Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclaw good enough for ubers?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by banff, Feb 22, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 2966

1. banff

banff IncGamers Member

I'm wondering if dclaw equipped properly using death sentry has the same killing power as a k/t sin using lightning traps. Considering maxed venom, how does dclaw stand against a stormlash k/t sin? I know crushing blow loses it's effectiveness in higher player counts and dclaw doesn't really need ar because it's baked in... What do you guys think?
  2. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Not remotely in the same league..

That said, I don't know much about ubers.
  3. banff

banff IncGamers Member

Care to elaborate? Is it less dmg because of a lack of CB? What kind of dps can a 20 dclaw/mastery/venom 10 frame sin expect with something like 2x chaos? Would all that +magic/physical/venom be able to compete with CB? CB doesn't scale, so really, what is it's worth in higher player games? Considering that a sin can just wear drac's gloves, resists being maxed, death isnt a factor under lifetap so.... how slow could this build be?

Hey maxicek, clear your inbox buddy, ppl are trying to msg you!
  4. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Well it depends upon whether you want to do normal pvm or ubers
    Ubers - crushing blow is the most important thing
    normal pvm - CB is not that important.

In normal pvm there isn't any reason to use Dclaw in the first place if you already have chaos anyway. Use whirlwind. WW is far superior.
    I like 1 point dclaw as a left click attack for wwsins ( against manaburners, for eg. ), and for releasing charges of phoenix strike. Beyond that it has little uses except as a novelty.

I really don't know if it would be suitable for ubers or not, but I've definitely not heard of it.
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

CB is king for any high life target like ubers. CB may not scale, but neither does regular damage.
  6. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Another thing to note, CB may not scale, but I don't know why you would be doing ubers with more than 1 maybe 2 characters in the game. The ubers have such huge life and resistances though that even though CB doesn't scale it still takes out large chunks at a time in comparison to normal damage dealing.
  7. maxicek

maxicek IncGamers Member

I have never fought the Ubers, but I think you will struggle with DC. Whilst you can theoretically hit at up to 5FPA, it is an interruptible attack, so you are likely to have trouble getting your attacks off.

"Best" setup of Dragon Claw < Stormlash + Dragon Talon.