Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Chaos vs Diablo Drops

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Gladstone, Dec 10, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 777

1. Gladstone

Gladstone IncGamers Member

so I've found a run that I've really enjoyed doing, I join 8 player baal games and clear out chaos with my hdin, running 300 mf. the hardness is not the issue, speed is. I can kill mostly every big pack along with the 3 seal monster packs, but not diablo. However, if I skip a couple big packs I can make it to diablo. I've heard that diablo cannot drop every item in the game, but the chaos monsters can. which should I do?
  2. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

If it is just for the drops, just do the lvl 87 area bosspacks (which is River of Flame and CS.) The Seal bosses and Diablo are capped at TC 84, so they cannot drop TC 87 items (Death's Fathom, Griffon's Eye, Tyreals, etc).

If you want more reading why: Link to mf guide by hrus

Plus, for your run, I bet you would get more overall experience (until lvl 97 or so) by killing more monsters rather than waiting for Diablo to spawn.
  3. Gladstone

Gladstone IncGamers Member

ok awesome thanks a lot, so just to be super clear both the regular monsters and the boss packs/uniques except for diablo and seal bosses in river and chaos are TC87?
  4. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Both the Seal bosses and Diablo can drop Death's Fathom (qlvl81) and Griffon's Eye (qlvl84).

Here's a unique TC list for future reference.
  5. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

6. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

Diablo can drop every base item, including TC87 base items (mlvl94) and can drop up to unique TC84. This means no (unique qlvl87) Tyrael's, Arachnid's Mesh, Azurewrath, (unique qlvl86) Stormlash, Crown of Ages etc. etc.

Both Griffon's and DF have unique qlvl<=84.

This list is wrong. (At least from my understanding of TC's which is not great, I have to admit.)