Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3Here Again: Questions and Answers

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Jul 3, 2011. | Replies: 109 | Views: 26818

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

D3Here Again: Questions and Answers

This thread preserves the original posts from d3here.wordpress.com, and allows space for new questions to be posted, in order to receive replies from (possibly) the same individual. He will never post directly in these forums; he will read posts in this thread and send his replies to me via email. I will then quote them, unedited, into this forum thread.

Disclaimer: Diablo.IncGamers.com is not the author of these posts, nor do we provide any guarantee that they are legit or authentic, or that the individual writing them is an actual D3 play tester. They are presented entirely for entertainment value, as a service to the Diablo community. I have previously expressed skepticism as to the authenticity of the author, though I reserve the right to change my opinion as more information is revealed.

For details of what lead up to the closure of d3here.blogspot.com, see my posts in the huge thread: 225, 232, 241, 243, 248, and 264 (plus many useful fan replies in between) for info about the death of d3here.blogspot.com and the genesis of this thread.

Most of the original posts have been saved and reposted here: http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/
    That blog is not run by the same individual and any further updates on it should be considered non-canon.

The following few posts are quotes of the material that originally appeared on d3here.wordpress.com, archived here for ease of access.

2. Flux

Flux Administrator

Re: D3Here Again: Questions and Answers

Quoted from the repost at http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/diablo-3-qa/

Disclaimer: Diablo.IncGamers.com is not the author of these posts, nor do we provide any guarantee that they are legit or authentic, or that the individual writing them is an actual D3 play tester. They are presented entirely for entertainment value, as a service to the Diablo community.

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Disclaimer: Diablo.IncGamers.com is not the author of these posts, nor do we provide any guarantee that they are legit or authentic, or that the individual writing them is an actual D3 play tester. They are presented entirely for entertainment value, as a service to the Diablo community.

Quoted from the repost here: http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/d3-qa-part-2/

4. Flux

Flux Administrator

Quoted from the repost here: http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/20...iting-skeptics-to-post-your-“hard-questions”/

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

Quoted from the repost here: http://d3hereagain.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/d3-qa-4-–-extended/

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

The last post made on d3here is not archived on d3hereagain. It was made by Sum Dude in response to me (Flux) after we started speaking via email about him participating in a live chat on this site. I had to be sure the guy emailing me was the same guy updating the d3here blog. The entire post can't currently be seen in google cache, but you can read the start of it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...with-diablo-incgamers-com/&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

[​IMG]

7. Glass

Glass IncGamers Member

My magic 8 ball is telling me there will be no updates.

8. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

With all due respect Mr. Flux Sir Dude, but Bashiok flat out called it super fake.

Why does this need more attention after that?

9. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

Because it's been a highly entertaining bit of speculation.

10. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

You can thank Blizzard for the attention this thing received. If Blizzard sat down and did a Q&A once a month with fans we would have never seen something like this happen. But due to them being so tight lipped about everything it opens the door for people (like this blogger) to make a big splash.

11. Moonfrost

Moonfrost IncGamers Member

For the same reason he keeps bringing up the art "controversy", I suppose. Site views and activity.

12. Flux

Flux Administrator

Main page post about this.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/d3here-blog-gone...-but-not-entirely/

The original author, or someone who will sound more or less identical to him, is willing to continue answering questions about D3. Post them here, or in the comments on that main page post, and he'll send his replies to me, which I will repost, doing my journalist/stenographer thing.

The previous disclaimers all continue to apply, and I have not changed my personal opinion of the legitimacy of the source.

13. Xaviar

Xaviar IncGamers Member

They are too busy writing 20 pages of detailed explanations on upcoming changes for WoW every week.

To the d3here guy: If you kill a monster with a critical strike, does that change the death animation or spell effect etc?

14. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

Ah. So the Diablo drought has been spiked with anticipation for the incoming beta and Flux, being the savvy webmaster that he is, is milking the tension for all its worth.

15. permaximum

permaximum Banned

He is not milking the tension. He just does his work.... What's more important than this atm as far as D3 news goes?

16. AxeX

AxeX IncGamers Member

Until game developers pull their heads out of the asses of their publishers and PR firms, we'll always have this to keep up content.

17. Natt

Natt IncGamers Member

I find all this to be a pleasant way of wasting my time regardless of the validity of the informer :)

Q: Which class currently seems to be best at MFing (i.e. doing solo boss runs for loot)?

Q: Which class is currently hardest to kill in PvM?

Q: Did you ever run into the small demon with a big pot of gold that throws gold at you if you attack him?

Q: The legendaries you found thus far, who dropped them? Act bosses?

Q: Does the game feel "mystic"? I mean, does the plot leave anything to the imagination of the player? Do you ever find yourself pondering over unexplained mysteries connected with lore etc? (In the same way that D2 made you wonder who Tal Rasha was, or why Duriel was a freaking bug, or what the hell happened in the bloodied monastery in Act 1)

Q: Is the game as bloody and gory as D2? In D2 there would be impaled corpses and whatnot. Is D3 toned down a notch to appease angry moms and such?

18. Nojin

Nojin IncGamers Member

Skepticism questions:

1) Why do you state that faster cast rate was not in the game, when we have quotes and screenshots of this in the game?

2) Why did you only play the Wizard?

3) You said that there are no swinging traps like swinging blades, but clearly in the gameplay from Blizzcon there are swinging blades and fires (which could be considered traps) which are quite abundant in the dungeon revealed at Blizzcon 2010 (I have forgotton the name of the dungeon). What explains this contradiction?

Non-skepticism questions:

1) As a Wizard, what incentive is there for a player to use a diverse set of attack spells rather than spamming the same spell? (Aside from cool-downs and monster resistances, are there any additional reasons?)

2) Aside from runes in high level skills, act 4 quests/areas, and items, what else needs to be finished in the game? Are the skills/traits and other areas of the game polished?

3) Do you feel the game has been "dumbed-down" from what Diablo 2 was?

4) Is there any new system that replaces the Talisman/charms?

19. Xaviar

Xaviar IncGamers Member

I posted this on the diablofans forums....

20. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

Shameless self promotion there^

Just remember a pat on the back is only 16" away from a kick in the paints.