Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3X Your Hero and the State of the Game

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by FireStormNZ, Aug 21, 2013. | Replies: 21 | Views: 2022

1. FireStormNZ

FireStormNZ IncGamers Member

Hi all,

With D3X announced and some of the changes now made public we can probably start considering the impact on our current heroes and the HC economy. This post is going to be crystal ball gazing a bit considering we don't have a release date (or do we?) but bear with me.

The biggest change to my mind is the increase of the level cap. I don't think this is particularly good news for those among us with particularly sick gear but it does present some real opportunities in the future.

1. That 500 million gold weapon you have been drooling over and saving for, checking the improvements on D3UP - when the expansion goes live, won't be worth anything. You could potentially find a better weapon just levelling yourself from 60 - 70.

2. With all the gear we are currently using about to become obsolete I would think that if you have any epic items you are waiting to sell, you might want to hit the market with them soon. I would think that the closer we get to the launch of the expansion the less people will want to fork out large sums of gold for current end game items.

3. For us in the HC community I think EHP has just taken a precedent over DPS. Survival until the expansion goes live will be the key factor.

4. Opportunity: There will be a new set of end game items. When looking for upgrades there won't be 20 pages of Dead Man's Legacies. There will be a blank canvass of lvl 70 - 73 items. For the people that start farming these items first there could be a LOT of gold to be made.

There are loads of other possibilities to consider and these are just the ones I think are the biggies - what do you all think? Any other big changes to the current D3 state of the game now we know about the expansion?
  2. Kornkills

Kornkills IncGamers Member

All my prep is going to be ensuring I have a viable 1-60 crusader set for each level. I know crusader has their own weapons, but they cant beat out a level reduce :)
  3. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

Which for anybody that already has a good set of progression gear for a Barb... they're pretty much set. :)
  4. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

Couldn't agree more with Zappa and the others. I have my PL70 barb on hold, just using him for ubbers and key hunting in higher MPs, since I am now "putting all my money" on my DH (yeah I still believe I can get to 400k DPS, while above 850k EHP, hehehe). This to say I have not crafted str items for a long time, but now I will assume my DH will have last upgrades from AH and crafting is for Barb/Crusader. I loved paladins in D2 and at least I owe it to myself to give the Crusader a serious go.

Cheers
  5. Moichi

Moichi IncGamers Member

Since D3X is till at least half a year away, I really don't bother thinking about economy impacts now. Playing exclusively selffound atm might have to do something with that too.

The most interesting thing to me right now is how Paragon 2.0 will work regarding HC:
    - will Paragon reset when P2.0 is introduced, or do all your PL convert into the new system?
    - what will happen if a character dies, will you lose Paragon? What happens to the allocated Paragon points for that character - refunded or lost?

Depending on how those things turn out it may indeed be wise to make sure that you have at least one high PL char when the changes come into effect.
  6. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Supposedly all your paragon points will be added into one new account wide total. If that's the case it might make sense to have 5 paragon 20 chars instead of one P100, regarding the exp. But still, the P100 will get much better items and cash income.

One blue comment that captured my attention: they will NOT abandon the AH. There will be better items to be found and more account bound stuff, but they specifically said the AH will remain.

It's probably a year away so I'm not changing anything right now :) Think about it, mid 2014 is a damn long way off! And to everybody who thinks it's Q1 '14, keep dreaming :p
  7. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

I'm really glad you've brough up this topic, as there are tons of unanswered questions in regarding the new paragon system and hardcore deaths.

What I know is that I want to have AT LEAST one high level paragon character ready for the expansion, so that I could hopefully level up to 70 ASAP and start making some easy money in the AH, before the prices settle down after the first few weeks or so.

It's a daunting realization, that because of the level cap increase, absolutely all our high end items will be worthless come the expansion, but at the same time, I LIKE the idea of everybody starting in a so called "new" economy, especially if my gut feeling is right and they will announce ladders and perhaps even a SF mode at blizzcon.

And Gris, it might not be Q1 -14, but it will definitely be out by summer '14! ;)
  8. ZappaFan

I'm not so sure all of our current end game items will become obsolete with Loot 2.0. For one thing, did you notice that the lvl 70 items they were showing in the presentation were BoA? But even if they do make the new lvl 66-70 stuff BoA it will still have a significant impact on the price of the current lvl 60 gear, just as the new crafts had an effect on the price of similar non-BoA items now. Those old items are not obsolete (people still buy Vile Wards & Lacuni's, for instance), but the price of those Legendaries has certainly become more affordable for more people with the introduction of the new crafts.

And if that's the case, frankly, your current end item gear will only become obsolete because you're replacing it with even better, self-found gear anyway, so that's certainly not anything I'm going to worry about. :)
  9. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Well, I did notice the BoA text in the screenshots from the presentation, but I think it's really early to assume that ALL new legendaries, will be BoA.

The whole star system makes me think that perhaps those items were already enchanted, twice for the monk claw, and three times for the wiz wand, thus making them BoA as a result.

Can't really see ALL legendary items being BoA, though that WOULD indeed be a very smart way of Blizzard to backtrack on the affect of the AH on the game experience without officially shuttig it down. Perhaps only legendaries that are level 70 are BoA? I still think my first theory is the most likely.
  10. ZappaFan

Yeah I was only talking about the new, 60-70 Legendaries being BoA. I'm skeptical that Blizz would intend for all the current gear to become worthless. I do know they've stated a number of times that they want the finding of gear ourselves to be more important than just buying gear in the AH so, again, it might be that the new stuff is so much better than our current gear we won't care that the current gear is obsolete...
  11. FireStormNZ

Zappa I agree it doesn't seem sensible for Blizz to make all our current gear redundant but with the launch of the expansion there will be items available up to ilvl 73. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to imagine the ilvl 73 items will be better than our current ilvl 63 items.

This isn't the fallout of loot 2.0 but the impact of the launch of the expansion and character classes moving from 60 - 70.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the impact of loot 2.0 on the current economy but I think once the expansion arrives we will be tossing a lot of our current gear into the vendors pretty early into the end game.
  12. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

This raises another question for me ... What about SET ITEMS ?? Ive spent a lot of time and gold acquiring the IK set for my Barbarian. Surely they wont make the set items obsolete and add something to them to make them still viable ?? I cant see them saying all SET items are now worthless so get different gears when SET items are such a big part of the game... BTW can they PLEASE bring back low level set items like ---> Sigons...... I miss all those low level sets re-leveling my dead heroes...
  13. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Well, tbh they did already scrap the first iteration of the sets with the current versions and apart from maybe Nat's set I don't think any of the legacy sets are being used, so in honesty I wouldn't be surprised if the sets got whacked again.

It's either that or they will introduce a new collection of sets which would probably bump the current sets out of play yet again.

I mean, I've not seen too much of RoS yet, but that wizard wand they showed boosted 3k+ dps... And unless they ONLY increase dps on weapons and no single other stat in the game for items lvl 63+ you'll want those bigger values on everything.
  14. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

Hey guys

From what I have seen it seems that the bigger dps on the weapons is not just a flat increase in damage (since I don't think going from like 1100dps weapons to 3000dps weapons is reasonable, even with a 10 level difference) but also to compensate for a decrease in the reliance on crit chance and crit damage to increase dps. I am quite certain that they want to open up new gearing options, and that the newer weapons and items will roll with lower values of cc and cd but that overall dps will still be maintained at a good level to handle level 70 monsters through better base dps on weapons. This also arises from the fact that the paragon system (as it now stands) will require a LOT of points (100 points to be exact, as it is now) to put in just to get 10% crit chance and 50% crit damage in the offence tab. Maybe you consider that a lot of cc and cd for "free" but I see it as a huge investment of paragon points for something that is relatively easy to obtain on current gear.

As for sets, I believe that what is going to happen is that all current legendaries will be able to roll at level 70 (as per the level 70 puzzle ring they showed us), but with the same set bonuses (or slightly tweaked) as we get now. I would be surprised if, for instance, you find a new level 70 IK helm and it doesn't work with the other IK items that we have now to still give you the set bonuses. The difference will be that the IK helm you find will have a good chance to be much better than any IK helm that currently exists, and you will be able to use the mystic to re-roll stats on it (plus it will have a chance to roll class specific affixes as per smart drops if you find it with your barb). So the items you have now won't be total junk immediately, and set items will still work with new pieces of the set you find at higher levels, its just that over time you will replace the set pieces you have now with other higher level pieces of the same set (or switch to whatever new sets they add in addition).
  15. Grishok

Grishok IncGamers Member

Early days guys, it cannot do harm to wait a bit for more final details close to release. Blizzard can make u-turns easily, remember the talisman? Those weapon DPS might get tuned down quite a bit for all we know.
  16. Severoth

Severoth IncGamers Member

Current plans include play in the SFHC ladder that Vega setup.

Xpac plans, activate ladder, wipe everything do something to get a 100% clear start and run a 2h/shield Crusader to max paragon.

Self found of course.
  17. ClaytonH

ClaytonH IncGamers Member

True, true.

I'm just speculating based on current thinking and what they have revealed so far. There is still a long road to go.
  18. FireStormNZ

Agreed on still long to go but Blizzard has a bit of a track record of releasing expansions that could help us reach some useful judgements now - D2 and WoW both come to mind. I only played the original D2 not the expansion so I can't comment on that but from my relatively limited experience of WoW a new expansion equalled a new gear set pretty early on in the piece, hell a new pach update in the same expansion often equalled a new gear set pretty quickly (Icecrown citadel anyone?!)

For those of you who played Lord of Destruction were there any items that were top tier in the original game then still top tier in the expansion?

Ultimately until the details get firmed up this is all conjecture but I think it is still useful talking about it now so people can make more informed choices if they want too.
  19. Steven Hazani

Steven Hazani IncGamers Member

SoJ, kind of Frostburns and Magefists. That's it.
  20. Mn_Swe2

Mn_Swe2 IncGamers Member

As post on front page says right now, they will calculate your total amount of Paragon EXP (not points) into Paragon 2.0 points. So a P100 will be worth around 5 x P50.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-hears-paragon-2-0-complaints