Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Amulets Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Rocksin, Sep 23, 2013. | Replies: 9 | Views: 2898

1. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

Hi,

I recently started crafting with my level 95 hero. I craft caster amulets using magic amulets with ilvl equal or greater than 95. I must have crafted about 50 over the last few days, but none of them have had a fcr > 10. Am I just unlucky or am I not doing this right?
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Yep, youre just unlucky! Keep at it, and youll get there! ;)
  3. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Also, try to leave game, and make a new one.

This is not proven, but I still "believe" that the stats and choice of items depend on a seed, that is determined at each game (and other circumstances like time, 5 minute game fix?)
    Why do I "believe" this?
    - Well, when I gamble for amulets (with the same char), certain games keep popping up +skills like crazy, while other games have little to none +skills.
    - Certain games tend to drop by far more runes while running the same areas with the same character.
    - etc etc

Again, this is not proven, and most people will generally frown upon this as well as comment that the human brain "sees" patterns even when there are none (testing would require 1000 to 10000 trials per variabel changed to "proof" anything)
    But I know I skip games until I get the desired seed when I need it (when 5-10 gambles/rolls don't get me what I need, I skip, then on average 1 out of 3 gamble/roll pops up what I need)
  4. Dagaz

Dagaz IncGamers Member

Very interesting theory ... I've been wondering in that same direction (mostly about gambling, but I do tend to find runes in clusters - i.e. nothing for a long time, then some very closly together), but never gave it any real thought, let alone testing. Speaking for SP that is.
  5. Rocksin

Rocksin IncGamers Member

Must have crafted 20 more... Still havent gotten a amulet with fcr > 10. This is really strange. My hero is now level 96, and I only use amulets ilvl >= 96.
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Its not that easy to get those you know. iirc, my last batch of craft amulets, which was around 45, 5-10 ended up with 10+ fcr.
  7. UntwinkedPatriarch

UntwinkedPatriarch IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised with your seed theory.

When looking at his guide to Diablo I and Hellfire, Pedro Faria (Jarulf) noted that all the games maps and item drops (??!!) were based on a seed created when you first loaded up the game.

The programmers could have very likely used the same style of code for Diablo II as well.
  8. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Then by all means, let the conspiracy continue! ^^ (or does somebody feel like testing 10k?)
  9. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

According to inDiablo.de's affix calculator, an ilvl > 89 Caster Amulet has ~5.8559443% or ~1/17 chance of getting of the Apprentice (10 Faster Cast Rate), and ~0.588548% or ~1/170 chance of any +2 Skill Levels affix as well (~0.0840782% or ~ 1/1,190 chance for a particular class).

After crafting 70 Caster Amulets the chance of none of them getting of the Apprentice is 100 * (1-0.058559443)^70 or ~1.46%, so while you'd expect to have crafted one by now the fact that you haven't isn't exceptionally unlikely.
  10. mjkittredge

mjkittredge IncGamers Member

Bet you still got some pretty darn nice ones though!