Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Can my labtop run Diablo 3?

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by ccoolleeiiss, May 2, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 3432

1. ccoolleeiiss

ccoolleeiiss IncGamers Member

Can my labtop run Diablo 3?

I feel like an idiot because i already pre-ordered the collectors edition. I glanced at the system requirments and thought they were good enough so i went out and spent one hundred dollars on this game. anywhoo,

[TABLE="class: AnalysisTable, width: 0"]
    [TR="class: a-row AnalysisRow"]
    [TD="class: AnalysisIcon"][/TD]
    [TD="class: AnalysisColumn"][TABLE="class: DetailTable"]
    [TR="class: DetailRow"]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]CPU[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: DetailRowPad"]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: Intel Pentium D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: AnalysisColumnArrow"][/TD]
    [TD="class: pass itemResultColumn"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="colspan: 4"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: b-row AnalysisRow, bgcolor: #D9DBE2"]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]CPU Speed[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: Info[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: 2.4 GHz[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: AnalysisColumnArrow"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: fail itemResultColumn"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]RAM[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: 4.0 GB[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]OS[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]Video Card[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: fail itemResultColumn"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="colspan: 4"]
    [TR="class: DetailRow DetailHeaderRow"]
    [TD="class: DetailFeatureHeader, colspan: 4"]Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailFeatureSub, colspan: 4"][TABLE="class: SubDetailTable"]
    [TH="class: SubDetailTableTH, align: left"][/TH] [TH="class: SubDetailTableTH, align: left"][/TH] [TH="class: SubDetailTableTH, align: left"]Required[/TH] [TH="class: SubDetailTableTH, align: left"]You Have[/TH] [TR="class: SubDetailRow"]

[TD="class: YouHaveText"]4.0[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: SubDetailRow"]

[TD="class: YouHaveText"]4.0[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: SubDetailRow"]

[TD="class: YouHaveText"]128 MB[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [​IMG] Pixel Shader version 3.0 [​IMG] Vertex Shader version 3.0 [​IMG] Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailGroupName"]Free Disk Space[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle"]Minimum: 12 GB[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: DetailTitle YouHaveText"]You Have: 165.3 GB[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

It says that my video ram is not enough but my maximum video ram (as it says in my control panel)
    1755 Mb. can i run diablo 3 at all. i do not care if it is on low graphics. well even if i can't, i still get the first two games and some nice goodies with it.:smug:
  2. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

Re: Can my labtop run Diablo 3?

You most likely have Intel HD Graphics 3000 which is enough to start the game and run it on the absolute minimum settings.
  3. ccoolleeiiss

ccoolleeiiss IncGamers Member

thank you, but do you know how smoothly it will run, and, even though it does not matter much, how bad will the graphics be? I know the beta does not have low settings, but do you or anyone have a projection? Thank you.

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator; Clan Officer West

I think you will be able to play on low settings. Make sure to close all other programs. Maybe even close the anti-viris program as they usually take precious resources.

I was able to play the beta on my single core Pentium 4 machine with an old AGP graphics card. Never mind that it's one of the best AGP cards still available, it still played and my processor is way below the min specs. In your case you have on board graphics but a decent processor. It may take some tweaking but I think you'll be ok.
  5. Tilitoon

Tilitoon IncGamers Member

I double checked just to make sure and I think the i3 370m has the older Intel HD Graphics 2000, if that is the case, I don't think the term "smooth" could even be used to describe the gaming experience you will have with you current laptop. So, as I said, the game will launch and you will be able to "play" but I don't think you will get much more than 30fps with every possible settings to low, so I wouldn't personally consider playing it at that level of lag. I will let you be the judge of that, you can still try it when the game is out if you wish, some people told me they can handle to play a game at 25fps, but personally I find it way too much frustrating to get constant slowdowns and lag. I am sorry but there is nothing you can do, since you can't upgrade your laptop. The best thing would be to buy a desktop, but you won't be able to build one for much less than ~$550.

6. mallenfit

mallenfit IncGamers Member

If it has the Intel HD 2000, I would say you're probably not going to be able to play it.

I played the beta on an Intel HD 3000 (on accident - the optimus bug), and it was playable on lowest settings but framerates were sub 20 fps unless i was standing still or didnt have much going on screen.

In other words, while you can play it on the HD 3000, don't expect an enjoyable experience.

If you're looking for a laptop, you can find one that will play it very well in the $600-$750 range.

Personally, I went with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215256
    It's $650, and I was able to play Beta on max settings (when I turned the graphics card on), and was above 30fps in almost every situation.
    There is a newer version with the nvidia 630m card that should be pretty comparable.

I'm sure you could find other brands with similar machines at similar price points.

As someone else mentioned, you could get a desktop to run it and save yourself some money. You can probably get a solid tower for $350 or so and throw a $50 video card in it.
  7. gruenel

gruenel IncGamers Member

The i3-370M doesn't even have the HD graphics 2000. Intel just calls it "Intel HD graphics" without a number. It's the first generation of HD graphics chips.

I have the same graphics chip in my laptop, D3 isn't playable.
  8. Felix

Felix IncGamers Member

The AMD 3. generation APU which is named "Trinity" will launch... 15 may. They have better graphics than a 540M dedicated card, and they will likely be cheaper to aquire, getting a pretty decent laptop for 500$. So if it was a cheap gaming laptop I was looking for I'd wait for that.
  9. mallenfit

mallenfit IncGamers Member

Now that you mention it, if you don't need anything right now, i think the Intel HD 4000 will be shipping soon in a laptop near you. From reading recent reports (notebookcheck.net), it appears that you would likely be able to play D3 on medium settings without much difficulty. I'm not sure if they're being shipped in new laptops yet though.

10. Tenet

Tenet IncGamers Member

I think the graphics card is going to be what does you in. I have a laptop with very similar specs (same video card) and tried to play the beta with my wife (who was on our desktop). The game loaded (against its will) and I changed all settings to the lowest of the low. We got in game, and the adjective I would use to describe the gameplay is "syrup". Everything was running at like a quarter speed. Essentially unplayable. I was surprised because Blizzard games usually aren't very taxing on a system (on low settings) and my laptop is fairly decent (except for the video card, as it is for school). Anyway, this is just my experience, and I hope the game plays well for you.
  11. etezo

etezo IncGamers Member

"cheap gaming laptop" - thats just doesnt work , do anything you can to avoid this 3 word combination.
    And some simple advice - when buying new machine if the shop doesnt say what exactly graphics card - for example its just said that its 1024MB gfx memory - its bad sign. Ask exactly whats in it, google it and compare with other cards.

integrated cards are crap no matter how new the laptop is - remember that the card is essentialy part of cpu and good gfx cards got higher computing power then cpus..