Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Chinese Farmers Destorying The US And EU Economy

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Enlil, Apr 7, 2012. | Replies: 31 | Views: 6122

1. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Chinese Farmers Destorying The US And EU Economy

Hey People

I was woundering what people think about the Chinese farmers playing on the US and EU RMAH.
    The impact of this could be devestating and will drive prices down to $1.50 for top end inferno items due to flooding the market.

There is nothing blizz can do to stop this. I fear the RMAH will be worthless with everthing at minimun listing price in a matter of weeks or months.

It is more profitable for the Chinese farmers to play on the EU and US RMAH and exchage that money for Yuan via paypal, plus the wealth of europe and america means more money in the ecomomy for those regions on the RMAH.
    What are your thoughts ?
  2. Pheal

Pheal IncGamers Member

Re: Chinese Farmers Destorying The US And EU Economy

Why would it destroy the market? Sure there will be more items, but they are random. There is a maximum % of efficiency that they will be able to achieve (nothing we can't achieve with luck) and random drops will make it less worthwhile than another game. Diablo 3 will mostly be gear dependent, I don't see the farmers equipping themselves with top end gear (remember that they aren't paid a lot). They would also have to register a different paypal account for each diablo 3 account (or farmer). Imo it will be too hard for gold farming industries to get set up properly. The market availability will be so huge that all the undercutting drops they will do will only do a pinch in the prices. This will allow non-farmers to get mats very cheap if you get to see when they will be dropping everything in the AH. Other than that, I wouldn't worry. The real issue is bots really, since anyone can run them (but that's blizz job to try to make it right), because not everyone has chinese farmer blood (lol).

3. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Yes thats all very true, guess I'm just scared the market will fail for what ever reason and good items and and commities will not hold a decent real money worth.
    As I and I'm sure many other want to make a decent amount of money from our farming efforts.

Bots are a big concern, I just hope blizz invests money into smar employess to look after this issue and see its stamped out.

Ok, I'll just chill about it. Can't wait till the 15th and clicking the AH button to see prices, commitie values and bids.

So exciting :yes:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  4. BZK

BZK IncGamers Member

Chinese farmers will not have that much influence on the items market. Assuming we are talking about chinese farmers and not bot farming manage by people. What farmers will probably do is farm gold with MF in the hardest difficulty they are confortable in not dying ever.

Gold farmers should not flood the RMAH with items but with gold, with the flat fee they have no incentive to decrease item price in a server size scale and they will probably just boost the gold market by making gold from the RMAH really cheap.
    Example: Oh sweet with 10 € I can get 800.000 gold and buy myself 2 piece of tal'rasha set in the gold auction house.

That is if we are talking about gold farmers. If bots get release and used by a lot of people it will absolutely crash the RMAH. Botters will just not care and bot 24/7, filtering nice set or legendary items to post in addition to the gold they make. Even farming 1st act of hell with a bot in an easy area will provide constant materials and gold income for a botter and it doesn't need a high risk high reward zone, just a confortable steady one.
  5. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

The problem with that is it means top gear sets would only be worth $10.
    Whos going to pay $100 for it on the RMAH when they can buy the gold required to purchase the set from the GAH for $10

6. Noomba

Noomba IncGamers Member

Man I wish the best gear in D2 was $1.50 when I used to play.

In other words, doubt it.
  7. Pheal

Pheal IncGamers Member

In d2, items could go for high amounts because the farming industries and bots said so (because regular players couldn't get a hold on them since they were too rare). Since this will be a free market, the prices won't be regulated as such and there will be much more people posting items (which you couldn't do in d2 unless you had a 3rd party site). People need to get the idea that items will sell for more than 10$ out of their head. Might happen at launch, but like max 3-4 months after release nothing should go higher than 10$ (and probably way less). If it's worth more than 10$ it's gonna be perfect and something farmers won't be able to get easily. And you could see it that way, there's way more people that are willing to buy an item for 10$ than one for 100$ so you get more odds to sell your item in a market like this since not everyone has 100$ upfront to spend on a single item (would you rather have 10 items at 10$ or 1 at 100$?).

8. Baalat

Baalat IncGamers Member

C'mon, cheaper items for everyone!

Anyways most US and EU companies are outsourcing its manufacturing in Asia right? The result is cheaper stuff for everyone, while destroying the US and EU local companies, and destroying jobs, but who doesn't like a cheap smartphone, right?

/sarcasm off
  9. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

Makes me laugh after reading these comments of nothing selling for more than $10 lol
    People such as "Markco" you know that guy ! are saying $1000 a month. Will we just have to see what happens on release.

So there is argument on both sides of the money making issue.
    But I'm sure we will all be surprised when looking at the RMAH. I cant wait.:scratchchin:
  10. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

Care to define what you consider to be "destroyed" in terms of an economy? Cause you seem to be implying that somehow a market where you have to compete with other people selling things is unfair to you as a seller? The amount of people saying they will be selling to the ah dwarfs the amount that say they will buy from it- its going to be a buyers market, period.
  11. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Chinese farmers etc will not harm the top-end-item economy. They will very likely impact the commodities and gold markets though.

Why? Two reasons.
    1) Gold farmers usually use several dozen bots controlled by 1 person as it is too expensive to hire actual people to play the characters themselves. Any bot in Diablo 3 will not work in Inferno (or maybe even hell) due to difficulty and need for quick reactions and skillful play. Writing a bot that can be as skillful as a person is impossible by a longshot. In MMO's its different, the environments are static, the gameplay is slow and its almost turn-based combat. This is easy to code, as you can simply queue up abilities for the bot to use against 1 monster at a time. Diablo 3 is the polar opposite.

2) Chinese farmers are typically not that skillful at actual gameplay. This is because they don't actually "play" the game, they farm the game. There is a big difference. Inferno in D3 requires extensive use of both build skill, gameplay skill AND building up gear progression. This means that Chinese farmers will simply not enter inferno, and instead farm for gold and magics in the easier difficulties.
  12. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Always happy to read some of Azzure's insights :p.

Is it REALLY more profitable for Chinese gold farmers to do their farming on NA/EU servers? And how extensive do you guys think the spread of the gold farmers on NA/EU will be?
  13. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

What wealth? There is only so called "Greek wealth" in the EU and in the US.

14. Karpalo

Karpalo IncGamers Member

That really depends. If high end content is challenging enough that's off limits for Chinese farmers. I think it will or would mostly affect articles like gold and gems by inflating their prices.

15. Blackstream

Blackstream IncGamers Member

This is yet another reason I'm against inferno tier items dropping in hell that can be turned into inferno mats.

16. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm IncGamers Member

Yeah, because it certainly would NOT be because of bad game design choices. It's those OTHER guys is why come dat econermy is fail.
    /sarcasm

No, it won't be because of Chinese gold farmers.

17. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

take a look at the bots doing public baal runs and rethink what you said about reflexes and skillfulness. however long it took to hone, the results are positively amazing.

granted, in the hands of an incompetent player, a bot will always be just as incompetent. eg I just got through swtor, there were people botting by having a herd of alts camp chests across the open world, standing in place, right clicking the air until it spawned- absolutely pathetic. doubly so because the in game currency was completely worthless in that game, and their method of gaining gold wasnt even effective.
  18. jamesL

jamesL IncGamers Member

yeah, it totally devastates me (as a consumer) that I have to pay low prices
    oh no, what am I going to do ?

19. DexA

DexA IncGamers Member

Its nice to have low prices in the real world obviously, but in a game which is all about items it really is devastating to the experience if the top gear is something you can get without much effort. There is nothing to strife for in that case and everyone has the best stuff, now where is the fun in that?

20. Enlil

Enlil IncGamers Member

My point exactly.
    Top end items need to have a decent sale price and remain desirible amoung players.
    If you can buy great gear or a fortune in gold for $10, there is no game as everyone will have everything easy.