Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cant get to diablo in normal

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Noobstorm, Oct 12, 2010. | Replies: 5 | Views: 852

1. Noobstorm

Noobstorm IncGamers Member

cant get to diablo in normal

I have a lvl 27 warrior, a bit overleveled for normal but I can't get to diablo :\

Those winged things that shoot the red balls take my life down fast, if theres lots of them. And its hard to kill them. I have a massive sword of haste, but its 2-handed so if I use it I loose health alot faster. Also I just take a lot of damage, period. Any suggestions?

I have max dex and i'm maxing vit now. I have some in str. for gear but no more atm because ~10 pts = 1 dmg for my level. When I finish vit I will max str.
  2. irontigran

irontigran IncGamers Member

Re: cant get to diablo in normal

ok.. so a 27ish warr norm..
    taking red balls to the face is never fun so I will try to help ;)

lvl 27 you should have had enough lvlup boosts to get past these guys. Id rather put points into anything but vit, but either way youre gaining somethings, which all lead to Rome.

in norm diff, your chars game can have more holes and still get by. haste is great... even if its 2h. just working on dodging those shots. you need to play more horizontal. play more with the shift key. this is very important with haste. it helps you make your arms a little longer and be able to stunlock them. without stunlocking or stone curse the situation is a mess. if its an all-witch lvl remember low ac is the way to go. if you dont have many options, go back to the caves for a while and lvl more and get more gear.. or go to the lvl 1-2 in nightmare. easy killing and youll score some nice exp :D

how much mag and what spells do you have?
  3. Noobstorm

42 magic with items, 10 without.

I have useless offensive spells, besides holy bolt to help lure out Diablo.

I do need a 1handed haste weapon, my current one is just too slow and it takes a lot of time to kill a witch with it. The thing is I can't get one :\ With my 2hander a pack of witches take down my life real fast, even if i move around I have to stop to attack one. I got lucky with monsters on level 15 so made it to lazarus room easily, and lured the monsters out one by one. I killed lazarus but on my way to finding the star I almost died, had to exit the game with ~5 health left.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  4. irontigran

well I have small kings blade of haste you can have. you can use the shield slot to max your resistances and whatnot then.
    Id work on your magic big time. try to max it asap. youre right offensive spells will suck, but healing, teleport, stonecurse etc are super valuable. in normal diff. even guardian can stun a witch pack so they cant get in a rythem shooting. I will see you on soon look for rcbot
  5. Noobstorm

Thanks for the kings blade of haste, and the max resist -life over time ring.. it helped a lot. The witches couldn't run away, at all. The resists helped me a lot, that was a big problem before. I killed Diablo =) I did the whole run without magic, accidently pulled Diablo without holy bolt but still managed. On the way I got a nice unique crown with +10 all attributes, 40 armor, +40 mana, and +10 light radius. I also found a unique shield with 10 armor, 10 hit points, +2 strength, -10 light radius, and altered durability. I don't use the unique shield since the current one I got has +39 hit points. Also found a blue +54 hit points ring.

Thanks so much I can survive much better now :D
  6. irontigran

great! :D

the royal circlet is probably the best unique in the game. not crazy rare but much harder than most uniques to pull in so thats fun.