Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chars you just can't play

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by LordCinos, Feb 19, 2006. | Replies: 26 | Views: 1375

1. LordCinos

LordCinos IncGamers Member

Chars you just can't play

Are there any? I personally have a hard time playing others than the Necromancer, and here's why...

1. I can't play as a female character. I like to incorporate a little roleplaying, and it doesn't work with a different gender. Assassin, Sorc, Amazon out.

2. Nobody who is an idiot or a do-gooder. Barbarian, Paladin out.

This leaves us the Druid, which the the only character along with the Necro that I can bring myself to play as. Similar problems? :laugh:
  2. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I cant play as the assassin, I have just always hated her skill sets.
  3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

I can't bring myself to play the Barb. I don't know why, I made one before and I just didn't like it.
  4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I play with all the chars, but I like casters more so I a lot more casters and ranged chars than melee chars.
  5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I can't play hammerdins.
    There's just something about using the most popular character, I can't do it. I never made a warrior/monk in Guild Wars either.
  6. Invertedpanda

Invertedpanda IncGamers Member

I dunno.. I usually can't play dull common builds. Not because I don't have the ability, I just don't LIKE to. I like to have a little flavor with my characters. Take, for instance, my latest - a high def sorc. 10+ in shiver armor, the rest in the lightning tree/FO. Courpsemourn for armor, along with a defiance merc and high def gear. I like characters that either have lots of minions, or have good killing or tank powers.
  7. marcello

marcello Banned

assasins, have some problems with necros to, not to mention wind druids, just can't play them.
  8. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I wouldn't say that I can't play any certain sort of character, but I find that I get extremely bored of almost any one-trick pony build. Pure hammerdins are entertaining, but I can't play them just to have fun, they're only useful for doing things. I'm currently building several one trick ponies - a frenzy barb, fury druid, bone necro, and orb sorc. All I expect will do well, and I also expect I will delete every last one before long, because I need something that does multiple things.
  9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

any necro
    any sorc
    any druid
    any assasin

-melee assasins require godly gear to barely get by in pvm, trappers are boring
    -sorcs are one trick ponies that are only good for mf
    -necros are generic summoners or casters except they require godly gear if a caster
    -shapeshift druids are boring, elemental druids are everywhere

all casters suck, all +skill item dependent, wow how fun......
  10. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus IncGamers Member

I can't play any summoners at all, sitting back while they do everything is INCREDIBLY boring.

I've also never gotten an Amazon higher than level 20; The low level skills just never seemed to be enough. ...but then again, I've killed Ancients with a sorceress using only level 2 glacial spike and static
  11. Invertedpanda

Invertedpanda IncGamers Member

Regarding sorcs: I disagree. I've got a lvl 64 lightning/FO/high def/CE (thanks to Corpsemourn) sorc that is a blast to play. Plus, you've got enchantresses, ES sorcs, and more..

Regarding necros: I've got a pnb necro at lvl 68 that has no problems even with poor gear. For example, he still uses a normal twitch for armor, and could easily just go naked. The most expensive piece of gear he has is a homunculus. I've got a summoner at lvl 85 that plays wearing ptopaz'd normal armor and a gull dagger :) Pretty much all my characters except for my sorc use gear that they found on their own, for the most part.

Regarding casters in general: My sorc has only +4 to skills, soon to be +6. It'll end out at +7. I never use any skiller charms on my characters.

To be "godlike", sure, you'd want to have quality gear. That isn't necessary to have fun, however.
  12. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

For some weird reason I just cant play amazons. Maybe because they have cellulite.
  13. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

1 class i never got into was the druid. I've made a windy (boring.) and that sucked.

Fire druid is quite fun, but just not viable for good PvM purposes.

Hammerdins are good, if not overpowered for PvM, that's why I hate using it.

Strafe/LF hybridzon is the way to go!
  14. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I am benevolent, and like all characters the same.

Ok, I am not, but I do play all 7 classes.
  15. Eternium

Eternium IncGamers Member

All varieties of Assassin seem pretty dull to me. I really dislike Paladins, on principle, and would never play one for fun, but I'm too poor to make any other uberkilling character. I wouldn't play a Sorc for fun either, unless I had enough wealth to make some weak builds viable. Zons get old after leveling to 80.

I really like summoners of any kind, and monstrous tanks like barbs and shape-shifters.
  16. crunkinator

crunkinator IncGamers Member

i like to make uncommon characters mostly for pvm, i like to make melee most but pally's are way to expensive, n there is only two types of barbs that are good are there are tons of each, so it brings me to make a wwsin mwhha
  17. crunkinator

crunkinator IncGamers Member

oh how true is that! and each character you make can make u richer, forges are the root to all wealth!
  18. miroba

miroba IncGamers Member

ever since i started necros were my favorite character. at first i didnt like sorcys cuz they seemed boring, but eventually i played on and i rather liked it. this happened with all the charcters ive played. i saw a character ive never played, didnt like it, eventually played it, and loved it. this goes with some exceptions though.
  19. King of Z

King of Z IncGamers Member

I play all cept for assasin. Who wants to lay traps (reminds me of a farm without a good cat), and charging up moves is too slow action for me. I just simply find them not up to my standards. The only thing I like about them is the "Shadow Warrior" summon that uses its own skills. Good idea for skill I think.
  20. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I can't play Druids, they just look way to gay for my taste (esp. in chatroom).
    Also kinda bored when it comes to necros.