Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D3 forums the worst ever!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by nugar, Apr 27, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1316

1. nugar

nugar IncGamers Member

I reckon the D3 forums are the worst forums I've ever been on, some people frequenting them should be politicians, it seems that no matter what questions or comments that are posted, there seems to be a select few, usually the same ones that feel that it's ok to slag out those asking the questions or posting the comments, calling them stupid or retard or something similar maybe they're the leet ones that have never been noobs, always been leet as soon as they start playing games, unlike this forum where if you ask a question or post a comment, the person is respected, and the question is answered/commented on with decorum. so thanks to the guys and gals on this forum for being the best most respectful people in a forum as you can get.
  2. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I'd rather swim in a real cess pool than post on the official forums. It's much cleaner and healthier. Wittier hate here too, usually. Although that may simply be because of me posting here. :smug:
  3. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Because of your post and because this is your first post here, I'll say, welcome to the D3 forums!
  4. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Indeed, welcome to the forums!

I usually only frequent the official D3 forums to see what the latest Blue posts are and whenever I need a good laugh. You have to laugh at it otherwise you'll go crazy.
  5. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

I have never gone to the official forums for Diablo information. For D2 I went to the Arreat Summit or here. For D3, I just stay here. Flux will post the Blue posts here soon enough for me.

It seems that the official WoW orums are different though. I have gone there for information.

And welcome to these forums!
  6. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Only the GD section is troll land, but the other sections are pretty ok.
  7. Forgotten One

Forgotten One IncGamers Member

The Blizzard forums are unfortunately filled with disturbed people that conduct themselves in such a way that you genuinely question if they'd interact with people in the real world in the same way.

Most of the time the people here provide a basis for their positive or negative opinions on the game we all wish to see elevated to legendary status.
  8. Flux

Flux Administrator

I've often wondered about the Bnet forums. As you say, the WoW (and SC) ones don't seem to be so crazy. There's a lot of QQ and raging on teh WoW forums when patches nerf or buff stuff, but it seems to be more about class loyalty and game content. It's not such a crazy "**** JAY WILSON" sort of vibe like you see from the D3 forums. I suppose I should be in a position to opinion on this, but I don't know why the Diablo community seems to have so many more haters and bitter people who don't get sick of the game and go away (for instance SC2 wasn't well-received in many ways, but people just stopped following, rather than waging verbal war on the devs), but who instead stay around posting hateful stuff, on Bnet or fansites.

Obviously the JGGIFT applies to some extent -- people ***** in public forums to be seen *****ing in public forums -- but there's often an edge to the raging that seems unbalanced. Like, more than there should be over a video game that doesn't even have a monthly fee. Witness the D3 launch having a few days of overloaded servers, like virtually every other major MMORPG-esque launch ever, and the hate that generated, with Metacritic 0.7 average fan ratings and such.

Huge numbers of people were clearly WAITING to have an excuse to hate and downvote.