Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CANZON vs US_ZON? team lvl?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by superdave, Oct 1, 2005. | Replies: 328 | Views: 12606

1. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

CANZON vs US_ZON? team lvl?

i have been thinking about this for a long time now, i think there are enough good players here to make it work

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?p=3865130#post3865130

read^^^^this and post your ideas here

the accounts are already made on useast ladder

CANZON and US_ZON

us vs canada(with some help from some ringers from the rest of the world carrying fake canadian id of course)
  2. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Sounds like fun, but some things:

a) 1 character or many? I assume it's only 1.
    b) what kind of character? Will it be where only 1 person can apply the stat points and skill points? are stats and skill points even going to be used, since you can now do chaos runs and get any lvl 1 to lvl 80 in a day?
    c) equipment wise, can we transfer in or out items that are better suited for our playstyle or do we simply use the ironman route? I prefer the ironman for difficulty and generally a good experience. Do we even need equipment if all we do is park her and have hammerdins clear out chaos/baal?

Okay, it seems to be getting very confusing for me now. Maybe I just don't get the idea or concept.
  3. superdave

1) one character on account and one mule
    2)team choice on build...most likely hybrid to better utilize drops and to accomodate differnt playing styles....anyone running zon can apply points as earned but i would think by a planned build....idea here would be to have a pair of well built/equipped zons at ladder end
    3)no twinking with the exception of a single mule....drops in game can go to zon only if she is present during kill....honour system yes but the kind of players who would be attracted to this wouldn't cheat anyways.

i will add a few more.....
    4)talk dacar into running a thread that each team can update with their zon's progress and equip
    5)channel for both teams "uscan"
    6)all forum rules apply
    7)absolutely no MH/PICKIT etc....legit,legit,legit...the accounts are created on my key
  4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

So, are you saying it would be a race to level 99 for each team, US and Canada? Each team has one character and one mule.

I think it should be a planned build, with stat and skill points distribution agreed by everyone who will play the character.

I do not have the time to play that much, but I can help by being judge, jury, and executioner. Would you want me to drop in on games at random to check on progress and honesty? Or do we just trust all players?

How do we choose who wants to play? If there are plenty of people who want to play then we can make a schedule based on availability.

Eack character should have to finish every quest and hit every wp. That way, very little rushing is guaranteed.

If anyone is caught cheating (MH, pickit, any other hack), they will be banned from these forums.

More thoughts as they come...
  5. superdave

yes...first to 99 or whatever lvl is decided on...i think you would have to go on trust...scouts honour....the kind of players that would sign on would be the least likely to cheat anyways

good point about the quests and wp's....add that as #8
  6. Dacar92

Should everyone play solo in a passworded game? That way, there is no rushing at all. But how could we make sure anyway? People can have a friend come into the game and give him the WP's and then kill baal. But the point is level 99, or whatever level is agreed upon. You should hit every quest. You can level to 80 or 85 questing. Then the rest of has to be baal runs.
  7. superdave

i think solo would just take too long...ask the guys in sp.....it would be nice to get a bunch of guys together and baal once all the quests are done...out of necessity, i have played with alot of new forum members this season(almost all the vets i used to play with are gone) and i have really enjoyed myself...i have even added a couple to my f list(and that rarely happens)....this might be a chance for some of the oldtimers to meet and play with some of the newer members

how about this? winning team gets bragging rights, losers ear and the losing teams account....all players on winning team entered into a draw for the accounts?
  8. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

If we're going to go on scouts honor, then I suggest we allow for players to level the character in public games if they want to. They will not attempt to cheat by gaining wps or quests in which they did not themselves work for. They will not party with other people since it is way too easy to gain quests unintentionally i.e. someone in party running Shenk while quest is active.

Anderial first drop bug must be active for that character for each difficulty.
  9. superdave

ok dacar, go use your charming smile and winning personality to recruit some volunteers
  10. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

If your going to do this, I'm in!
  11. superdave

first victim....er...volunteer....i think to get something like this going we would need at least a 1/2 dozen people on each zon....it would either fizzle out or snowball from there.....maybe we could talk dacar into spamming this in some other forums...or maybe even put a word in with some of the other mods....i think each team would need a support group of several different builds...especially when it gets down to the nittygritty(yes that's a word...my grandmother used to use it) of baal runs.
  12. citybird

citybird IncGamers Member

This is the busyist forum that I know of and I would love to play with you guys if at all possible. Put me down for the us-zon team.

DETAILS?? what are the build guidelines? since we are playing untwinked they will have to take into consideration non uber equipment. What are the account names? us-zon? canzon? us-mule? canmule?

What are the drop guidelines? I think we need a list of items that are kept and most everything else is ignored or do we trade them for items? I would think that they would be ignored and other players should get a crack at picking them up.

I think with enough players we should only play games that the zon's make. (act 1 norm... and so on) and not join other peoples games. perhaps a standard game name like "us-zon a1norm" "canzon a4nmare" "us-zon a5hell"

I am looking forward to playing with you guys. *skarbutt
  13. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

If this is going to start soon this week I am in for canzon, I am on vacation from work and can devote myself for a day or 2.

My knowledge about zon is a little small but just fix me a plan for the skills and stats and Ill gladly run this.

For further discussion ya can reach me on this board or at my email messsbu_3@hotmail.com
  14. superdave

that would be up to each team to decide before starting....the build should be flexible because the zon would be untwinked.

acount names are CANZON US_ZON....the zon's name are the same....i think the mules are created too....i probably named them canzonmule and us_zonmule

drop guidlines would be simple....anything that would further the progress of the zon would go to her if she was present at the drop.....everything else would be fair game or divided up as the team sees fit.....untwinked = NO TRADES

standard game names would be a good idea....i think by using a single channel for both teams would be a good idea.....i think all support players would have to be registered at the forums....that would be the only way to ensure that forum rules were followed

hopefully we can talk some of the oldtimers who have "retired" into coming back to help out
  15. citybird

citybird IncGamers Member

thanks for the clarification. I have already started hanging out in #uscan waiting for others to join.
  16. superdave

you may have a long wait....i was hoping to get going this weekend but we would need alot more people to sign on first
  17. superdave

doesn't look like too many people are interested...if you guys still want to do this post here and i will start handing out passwords....take screenshots of zons' progress and keep updating in this thread
  18. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Yeah.. I was hoping for more to join as well.. I guess people want to make their own zons.
  19. Dacar92

I will help. I am not sure how much time I will have. But I will throw my hat into the ring if the idea is about to die. I like tourneys ands wish we had more around here.
  20. superdave

i will pm you the passwords....anyone who wants to run one of the zons, get the p/ws from either dacar or me....if you take one of the zons in game please take screenshots and post progress updates here....dacar, would you mind letting some of the other mods know about this project....maybe they can get the word out for us that other support characters are welcome to join in the runs.