Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Combos, Spirit/Passive skills, and other specific Monk questions!

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Such Violent Storms, Mar 26, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 1548

1. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Combos, Spirit/Passive skills, and other specific Monk questions!

Earth Ally - "Imbue the ally with the essence of earth. Maximum Life for you and the ally is increased by 10%. The ally also gains the ability to create a wave of earth, dealing 60% of your weapon damage as Physical to a single enemy and forcing that enemy to attack the ally for 3 seconds."

-- How does this work in PvP? Can a player struck by its wave of earth only target the ally for 3 seconds?

Air Ally - "Imbue the ally with the essence of air. Every attack made by the ally has a 2% chance to generate 100 Spirit for you. In addition, the ally is surrounded in a torrent of wind that deals 10% of your weapon damage per second as Physical to all nearby enemies."

-- My hunch is that the 2% chance rolls each time the ally normal attacks, with the base 40% from the original skill, not for each hit of the 10% damage per second torrent. Is this correct?

Way of the Hundred Fists
    Hands of Lightning - "Increases the number of hits in the second strike from 7 to 10."

-- So in total, this is 12 (1+10+1) strikes. At 6 Spirit per attack, that's 72 spirit from one use of this skill? This seems like a ton.
    -- I'm having trouble believing each of the 12 hits would deal 140% damage, as that would be 1680% damage in a very short time span. So am I correct in saying that the first hit does 140%, then the middle 10 hits divide up another 140%, and the final hit deals 140%, for 3 sets of 140% to total of 420%?

Blazing Fists - "Critical Hits increase your attack speed and movement speed by 5% for 5 seconds. This effect can stack up to 3 times."

-- Assuming that if a critical hit is scored, the countdown time resets back up to 5 seconds.
    -- Such that if you could get at least one critical hit per 5 seconds, this effect could be maintainable.

Guiding Light (Passive) - "Whenever you use a direct heal skill on another player you and the other player deal 16% more damage for 15 seconds."

-- Is this only players or can I gain the benefit by healing a Mystic Ally, for instance?

I may think of more later. Thanks for reading!

2. Autti

Autti IncGamers Member

Re: Combos, Spirit/Passive skills, and other specific Monk questions!

Cant answer a PvP question as we have no info.

Air ally: yes i would presume so, as the torrent of wind is just a form on constant damage and not a "hit" so to speak.

Hands of Lightning: it hasn't been revealed what the second strike does, but from videos it definitively doesn't generate spirit per hit, just the 6 spirit for the one "strike", so 6 spirit for the first phase 6 for the second etc etc. As for damage, the second strike of 7 hits isn't 140% damage per hit, as in the videos the monk would killed everything during the second strike, its 140% damage for the whole strike, just spread over 7 hits, so i presume the increase to 10 will just be a damage increase for the second strike.

3. Such Violent Storms

Such Violent Storms IncGamers Member

Re: Combos, Spirit/Passive skills, and other specific Monk questions!

That's what I thought too for WotHF, and that also an increase from 7 to 10 hits, especially in the same framerate of the whole 2nd strike animation, yields more chances to proc criticals/other on-hit things.

I also don't know if the 2nd strike from WotHF is like Zeal from D2, in that it can strike adjacent targets, or if it's just single-target.