Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Could I get a hosting check?

Discussion in 'MP Forum' started by smilts, Oct 17, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2548

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Just seeing if i can host without hamachi... 1.13 sc normal

2. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Cannot connect. Sorry didn't see it sooner.
  3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Its alright I left it up for a long time but mp'ed with Jason. Thnx for trying.
  4. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

To host without MPing, you need to set up port forwarding on your modem/router (for many people they are combined into one device). Diablo II uses ports 4000 and 6112-6119. My modem has Diablo II (and many other common games) as a preset, so it was dead simple. Perhaps yours will too.

The guts of it is that you need to enable inbound traffic on ports 4000 and 6112 for TCP, and ports 6112-6119 for UDP (I don't think this last one is really necessary).

For more information, check out www.portforward.com.

To find your external IP (aka WAN IP), most likely your modem will tell you. If not, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/.
  5. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

sadly my Router, is next door at my parents house. I have the dishonor of living next to to my parents, yes.
  6. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

You technically don't need physical access to the router in order to enable port forwarding, you just need to log in to the settings page through your browswer. Every router has a default ip (D-Link and Linksys (the two most common) are 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1). You should be able to type the ip into your browser to access the settings. Depending on if they set up a password or not you may need that but the default is login: admin password: password or password1. Port forwarding is most likely under the advanced settings so just take a look around for that.
  7. coju

coju IncGamers Member

If those aren't the default admin/password, a nice search of something along the lines of 'default password for netgear router' normally works
  8. Jason Maher

Jason Maher IncGamers Member

Just had a giggle at someone trying to set up port forwarding physically "where is that damned port 4000... I can't find it anywhere!?"
  9. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I only have to have access to get the IP, there out of town currently though. I dont go in there house lol. I highly doubt they set a Password up however.