Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Couple IAS breakpoint questions

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by zaphodbrx, Feb 20, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 3056

1. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Asking this here because the titanseal calc has proved to be unreliable about these matters in the past and other threads are hard to understand.

1. Frenzy barb. Main: ebotd zerker. Offhand: death zerker
    What is off weapon ias needed for 5fpa?

2. Wolfbarb. Main: grief pb. Offhand: beast zerker
    What off/on weapon ias needed for 5fpa?

Thnx.
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Depends on what skill you are using.
  3. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

Well that would be frenzy for frenzy barb and feral rage for wolfbarb ofcourse.

Anyway I tried it out for myself
    grief pb 31 ias feral and 2shael pb ( 40 ias ) feral looks the same, putting beast in offhand doesn't change it either, it looks like 5fpa.

similarly the frenzy barb also looks like 5 fpa with the equipment I'm using (55 off weapon ias, botd death zerkers ).
  4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

For frenzy, off-weapon IAS is irrelevant for dual-fighting, only the base speed is a factor. That means, use the weapon with more IAS as primary weapon - which is BotD for your barb. If it's the same speed in either case, use the bigger damage weapon as primary for PvM and the one with the bigger range in PvP.

BTW, I prefer colossus blades to BAs on barbs, even though they are a small bit slower. BAs look silly on them and big swords make a cooler sound when being swung IMO.

I don't know enough about melee assasins to give you funded advice.
  6. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

It depends on Frenzy skill level:

Code:
    LEVEL   SKILL IAS   OFF-WEAPON IAS
    ----------------------------------
    20-21       42            99
    22-23       43            95
    24-26       44            92
    27-30       45            89

Those values are derived from TitanSeal's script (you need to be(come) a member of inDiablo.de to download it), and quickly verified in game.

TitanSeal's attack speed calculator is accurate for Feral Rage when it hits, with the 5 frame breakpoint at 31 weapon IAS with level >3 Werewolf. The breakpoint is the same when it misses, but a miss has the same attack speed as a standard Attack (7 frames). Thus average attack speed = (5 * chance to hit) + (7 * chance to miss), so with 95% chance to hit it's (5*0.95) + (7*0.05) or 5.1 frames per attack.

Secondary weapon IAS is only irrelevant for Frenzy if the primary weapon misses: when the primary weapon hits (the chance of which any player will strive to maximise), then secondary weapon IAS is relevant. See the Potential Calculator Inaccuracy for Frenzy Attack Speed thread for more details (particularly this post).

The attack speed calculator is only accurate for Frenzy when the primary weapon misses, or when both weapons have identical weapon speed and weapon IAS. Otherwise, the script linked above is needed to calculate Frenzy's attack speed accurately.