Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

D1/HF wiki completed. Additions requested?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Flux, Feb 14, 2009. | Replies: 6 | Views: 17554

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

D1/HF wiki completed. Additions requested?

The diablowiki is pretty much done, for D1/HF info.
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Diablo_Game

That's the main page with some basic info, and I need to write a bit more intro on it, I think. I'm also planning to incorporate some more basic strategy guides, since people could probably use info on top of that which is presented on the various character pages. Other than that...

All of the stats are listed; items, uniques, modifiers, spells, char stats, break points, monsters, bosses, quests, shrines, potions, and more. Scroll down to the bottom of that main page and you'll see all 3 nav bars for that section, with direct links to almost all of the pages. Or go to the Diablo I category for links to every single page in the section.

I'm posting this here FYI, but also to ask if anyone can think of anything else that could/should be covered. I'm not duplicating every single thing in jarulf's guide; I left out the most technical formulas/math stuff that I think goes beyond the level of general interest. Anyone who really wants to know about monster seed size and other such stuff has already got a copy of Jarulf's at hand, I suspect. But if you want more strategy or navigation changes or whatnot, speak up.
  2. Mizantrop

Mizantrop IncGamers Member

3. Flux

Flux Administrator

Re: D1/HF wiki completed. Additions requested?

I didn't call this thread "requests for content" but I'll make one anyway. I'd like to get some more screenshots into the d1 wiki. At least one good shot of every spell in the game, to be added to the entries on the d1 spellbooks page. which will probably become multiple pages at some point, since it's ridiculously long and info-dense now.

d1/hf screenshots are slightly more complicated than D2, since they're taken in .pcx format, which you need photoshop to view. Ideally you'll crop them a bit and save as jpg or gif and upload those, but even just taking the shots and putting them up in a zip, or emailing them to me, would be a help.

some more advanced strategy guides for the HF chars would be helpful too. I've been adding in various classic D1 strats lately, but other than the stuff I wrote on the character pages, I've not seen much/anything for the bard/barb/monk. Nor have i played those characters sufficiently to write advanced strategies.
  4. Devil Squid

Devil Squid IncGamers Member

That sounds awesome send me a message when its finished. Does it matter if the photo's are from the Playstation version? Let me know if I could help in any way. Peace, Squid
  5. Thorham

Thorham IncGamers Member

An easier and cheaper solution is to use IrfanView (full version is free of charge). This program supports a lot of graphics file formats, including PCX, and can convert them to more standard formats as well. It also lets you perform batch conversions quickly and easily.

If it's allowed, I'll post a link to IrfanViews website.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  6. MoonRunX

MoonRunX IncGamers Member

D1/HF wiki completed Additions requested

it should be possible to INF mod the drivers for the 6 series cards however and use them on the 5 series. Understandable move as well the FX cards are awful
  7. AntAnkh

AntAnkh IncGamers Member

Hey, Flux, you still need any of that stuff done?