Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can you tell me all about Diablo 3 lore?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by EvonneDalton, Feb 4, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 1523

1. EvonneDalton

EvonneDalton IncGamers Member

Can you tell me all about Diablo 3 lore?
  2. clueso

clueso IncGamers Member

At first there was nothing.
    Out of the nothingness there came two creatures.
    The Prime Evil (something with T as the first letter, I can not remember the whole name) & a being of light called Anu.
    Anu & the prime evil where fighting against each other for a long time, until they both destroyed each other.
    Anus body became the material for the high heavens & the angels.
    The prime evils body (which was a seven headed dragon) became the material for the whole hell - the three dominant heads became the prime evils, the four lesser heads bacame the lesser evils.

Out of the creation of the prime evil & Anu there has manifested an object, called "the worldstone" - which means it was in the eye of creation with the power to create new worlds.
    The eternal fight between demons & angels was all around the worldstone....
    After a long time of fighting, some demons & some angels got bored of fighting, so they allied together, stole the worldstone & where hideing it in a new created world called sanctuary.

The children of the demons & angels where called the nephalem & it came out that they where even more powerful then normal angels or demons - so the rueling high ranked angels & demons did something that would cause the nephalem to lose there powers over time.

Than sanctuary & the worldstone where discoverd by the forces of heaven & hell, so war came to sanctuary.
    After lots of fighting & the prime evils where banished into so called soulstones & prisioned in some places of sanctuary by some angels & nephalem, so these powerful demons could not rule over hell anymore.
    After this thread was gone, the high council of the archangels where debating about sanctuarys future.
    One archangel (Imperius) voted for the destructions of sanctuary & the nephalem, three archangels voted for not destroying it & another one (Matheal) did neither vote for, nor against the destruction.

Than, a few hundred years later, the story of Diablo I begins.
    The prime evil Diablo corrupts the mind of king Leoric in Tristam (the tristram cathedrel was diablos prision).
    Some heros where able to stop the corrupted Leoric & also killed Diablo in the deapth of the Tristram cathedreal.
    But to defeat Diablo compeatly, they have to deal with the soulstone, so the hero smashed the soulstone into his/her head.
    End of Diablo I.

In Diablo II we find out, that the hero from the first part is slowly loosing the fight against Diablos soul & everywhere he goes, he is leaving a path of destruction.
    After being fulls corrupted by Diablo, he frees Baal & Mephisto, the other prime evils from their prisions & goes through a portal back to hell,to rule again.
    Diablo & Mephisto where killed by some heroes.
    In the meanwhile, Baal has made his way to the mount Arreat, where the worldstone was hidden by the nephalem.
    He corrups it to gain its power, but also he was killed by the heroes.
    Than Tyrael, the archangel of justice apears & destroys the corrupted worldstone.
    End of Diablo II.

Diablo III play 20 years after the end of Diablo II & I think I don't have to tell the rest of the story here.

Regards
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. ColonelEgz

ColonelEgz IncGamers Member

Awesome summary.

There's also some stuff about soft sorceress underboobs and blonde amazons with humongous breasts, but that is a story for another day.
  4. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

I would like to hear this story, preferably with pictures ;)