Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Coworkers that don't pay attention

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DoomBoy, Dec 11, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 786

1. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

After a year of pointing out the mistakes to her, she still does not care to look over her paperwork. I spoke to my manager about it. I made a point to write emails to her, on the advice of my manager...and it looks like she is scheming with her team mate to mess up the operations team.

Or maybe I am just tired, cranky and plain old tired.

gratz
  2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The best way would probably be to resolve the matter peacefully, but I don't know enough about the situation, so my current suggestion is to mix a vomitive or purge into her coffee... or better, both of it.
  3. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

California, right? State employee? Abandon hope.

I have a supply clerk who has lied outright to me on more than one occasion, would fail an IQ test that a sack of hammers would pass, and yet at best she'll be put on a "Performance Improvement Plan" by her supervisor (who's trying to get rid of her for over 2 years).

She claimed that I needed to sign an equipment order as having received the item already. This because she knows that she's too feckin' lazy and careless to do it the right way.
  4. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Or perhaps she's ignoring you because you aren't her boss and she doesn't want you to appear senior to her. Purposefully ignoring you, might let her feel like she's bucking your seniority.

Is this person being lazy, or actually unethical/purposefully hurting the team? If she's just lazy, you probably can't do anything but use email to CYA. If she's purposefully detracting from the team, or sabotaging your work, then let the manager know that.

If you really need her gone, find out what IS a fireable offense that you can work with. Perhaps the boss is big on attendance and something finds it's way into her gas tank every two weeks, or perhaps these convenient mysterious automotive mishaps always seem to coincide with things she would like to do outside of work. Perhaps said schedule of things this coworker likes to do outside of work finds it's way to mr. manager's desk, with highlights on specific days she was not able to attend work.

If you're going to be a terrible person and destroy this person, you just have to nudge your manager towards thinking this person causes more hassle than they solve, and suddenly there will be new scrutiny on them. their lazy ways will take care of the rest.
  5. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

Doomy!! haven't seen you in a while! :D :wave:

I hope things get better. :/ that sucks. You've reported her to a manager. anyone else you can report her to? Another manager you have a good relationship with?
  6. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

wow, you got 12k posts! that is impressive!

yeah, she is just being lazy. for the time being, this issue has been partially resolved...after a year of telling her the mistakes. so ridiculous.
  7. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Managing well is apparently beyond a lot of peoples ability
  8. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

I'm confused. I thought this thread was about wranglers and maybe butchers? This is all wrong.
  9. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

Corax didn't make a post in this thread... :scratchchin:

Thanks, Doomy!! ^^