Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can someone tell me why any char name with "BaronVon" is rejected by the server?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by diablo loves donutz, Aug 22, 2007. | Replies: 3 | Views: 495

1. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

Can someone tell me why any char name with "BaronVon" is rejected by the server?

So uhhhhhh....little lost here. I was going to make a mule to hold on to some of the stuff my sorc had found, so I go to make a new char. I like to make my mules kind of relevant to what they carry (i.e-I have a barb called Gemmy-Hendrix for pgems, a necro called MyPlansAreRuned for runes, etc). So after a while I thought of some funny names and I decided on BaronVonMule...but low and behold....baronvan is rejected by the server....uh can someone elaborate on this? I'm lost.
  2. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Titles cannot be used in names. Baron is for killing Diablo in classic hardcore, I believe.
  3. Bongstrocity

Bongstrocity IncGamers Member

Warning: Off Topic-ish

I recall back in school the filters on search engines would turn down a search for the word firetruck as it had f u c and k all in a sequence in that order...

notice i didn't bypass the word filter in any way
  4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

As Merick said. Any titles used by the game are rejected. This includes all titles used in classic/lod and sc/hc afaik.