Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Demon hunter the best MF-class. Post your builds here! ifr

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Sulle, Mar 22, 2012. | Replies: 17 | Views: 8692

1. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

Demon hunter the best MF-class. Post your builds here!

I started this thread, because I am a bit curious about what kind of DH mf characters people will be using(if any) to MF in the late game, now that we are so near the release.

In D3, when you are magic finding, time will literally be money because of the RMAH and thus mobility will de facto be a main factor when making a mf class, because since we now know, that you´ll get a mf buff from elites, which apparently also counts on bosses, you will want to avoid normal monsters (as much as possible) to get to elites. There is no incentive not going straight for the gold and continue to do so until you come to the last boss in the act you are playing.

In D2 most people used a sorc because of her mobility, so that people could get A to B as quickly as possible to to kill the boss and get the loot. However the sorc/wizard´s role has changed and now she lacks even more mobility than i.e. the barb.

My thoughts are, that the demon hunter has the best mobility and thus has the most potential to mf elites really fast if you have right character and items. So I would probably make a DH to mf with and use these skills:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bQdZTV!aXT!abbcYZ

As a hatred generator I am using Entangling shot(Chain gang): it does 75% WD to up to 4 monsters(potentially doing 300% WD) Also since it can hit up to 4 targets, it will work harmoniously with multishot(suppression fire) and with life leech.

Impale(Grievous wound) is basically intended for elites and bosses, when you need some extra dps to them down more quickly.

Vault( Tumble): For obvious reasons, to get as much mobility as possible and it will work in great harmony with the passive tactical advantage, which also increases your movement by 60% for 2 secs.

Companion( Ferret companion) to get more gold find, two meat shields, but they also pick up the gold for you, and keep you company, when you are alone and feeling sad for not finding a Windforce :d

The skill Preparation (Punishment), is really essential for this build to even work as intended and keeping you on the move: It removes the cool down of the skill, however it restores all hatred at the cost of 20 discipline. So you fuel your multishot(Suppression fire) and impale, while at the same time getting discipline from your multishots and since you have the passive skills nightstalker and sharpshooter you will be getting discipline, quite frequently from critical shots as well.

So what kind of mf characters would you guys use as a DH?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. Daroux

Daroux IncGamers Member

Re: Demon hunter the best MF-class. Post your builds here!

First of all, Entangling shot deals dmg to 1 monster and ENTANGLES to 4 mosters. It doesn't dmg 4 monsters when they are chained
  3. reflexii

reflexii IncGamers Member

Why even post when you don't know things? Entagling shot damages every enemy it entagles, so chain gang runed Entagling shot deals 4x 75% weapon damage if there are 4 enemies.

4. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

I agree. In crowded areas the Monk may be a good choice as well, but I think that in most cases the DH will be the best class for MFing.

It's funny, but I came up with almost the same exact build as you did.

The difference is that I chose Rain of Vengeance instead of Companion for clearing out huge packs or dangerous Elites. Ferrets aren't a bad choice if you don't have increased gold pickup radius on your gear, since they can save you huge amounts of time in the long run. However, according to current datamined list of affixes, in the endgame we can expect to see our pickup radius extended by 7 yards... per armor slot. That's huge and may make Ferrets a waste for gold collection purposes.

Also, depending on Night Stalker's proc chance, I would consider dropping it and Sharpshooter for Steady Aim and Archery.

5. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

It´s pretty cool, that your build is almost the same :) What kinda inspired me were the core skills preparation(punishment), multishot(suppression fire) and vault(tumble) with the passive tactical advantage. I liked(as you probably also did) the idea of a mobile and flexible mf build, who also had a lot of resource management, which he could use to increase either dmg or mobility depending on the situation.

It´s quite interesting, that you will get a larger gold pickup radius later on . I never knew this, but it´s indeed a positive insight, because who doesn´t get tired of picking up gold eventually when you are mf hehe. It´s possible, that the ferrets won´t be that good, but in inferno some meat shields will be pretty nice and they also do 30% WD, which is over 3 times more than the zombie dog or perhaps i´ll change it for the wolf for some extra dmg vs elites/bosses.

Yah the passives you suggested could be a good idea if I get too much discipline or perhaps i´ll change one of the skills to brooding for some surviability, since you now regenerate after 3 secs( it was 5 secs before as I recall).

What kind of single target dps skill did you use in your build. Was it also impale?

6. Sooru

Sooru IncGamers Member

http://d3db.com/tool/calculator/demon-hunter/13834

I think these would be the best base skills for mobility as Demon Hunter, for fast MF runs. Preparation with Punishment rune comboes nicely with Hot Pursuit for instant speed 15% run speed buff which I think will be better than tumbling if the distance is long enough. This in addition of it's other purpose as massive burst dps tool against hard mobs.

I didn't get to play DH in beta for long until it died on me and doesn't want to connect ever. Which attacks would you use to fill the above build?
  7. HardRock

Impale or Rapid Fire. Impale for better mobility and Rapid Fire for more damage.

8. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

I think Impale wins this in both mobility and dmg especially vs a single target, which is basically what I was interested in, as I already have multishot and don´t need more AOE, where RF may do more dmg.

This is why I chose GW for my build: 250%*(1+50% base crit + 100%)=625% wd! :D The skill description specifically says, that crits cause an additional 100% WD, so it must be true.

GW will be totally crazy with crit gear and passive like sharpshooter. CB is also a huge dmg dealer and does 125% wd over two secs but may be better suited for a hit and run build. Believe me mate DH will be a class people will would want to have in their mf group, because they will be able to put down single targets(bosses/elites) quicker than other classes will with their potential to burst a lot dmg over a small period of time.

9. Cid

Cid IncGamers Member

slightly offtopic question about mobility:
    do we know how the wizard's teleport with wormhole rune works, can you cast teleport over and over again within 1 second of casting the previous teleport as long as you have enough arcanepower to cast it?
    if that is the case i would rate the mobility between DH and wizard as almost even...
  10. Franceso

Franceso IncGamers Member

[​IMG]It doesn't dmg 4 monsters when they are chained
  11. Sulle

Sulle IncGamers Member

Spamming teleport as much as you can within 1 sec in an uncontrolable manner will most likely get you killed, when you suddenly end up in a group of monsters, only to realize, that teleport has a 16 sec CD lol :d

Unlike teleport, vault hasn´t got a CD unless you choose the runeskill acrobatics, so you´ll be able to use it again and again till you lose all your discipline. That´s why it´s better.

12. HardRock

You're talking about the Chain Gang rune of Entangling Shot, right? If so, you're wrong, it deals damage to all 4 targets.

13. Cid

Cid IncGamers Member

ok, let me try again:

there are different ways to interpret how teleport wormhole works.
    ideally, your are able to cast teleport as often as you want, you just aren't allowed to have a break between teleports that is longer than 1 second.

example: cast teleport-wait 0,8 sec-cast teleport- wait 0,5sec-cast teleport-wait 0,9 sec - cast teleport

in other words, after each teleport you cast you have a window of 1 sec before the cooldown starts ticking, but if you have the AP regeneration for it you could teleport 10 or even 20 times in a row, especially if you use diamond skin in between for 15AP reduction on skills for 6 secs which would give a full AP bubble again.

so my question is: is this how teleport wormhole works, does anyone have the answer here?

or is it like Sulle thinks, you only have the 1 sec window once which doesn't refresh to another 1sec after casting another teleport which means you might be able to cast 2 or 3 teleports before the cooldown begins.

the same question could be asked about the vault rune "Tumble":

Tumble

After using Vault, your next Vault within 6 seconds has its Discipline cost reduced by 50%.

so does this possibly mean that each vault will have its discipline cost reduced by another 50%, as long as it is cast within 6 secs of the previous one?

like: 10 - 6,6 - 4,3 - 2,8 - 1.89 - 1,25 ....etc
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  14. HardRock

This is how it worked in the PvP demos last year. I don't see why would they need to change it. Tumble most likely behaves this way as well.

15. itstheMZez

itstheMZez IncGamers Member

built this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bZgTdQ!eXT!aZaYYb

shadow power gives sustain and regens 45 hatred over 3s, good enough for 3 multishots, which can restore quite a bit of discipline and restart the combo.

wanted more mobility than a vault every 15s...but all other options require discipline. guess i could use the passive for vault too. any other suggestions?
  16. Cid

Cid IncGamers Member

thanks for the info Hardrock!

so if thats the case i will probably not make a wizard as my first char.
    when it comes to mobility in order to increase farming results i think the next best class is the barbarian with leap, sprint and furious charge.
    at the moment i am torn between DH and Barbarian. that flat 30% damagereduction (for monk and barb) does sound almost too good to pass up.

this is my first idea of a very offensive mobility barbarian, hope you don't mind me posting it in this thread for discussion:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bZXVUS!ZYg!acYcbZ
  17. lucidlore

lucidlore IncGamers Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaqGElJRp4g this video would suggest otherwise. And, considering this was how the skill was coded to work 3 months ago, I'm inclined to believe that this is how the final version would turn out.
  18. HardRock

That video is from the emulator. Wormhole's cooldown doesn't work there at all. People already confirmed, that it only gave you a 1 second window to teleport as much as you can in last year's PvP demo.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012