single one in D3 yet).
  10. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

The changes sound nice, but I think it seems like they should have implemented those a while ago. Oh well, better now then never doing it and stubbornly insisting the way they've had it is best for some reason.