Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Christmas Stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Dec 2, 2012. | Replies: 138 | Views: 5826

1. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Well it's December 1st - we got our tree and put up lights on the House today.
    Had the grandkids by to "Help" and such.

Anyway this is the thread for all your X-mas stuff

:D
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

What am I supposed to put here? Is this one of those crappy gift exchanges or something?
  3. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

may this thread burn like a yule log with you in it
  4. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

I'm fixing to burn a Gävle goat this year.

Most likely I'll put people in it first :nod:
  5. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

I hate Christmas. Nothing good ever comes of it. It's the season of breaking up, contracts ending, my family being more idiotic and patronizing than usual. Falalalalala off.
    Not to spoil anyone else's christmas, I am leaving my land and visit a friend who's not very christmassy either, spend time with his family who for some reason do like me around and who do one nice christmas dinner without the compulsary arguing.
    Fortunately, Santa is not popular in this country so I haven't felt the urge to club one over the head with his own bell for calling me a ho 3 times.
  6. Ash Housewares

double ho, sure, triple ho, everyone dies!
  7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You already have your tree? We put it up at Christmas Eve here, not any earlier. Putting up lights is OK, although I for myself don't have any of that kind of Christmas stuff. You have grandchildren, however, so if there's somebody to make happy with it, then it's an entirely different thing.
  8. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

I guess Bob and I are the only one to enjoy Xmas winter festivities? :dontknow:

Last weekend, we put the lights up at my brother's. We finished most of it, still have some things to do here and there. He put the tree up but it has no ornaments and no lights. He actually might be doing that right now. >.>

Last Xmas sucked, not going to lie. Actually, it was ruined before it even got here and it was my fault so... let's not go digging, eh? :D This year will be different! And even though I know it's not for everyone and it gets annoying and what not... I actually enjoy this time of year. Yes, people are absolute idiots, but that happens all year round. People are also greedy all year round it just happens that we see more of it around this time because of all the sales. I enjoy *****ing about it any time and being continuously awed at how crazy our civilization has come, how we are continuously evolving into moronic, greedy, a-holes and how we are all on this "WANT WANT WANT. NEED NEED NEED" drive. Okay, maybe it's Americans, idk about other countries.

Wow, that was a tangent! Anyways I enjoy this time of year. I like the festiveness. And when it gets cold (it was damn near 80F today!). I love (most) of the decor, but mainly I love the lights. I like being around family and what few friends I have and this year i have a tiny nephew that needs to be spoiled yet educated. If I can't get gifts for anyone else, at least he is getting one. Actually three. A duck puppet, a Sesame Street book about going to sleep, and The Tale of Peter Rabbit. who's the best tía ever? Me. :smug:
  9. krischan

I usually try to avoid people as much as possible. The less I have to depend on them, the less I have to care about their character for flaws, so I can concentrate on enjoying or suffering from mine :D. I need a certain minimum of social interaction, of course, but that's nothing for which I have to participate in that Christmas madness.

I prefer to visit the relatives at Christmas (there's a fixed procedure in the family) and have a nice time between Christmas and the new year, preferably in solitude or while having people at a certain distance... like in internet forums :D
  10. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Tree for Dredd

[​IMG]
  11. LozHinge the Unhinged

By hoary Nodens, that's a great tree, Bob! I'd totally do Christmas if I had a tree like that.
  12. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

In the US, Xmas starts in mid september, and ends a few weeks into january. The only reason I am able to survive the holiday without going postal is that this roughly coincides with Football season, which I think was invented specifically for this purpose. Woe to the Xmas haters whose teams don't make the playoffs.

Dmac's GF has decorated my entire house, in the gaudiest, tackiest way possible. the inside of my house is covered in garland, lights flashing in different patterns, there's a fake tree--which BTW still drops "leaves". At this rate, it'll be nothing but a wire frame by christmas. Even worse, she's already announced that she has purchased me presents, so now i'm obligated to get her presents. At least the nativity scene appears to be from a full set. There's nothing tackier than replacing a wise man with a lego turban man or ninja turtle. Anyway, to avoid epileptic shock, I'll be hiding in my room to avoid the flashing at night.
  13. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

Yes, I forgot about that. It's a very annoying song, I agree.
  14. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Yup, because world is going to end!
  15. Leopold Stotch

I'm totally going to go to your house and socially interact with you. I may even touch your face and hold your hand. OOOOH. Exciting! :cloud9:

;rolf: and that's what we are for! To ruin and decorate your house with gaudy Xmas decorations and make the house smell like pine! ^_^ I'm sure it's not that bad, Steve. Quit being a baby! *head smack*

oh, yeah. I totally forgot about that. Well... guess it's time for me to load up on the sex. Where's my manly friend? :scratchchin:
  16. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

I usually prefer to go along to get along, but that doesn't mean i can't ***** about it on the intarwebs where she'll never see it. :)

Anyway, speaking of wars on christmas, Jonathon Stewart had a good sketch. I laughed anyway.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/jon-stewart-fox-news-war-on-christmas-video_n_2237279.html

Jmerv, you probably shouldn't click on that, lest we derail the thread. It's just a typical Stewart rant....
  17. Leopold Stotch

Joke, Stevinator, joke. Like the next paragraph!

After I get done holding Kris's hand I'm going to go to our house and make your room smell like pine and hang lights, frost your windows, put a snowman on your desk.

lol, was actually talking about that with a friend of mine yesterday. He's not going to decorate his new apt. for Xmas, but we joked about how he could just buy some lights, wad them up, plug them up outside and leave them on the ground, say, "There. That's my decoration. Merry ****ing Christmas!"
  18. krischan

I'm fine with doing things that way around.
  19. LozHinge the Unhinged

Kris, that was all code for ... uh, stuff. You have no idea what you just signed up for!

:wine:

Boy, will his face (and other bits) be red. :yes:
  20. Ash Housewares

I'm not overly christmassy, but vivi's scrooginess is pushing me that way, enough to listen to Wham anyway

and make up words