Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Corpse Shatter on Death

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DemonicRiver, Nov 2, 2005. | Replies: 7 | Views: 424

1. DemonicRiver

DemonicRiver IncGamers Member

Corpse Shatter on Death

I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. I'd like it if every single thing I killed shattered when it died (well, mainly anything that gets revived). It happens once in a while with my strafer, but I'm not sure how its decided. I wear a ravenfrost ring and have a few damage charms. Would having more of these increase the odds of shattering?
    DR.
  2. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I'm quite positive on this piece of knowledge: 1/3 of the corpses shatter if they die when chilled (slow moving) and all of them shatter if they die when frozen (not moving at all).
  3. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

I belive it's 1/4 of the chilled ones, but perhaps i'm wrong.
  4. Summoned

Summoned IncGamers Member

Strafe with a buriza do-kyanon, a.k.a. the noob cannon (1.09 term), the buriza, burrito cannon, the unique ballista, etc. You'll shatter a lot more monsters.
  5. DemonicRiver

given that, the longer they stay chilled, the more likely they will be chilled when they die, right? and each cold damage charms adds 1 second of freezing, correct?
  6. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

If you kill a monster while it's chilled (moving slower and turning blue) there is a 1/4 chance that it will shatter. If you kill a monster while it is completly frozen (cannot move/attack at all) it will always shatter. The freeze lenght has nothing to do with it.
  7. DemonicRiver

I know the length has nothing to do with it. But if I hit a monster and it stays frozen for 1 second, what are the chances of my strafer hitting it again before the freeze wears off. However if it stayed frozen for 3 or more seconds, it would be much more likely. Unless I am completely missing the point. Right?
  8. Llathias

Llathias Banned

ahh, and there's also the fact that your killing shot (not that of merc/valk though) will carry cold dmg as well. I don't know if that carries before the monster dies though. (and if you're using a holy freeze merc, it also chills critters as long as they're in range of his aura).