Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demon Hunter!

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Dacar92, Oct 22, 2010. | Replies: 110 | Views: 9565

1. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

Demon Hunter!

Not much known yet but that is the new class!!

2. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Re: Demon Hunter!

Watched the trailer and skill videos on blizzard's site. Looks pretty cool for the most part. Now I'm sorta going to have a toss up between Wizard or Demon Hunter first. Have to see what the final skill list looks like.

3. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Demon Hunter... I dunno, sounds not right to me, like a 13 year old made it up or something. Well, we'll see.

EDIT: I've just seen the trailer. I guess she's cool and all, but please get rid of the glowy eyes! It's just not working for me. I also stand by that the name Demon Hunter is corny. At least we now have our 'dark' character, like D2 had the Necromancer.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  4. cacophony

cacophony IncGamers Member

The trailer is good and grim. We'll see how it plays, though. My main beef w/ archer classes in the past has always been the "wizard w/ a bow" problem. How do you differentiate the two play styles enough to make it a meaningful choice? Traps? Summons/pets? Melee potential? It'll be interesting to see how they make it work, but so far it looks like a wizard w/ a crossbow.

5. elganame

elganame IncGamers Member

6. Glass

Glass IncGamers Member

I quite like it.

I said it was going to be a Warden, instead it's named after the Wardens' enemy but has all the characteristics of the Warden (dark, hunter, tracker, assassin, all consuming purpose).

Seriously considering maining this.

7. ThomasJ

ThomasJ IncGamers Member

I like it alot but it is the same design as the vanquisher class in Torchlight, Dual wield ability with bombs. Looks neat though! Can't wait to play.

8. StrongCoffee

StrongCoffee IncGamers Member

Shes perfect! Only the name doesnt fit the character, something like Inquisitor woul had been best. But the character idea,model and gear is really, really awesome! I bet no one will dare to complain about her hat!

9. Jimbob

Jimbob IncGamers Member

I'm surprised I couldn't think of the name. It was so obvious especially since it was used in WC3. I was sort of hoping for something like a Demon Knight last year for the 4rth class. It's kind of a mix between the Warrior and Pally, but darker not like a Death Knight though. My ideal was for it to be a Knight that hunted Demons for the sake of vengeance which is exactly what the Demon Hunter does. I knew the class this year like most people did was going to be ranged, but it amazes me how I couldn't take my concept from the Demon Knight and put it with the "Hunter/Ranger" like class. I can't believe I couldn't put Demon and Hunter together. It's so obvious it kind of bugs me. Anyway, I really like the look of the Demon Hunter. The armor is what I imagined my Demon Knight would wear only this is a light version instead of a heavy version(of course). I really like the look of the Demon Hunter. I like the ideal and think it will be a fun class to play. I wonder how the male will look and I wonder if the Demon Hunter will get any melee abilities added to it later on. Looks like we got our "dark" class after all.

10. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Bouhahahahaahha! This character is like a perfect reflection of what my feelings are on the Archer class.

At first they tried the woodsland ranger boredom, and it was axed. Glory! Then they tried the melee hybrid, and it was tossed out the window. Wohoo! Then the shapeshifter... and it was rofled off the floor. Another point for mah dreams! And that's when they pretty much put in the exact archer I wanted - traps, mobility, pew pew. Visual callbacks to the armored looks of earlier Diablo classes is just a big, fat bonus on top of it all.

Plus, I absolutely love the Cartwheel (Vault) skill. I originally thought the Archer should have a sprint sort of ability for movement, but this is a much better idea.

11. biko

biko IncGamers Member

Female only ?

With the other characters you can choose between sex but not with this ?

That seems very sexist to me.

And also she is very silly and seems like she tries way too hard to be cool. Some OMG UBAR COOL DEMON SLAYING WOMAN WARRIOR WITH GLOWING EYES WAUUU.

What is this, feminist propaganda for children? Seriously......

12. Jimbob

Jimbob IncGamers Member

No, they will show the male version in a few months probably. We should get some screenshots though in the coming weeks. Remember that it took a while before they finally showed the female and male versions of the Monk and Wizard classes.

13. biko

biko IncGamers Member

Aha, ok, that's good then. I still think it's a silly character though, I was hoping for some more "regular bow-character" like rogue or amazon.

14. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

I am sure she can use bows and focus on just bow skills and be "a regular bow-character"

15. mwanafalsafa

mwanafalsafa IncGamers Member

Looks good as long as I can play the male version and avoid having to look at those preposterous high heels from the cinematic.

And I hope the class can use bows in addition to crossbows.

16. Telzen

Telzen IncGamers Member

I didn't even like the amazon but demon hunter looks sweet. Going to be playing her before my monk now. Might even play her before my wizard.

17. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Looks pretty nice. The dual-wielding crossbow-pistols bit is a bit daft. Feels out of place.

18. AtomicJ

AtomicJ IncGamers Member

I think she's pretty cool for the most part. Interested to see more of her skills. I have one big fear: that her weapon restrictions will exclude all melee weapons, even short swords. Anyone else get that feeling? :\

19. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Why would they restrict a single class to a total of 3 weapons?

20. AxeX

AxeX IncGamers Member

Seeing how they scrapped the idea of a melee/ranged hybrid and went with this kit, I doubt he/she will be able to use any melee weapon at all. I'm hoping they do this too, this game isn't made for those kinds of hybrids, plus it takes away from that "ranged vibe" that they were reminding everyone about every 5 minutes of the panel.