Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dealing with Desynch

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Classics, Jul 24, 2005. | Replies: 10 | Views: 1209

1. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

Dealing with Desynch

I think every Classic player knows what Desynch is. 1) Annoying as hell and 2) A trick Paladins using the skill charge in conjuction with Blessed Hammer to hide their real location with a fake location using the fact that ping rates can't keep up with where their actual location is. In other words, they're not where you think they are. Me and hundreds of other players have to deal with the annoyments of desynch, and quite frankly, we're tired of it. It's even more complicated with the fact that Blessed Hammer does SICK damage (9k+. Resulting in about 1.3k+ PvP dmg, usually 1-2 hitting anybody besides barbs). We need strategies! How do we deal with it, is there any way to see their real location, or do just plain have to suffer?

Some people say that you need a fast comupter to keep up with the real Hammerdin. Some people say there's no dealing with it besides strategizing it. Which, may I add, is not easy. How are we supposed to have the slightest idea of where the enemy actually is? Do we just throw WW's, arrows, fireballs, orbs, blizzards ect everywhere?

Anybody know strategies, rumours or whatever about it?
  2. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

So..is this some kinda of dueling trick? If so..I would always use someone for bait, like get a person to attack him, I guess when he dies, you dive in for the kill haha (sounded reasonable in my head).
  3. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

NAmelock them. It doesnt always work, and im not saying its the best tactic, but its gauranteed to aim at them wherever they go.

Fred

OT: Does any have 30 r/w boots with 30+ lr, 30+ cr us east ladder, for trade? I know this isnt the best place to post this ; but on the trade forums, its basically all for expansion and i didnt want to start a whole new thread.
  4. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

my 90 zon killed an 89 hammerdin/charger today in a duel... i barely ever die from hammerdins for 3 reasons:

1. 63% Chance Avoid
    2. Run and Shoot
    3. I never have to get close to them to attack

The problem is that it takes me long to kill them with their holy shield. But I can do it. Plus zon dmg isnt that good so it takes mad long to kill them. And sometimes they get lucky and kill me.
  5. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

Yeah... zons are pretty good against hammeradins.
    If I find a really nice bow I think I will make a really high lvl pure dex zon.
    then use all gear focused against hammeradins and barbs. meaning no resist gear. tons of ias and lots of +dmg gear. hammeradins shouldn't be a problem except for the stray lucky shot.
  6. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Just think like a hammerdin. Keep running, and in random directions. Shoot downwards, ww upwards. The trick is to never teleport where theyv been, because otherwise you"ll probably die.
    Also, hammerdins pvp damage is 1/10 their pvm damage. And with most hammerdins having upwards of 10k, their hits will hurt. ES sorcs should be able to take 2 hits and live.
  7. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

ww where you think they are about to be, not where you think they are. if you time it right, you'll see a surprised hammerdin materialize out of thin air [in the middle of your ww..] and be treated to a pretty little pot explosion and a pile of gold. and 9 outta 10 times they'll be glitched and have to rejoin, providing further satisfaction. :lol:
  8. XMA

XMA IncGamers Member

y dont u make a hammerdin...and go pvp its fun...u know wat they say " if u cant beat em, join em"
    the gear doesnt have to be gg

+1 skills with res ammy
    10-20 fhr 50+ life 10+ dual res armor
    tarn helm
    +2 monk scepter
    30 frw with dual or triple 10+ res boots
    magefist
    3 socketed sheild with perfect diamond
    10-15+ fhr life or strenght...duel res belt
    two 10fcr rings with dual res
  9. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

I HATE Hammerdins, so naturally, I absolutely refuse to make one. I can beat them, just not that often.
  10. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

I almost hate them Classics. They are out there in huge numbers and u gotta deal with them. Btw, you once said that you played on USWest. There is a returnee from the older days of classic who hasnt played in over 2 years who wont make any hammerdins and used to have a small army of high lvl paladins, most varieties, and he's back!! So we might be seeing a few more non-conformist paladins on the realm.
  11. belladonna

belladonna IncGamers Member

Necros have the best defence vs desynchin dins. I've never lost to a desynchin din after a fellow nec told me some simplie advice. Circle urself in bwall. you have to leave space between u and the bwalls offcourse, and i prefer to have a circle consiting of 2 layers. a full circle if important because while laying down a single bwall might stop a head on charge chances are u will never see which direction the charge begins. its funny as heck to see a din apear at the edge of ur castle and panic knowing hes not able to hit you while u return fire. Now i know castling up with a bone nec is really bm but hey sometimes u have to get a little dirty when ur playing with glitchers.

can someone tell me why spear seems to be more effective vs a zons passives then bspirit. Its very noticable if u ever fight a cs-zon. spear seems to just cut them up.