Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Conflagration is now Ghost Bomb

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by pcguy, Mar 28, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1669

1. pcguy

pcguy IncGamers Member

Conflagration is now Ghost Bomb

Conflagration was a Fire Bomb variation that extended the original skill's radius to 28 yards. The new skill, Ghost Bomb, has kept the radius, but the skill's description has been altered slightly.

"In addition to the base explosion, the skull creates a larger blast that deals an additional 20% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 28 yards."

This description can be read in two ways depending on your interpretation of "additional."

Either the skill now does:
    - An enhanced 105% weapon damage in a 28 yard radius

- An enhanced 105% weapon damage in an 8 yard radius, but only 20% weapon damage in a 20 yard radius around the original 8 yards.

- The original 85% weapon damage in an 8 yard radius, but only 20% weapon damage in a 20 yard radius around the original 8 yards.

I believe it will be the one of the latter. It is more realistic to me that the epicenter of the explosion would do more damage than the outer layer. I am hoping for the second variation, though. I really want that 105% damage.

Another argument is the text, "In addition to the base explosion." This text is unneeded unless we are talking about two separate explosions with two separate damage numbers. If it is indeed 105% weapon damage over 28 yards, the description is unnecessarily complicated and should read, "The radius of the skill extends to 28 yards and the explosion deals 105% weapon damage."

Which interpretation do you follow and why?
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. WD pimpin summons

WD pimpin summons IncGamers Member

Re: Conflagration is now Ghost Bomb

Impossible to tell by this vague tooltip.
  3. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

It's funny, but I think this is one of the clearer tooltips that the devs have written.

The "In addition to the base explosion" part makes it clear, the skill will still do 85% weapon damage in a 8 yard radius and then do another 20% in a 28 yard radius. This will most likely mean two separate damage numbers in the epicenter of the explosion, which is important for crits and other bonuses.

What I'm saying is that it will be the second variation.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  4. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

This was what I immediately assumed when I first read the tooltip, but now that you posted those other explanations, I can see why it could be interpreted in other ways.

I guess I assumed that that's the correct interpretation since it'd be in line, power-wise with the other runes :p. I don't think they'd make it so much drastically stronger, especially since it's a Primary attack now.