Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

could someone explain to me the "diablo/baal party?"

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by werepipe, Sep 22, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 1090

1. werepipe

werepipe IncGamers Member

and why it's the ideal, legitimate method to leveling?

as the topic suggest, i'm afraid i'm a bit dense on the concept. wouldn't killing diablo and baal solo, assuming any and all scenarios take place in 8-player games, yield the most exp?
  2. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

Well there aren't enough games to just log onto bnet, join a 7 player game, solo diablo or baal, and exit the game to look for the next one. With that option off the table, you can either kill them in single player games, or try to get a baal group going for group xp. The latter choice yields more xp, so people do that.

I think some people probably own 8 copies of D2, create their own 8 player realm game, and solo diablo or baal. dont know for sure, or even if it is possible.
  3. werepipe

you're right, there really aren't enough (public) games to hit and run diablo/baal. however, i'm not sure that answers my question. in a thread about leveling, butchie writes:

emphasis is mine. 2.) refers to the "diablo party" and 3.) "baal party" (dp and bp on european servers, lol).

so my question is why is this preferred over just letting the guy solo kill d and b?
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

At high levels the majority of your experience will come from Baal/Diablo/Nihl, because they're higher levels than everything else. Killing them in a game with more people yields more exp.
  5. werepipe

i appreciate the input but am still quite curious

why is it recommended to form two parties (three players + you kill diablo, then four players of the highest level + you kill baal)?
  6. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Ive done the 2 team > dia seal + Baal throne setup. With nihla solo.

And its for sure the best strategy between 97-99.

I actually got a lvl 99 Amazon many years ago with that strategy.

Speed.
    If you can do 19-20 games/hours, you get the most xp. Without (hopefully) get a temp ban.

Iirc, my team had me get Dia+Nihla+Baal killed for myself, in less than 3:15. Which is very fast! ;)
  7. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

It is a faster way to level, but it requires a dedicated team that is well geared and knows what they're doing, and they are spending a lot of their time to help one person level.
  8. werepipe

wow, didn't realize it was that simple. thought maybe there might've been some lesser known experience mechanic at play but that makes sense in the context of rushing a character from 1 to 99 on a fresh ladder or if the character has a hard time tangoing with the prime evils.

thnx archone! and a very late congraties on your legit 99.