Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Damage to mana HELP :D

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by TheXelnaga, Feb 3, 2013. | Replies: 21 | Views: 4182

1. TheXelnaga

TheXelnaga IncGamers Member

I am trying to find the Damage to Mana charts that give ratio to performance, I am trying to put together a build now that has been years in the making, and it has been quit tough, if anyone finds it I would be very grateful. I think the max was 186% but thats only quoting off of memory.
  2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

What does this actually means? :)
  3. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I can't find a chart, but I don't think that it actually has breakpoints, just a straight up value.

For example;
    If monster X hits player Y (who has 50% dtm) for 100 damage, 100 points are taken from life, and 50 are added to mana.
  4. TheXelnaga

It means damage to mana efficiency based on 3 factors, amount of damage to mana, maxed telekinesis, and Energy Shield. I saw a excel chart posted of this years ago. I have not been able to find it since.
  5. TheXelnaga

It's actually more then that, it goes into the specific break points to reach optimal dtm. You might think I am crazy, but it is more complex then the formula given.
  6. TheXelnaga

It's about optimal damage mitigation from ES + TK + DTM Gear.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  7. Black Lotus

Damage taken goes to mana (DTGM) does not have breakpoints or hidden bonuses. Always returns certain percentage of applied final damage to mana, based on your gear.

Energy shield, however, does depend on telekinesis and stuff. Keep in mind that DTGM applies AFTER energy shield cuts the damage and BEFORE final damage is applied.
  8. TheXelnaga

There are breakpoints, I have seen them.
  9. Black Lotus

Breakpoints in what? I mean, which value depends on what value?
  10. TheXelnaga

Optimal TK Skill Level + Optimal ES Level + Optimal DTM Gear. It's not nearly as cut and dry as If monster X hits player Y (who has 50% dtm) for 100 damage, 100 points are taken from life, and 50 are added to mana. There are percentages of reduction I am trying to figure out in the shield to reach a zenith point, and I am trying to figure out what % Dun Jewels I will need to reach the optimal zenith. There is a max DTM efficiency %, I want to know what that is to figure out how perfect my gear needs to be.
  11. TheXelnaga

12. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

The Amazon Basin Diablo II wiki's Damage Taken Goes to Mana page should contain a complete list of items with that modifier, as well as applicable sources of damage.

The table on its Energy Shield page contains DTGM percentages required to counter mana loss for varying levels of ES and Telekinesis (assuming no further integer or percentage damage reduction): for example, with level 20 ES and Telekinesis 225% DTGM would counter mana loss from applicable sources of damage (although this percentage would be halved with Resist -100%, and quadrupled with Resist 75%).

However, you've seen that page and apparently it isn't what you're looking for. Since it's impossible for DTGM to counter mana loss with high level ES and Telekinesis, by 'ratio to performance', 'damage to mana efficiency', 'optimal damage mitigation' and 'optimal zenith', are you looking for the percentages which at least result in mana running out at the same time as your life?

I remember seeing something like that at some point, but I don't think it took into account the fact that mana regenerates... or that there are many sources of monster and player damage to which DTGM does not apply.
  13. Black Lotus

The "optimal" levels you are probably talking about, is %DTGM to compensate mana loss due to ES.

With 20 hard points in telekinesis, ES eats .075mana per every damage point absorbed. The amount of damage is capped at 95% at slvl 40 probably.

So 1000 initial damage (no res, no %dr, no absorb) would be 950*.75=712.5 into mana and 50 into health. Thus with 100% DTM you'll lose 50hp and recover 50 mana.

The less %ES you have, the more hp you lose and more mana you recover. There're no breakpoints. At some point you will be able to recover all lost mana at the cost of some lost hp.

http://46.39.240.184/upfiles/DTGM ES.xls here I put some excel formulas
  14. Black Lotus

Perfect example with 200fcr sorc:

Damage Taken Goes To Mana: 98%
    50% nightsmoke belt
    12% amulet 20fcr
    12% jewel in griffon
    12% jewel in viper
    12% jewel in 50fcr weapon (wizzy?)

Needs 56,65% ES (slvl 9) to be completely mana-safe vs physical attack. You still lose 43% hp, so the whole setup works as 57% dr, while sacrifising a lot of gear.
  15. onderduiker

It's a common misconception that Damage Taken Goes to Mana only applies to physical damage, or physical attack damage. It's not the damage type but the source of the damage that's important: it does not apply to physical damage from War Cry or Tornado (skill damage), nor does it apply to the physical damage of Diablo's lightning and firestorm (missile damage); however, it does apply to the lightning bolts of Willowisps and the fire bolts of Demon Imps (monster damage) despite the fact these don't apply any physical damage, and non-physical damage of any type applied by a player's attack (attack damage), even if the attack applies no physical damage (like Berserk or Lightning Bolt).
  16. TheXelnaga

Exactly. There are so many wives tales about DTM.
  17. TheXelnaga

Appreciate it, but its not how its ultimately calced.
  18. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I still haven't seen these breakpoints. You didn't mention ES and TK in your original post, so you can't expect people to 'just know' that they are part of your thoughts.
  19. onderduiker

186 is the percentage Damage Taken Goes to Mana required to offset mana loss from level 13 Energy Shield (65%) with level 16 Telekinesis (1:1); less likely, it's the percentage required to do likewise for level 11 ES (61%) with level 13 Telekinesis (1:1.1875).

Is what you're looking for based on the following?

If DTGM, Telekinesis and Energy Shield levels are the only factors, I don't know what else it can be.
  20. Black Lotus

If you check my excel file, there are exactly the same formulas applied. Still they appear to be "not how its ultimately calced".