Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Crafted Item Show Off Thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Flux, Feb 14, 2013. | Replies: 43 | Views: 28820

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Now that we've got crafted items worth crafting, how about a show off thread that follows in the footsteps of the Legendary show off thread.

You can include Hellfire Rings here as well, since if anyone ever made a thread just to show those off, I can't find it. I did a bunch of crafting on the PTR but got nothing of note, though you can see screens of the items in two news posts.

So, reply with a screen of your item if possible, and let us know how many tries it took, what it was an upgrade over, etc? Cool.

Update: Main page item strategy article breaking down the pros/cons of every recipe.
  2. Flux

Flux Administrator

I haven't crafted anything shiny yet, but a dude posted this in a thread on B.net and it's worth a marveling stare. He said it took him 12 tries to craft it, so 1.2m gold plus the mats and about 400k more in gem costs.

Makes me wish I could see the compare to my current gear when I hover on it.

[​IMG]

Ironically, he got the worst possible roll on the INT, from 201-230 range. The other stats seem to make up for that, though.
  3. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Yeah that amulet is nice and I'm gonna try to craft that for my wizard.
    I've found the new glove recipe yesterday and got an upgrade for +10k dps on my 3rd try!
    They're not the best, but they've got 306 INT, 8% crit and 36% crit damage.
  4. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Nice one Flux, tried rolling 20+ ammy and got nothing good. There goes my 5m gold :p

I'm gonna try it again when I feel lucky.

This is the type of "gambling" I want in this game, looks like D3 is getting better and better with every new patch.
  5. Chiron

Chiron IncGamers Member

Got these on my third craft:
    [​IMG]

Actually my first two had 6% CC and the second one would give me more life and over 2k more DPS but I prefer the extra resistances. Still over 4k DPS improvement over my old bracers (+more protection and about the same life). :)
  6. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

I've done quite a bit of crafting, (spent about 10m) so I wouldn't say I've gotten lucky exactly, but anyway these are my best results. Love the gloves. Only needed 3 crafts to get them. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That amulet is pretty good but not great, most of the 10m spent so far has gone to getting just that one crafted. Oh well, good thing I'm rich!

These two items took me from 64k DPS to 85k dps.
  7. Flux

Flux Administrator

We really should have a crafting no-off thread, to give more reasonable totals? Not that anyone would be motivated to post if they only made junk...

I had 60 tomes of secret on my monk after a run, so jsut for the hell of it I made 12 dex gloves. (Have thousands of tears, since I bought a ton of them right after v1.07 notes were revealed when they were still ~350 each.) And nothing. No gloves worth using, and at best 2 would have sold for maybe 500k, if they weren't BoA.

The main effect the crafting has had on me is about 25m profit selling the plans. Most of that from 3 marquise emerald plans, but lots of the item plans have gone for 500k or so as well. Str and dex shoulders, and all the non-vit amulets still have good prices, I've noted.
  8. Vanadin

Vanadin IncGamers Member

This was my very first attempt at crafting in 1.0.7.

[​IMG]

My old gloves were 70 DEX, with IAS/CC/CD but no VIT. These are only 3% less DPS, but about 13% more EHP. :)
  9. thewoodshed

thewoodshed IncGamers Member

Attempt #2, after finding the design:

[​IMG]
  10. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Well, considering that gloves like that sell for at least 500 million I'd say you got lucky!
  11. RazeBarb

By now I have crafted:
    -Amulet of Intelligence
    -Razorspikes of Intelligence
    -Archon Gloves of Intelligence
    -Archon Spaulders of Intelligence

I've got an upgrade between 3-15 crafts (The amulet was the only one that took me 10+ tries to get an upgrade).
    Those new items gave me overall +26k dps, a bit of life and res. It's awesome. It feels so satisfying. I'll definitely try to craft even better stuff!

Haven't tried the Archon armor yet because I'm using Tal Rasha's for the +9% IAS. Can IAS even roll on the crafted chestpiece?
  12. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

Made these mofos after a few tries :)
  13. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

Nope. I'm fairly certain that for the purposes of increasing damage, you're hoping for mainstat on the chest and nothing else. All the damage affixes don't roll standard on chests (+dmg, crit chance, crit damage, IAS, etc.).
  14. RazeBarb

Thanks, I thought so.
    No need to craft the Archon Armor, then.
    Too bad they don't let us craft ilvl63 Helmets.
  15. plant

plant IncGamers Member

edit: nvm can't upload
  16. pootietang

pootietang IncGamers Member

17. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Whoa, I guess you're right. I hadn't even thought of the market value.

I'm also starting to realize how lucky I was after crafting about 20 INT gloves and getting absolute garbage.
  18. NightCraweler

NightCraweler IncGamers Member

I used up 2-3 stacks of tears didn't gt anything for my wiz:( though I did get these for my wd
    for w/e reason I my pic ain't posting:S so I'll just link to my wd
  19. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

About this ammy: I had 15 shots at it and the very last one was the one I just posted. I have a friend, conversely, who has crafted over 100+ Int ones and not gotten lucky. I advised him to go with a Tal's instead for all that trouble, haha.

I haven't posted/been active on the forums in a long time. Mostly been just reading here and there sporadically and waiting for updates to the game. 1.0.7 renewed my interest in the game though and I like all of the changes enough. The crafting is a nice option while you also maintain the item farming and paragon leveling.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  20. diabloiiii

diabloiiii IncGamers Member

3rd try a charm!!